Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mystery Gifting FAQ [Distribution Status: COMPLETE]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

Wrenchman

01-11-2015

Current Distribution Status: Complete

Update 15/02/15 - Find the latest update from Nancymon below :-)

Quote:

Hey Summoners,

Sorry about the wait! Everything has been successfully distributed!

Please keep in mind that the requirements for receiving mystery gifts still apply. Learn more about those requirements here. (https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752934)

What are the mystery gifts for?
Quote:

Over the next few days, we'll be rewarding positive League of Legends players with a classic Mystery Gift as thanks for being such an awesome part of our community. If you haven’t received a chat restriction, ranked restriction, 14-day ban or permanent ban in 2014, and you meet the requirements to receive a Mystery Gift (you’re Level 5 or higher and there are at least 10 skins you don’t own), you’re on our list!

I haven't received my gift, but my friends all did! Why do you hate me Rito?

The mystery gifts are now complete. If you did not receive one, unfortunately you probably didn't meet Baron's "Nice list" for snowdown...

Try to improve your behaviour this season, Summoner! :-)

I got my mystery gift and clicked past it and..nothing? There's nothing in my purchase history or anything! Rito y u scam?

The mystery gift window that popped up actually said in white what you got. If you've closed this, there's only two ways to find out what skin you got:

- Looking through your champs manually. Teambuilder is probably the easiest way, as there's no timeout.

- Submit a ticket to Riot at http://support.leagueoflegends.com, who can check and confirm which skin you got.

I tried to use my skin but can't! Y U SCAMMING AGAIN?!

Some people have encountered this issue, which will fix itself. Simply try logging out and back in - if this doesn't work, give it about an hour or so from receiving and try logging out and back in once more. This will usually fix this issue.

RITO, my toxic as Mundo friend got a gift, why shouldn't I?

Quote:
Riot Lyte:

It turns out that a very small number of players did get a Ranked/Chat Restriction specifically and also got a mystery gift when they shouldn't have.
Ranked Restrictions was the latest feature released at the end of 2014, and there was some timing/data issues so a few toxic players slipped through our black coal list and got a gift. This was our first time giving positive surprises on such a massive scale (over 95% of players got it globally), so we're reviewing the process to see how we can fix these problems in the future.
So far, we're seeing about 0.1% of players globally got lucky and got this mystery gift surprise when they shouldn't have. We'll keep investigating and figuring out how to resolve this.

Skin Popup.jpg

FluXcY

Recruiter

01-11-2015

Good guy (y)

.. bad thing is I have no idea if I was banned for more than 14 days thx to leavebuster --' so still waiting

EDIT: Meant as overall more than 14 days (my longest ban was 3 days)

Eambo

Wrenchman

01-11-2015

Quote:
FluXcY:
Good guy (y)

.. bad thing is I have no idea if I was banned for more than 14 days thx to leavebuster --' so still waiting

You'd have to have been pretty bad to get a 2 week LeaverBuster, although it's not impossible.

I'd say wait until the distribution is completed, and then you can query Riot at the support page as to what stopped you/what made you ineligible. I'll be sure to update this as soon as I've heard that it's completed :-)

Kyuubi Fox

01-11-2015

Quote:
Eambo:
You'd have to have been pretty bad to get a 2 week LeaverBuster, although it's not impossible.

I'd say wait until the distribution is completed, and then you can query Riot at the support page as to what stopped you/what made you ineligible. I'll be sure to update this as soon as I've heard that it's completed :-)

Hello, sorry to bother you, but what happens if I server transferred from NA? Seeing as I wasnt in the server for the entire of 2014...am I eligible?

Eambo

Wrenchman

01-11-2015

Quote:
Kyuubi Fox:
Hello, sorry to bother you, but what happens if I server transferred from NA? Seeing as I wasnt in the server for the entire of 2014...am I eligible?

Shouldn't matter! As long as you meet the requirements listed above, you should still get the reward :-)

ScreamisT

01-11-2015

I got chat restricted am I eligible ? cuz I've seen ppl getting the skin wihle chat restricted

Eambo

Wrenchman

01-11-2015

Quote:
ScreamisT:
I got chat restricted am I eligible ? cuz I've seen ppl getting the skin wihle chat restricted

You should not be. Those people who got chat restrictions shouldn't have been either - I haven't had confirmation of whether this is an issue yet, but basically a chat restriction should exclude you from this.

blue Dragon x3

01-11-2015

Is it random when u get ur mystery skin or does ist have anything to do with when did u create ur account or anything like that, I would like to know how long I have to wait ^^

Eambo

Wrenchman

01-11-2015

Quote:
blue Dragon x3:
Is it random when u get ur mystery skin or does ist have anything to do with when did u create ur account or anything like that, I would like to know how long I have to wait ^^

There's probably a rhyme or reason to it, but for our purposes it's random. You could get it right now, or you could get it in a few days time - nobody (here) knows the order! :-)

Mana Iblis

01-11-2015

Wait it means chat restrictions is "worst" than a few days ban?