Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot does reduce chat bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warbackxoxo

01-04-2015

Ok.

Arrania

01-04-2015

Quote:
Wolf315:
I just felt posting it because there are a lot of people who are really ignorant (cugh Kiwigeneral cugh) who just say that the bans were deserved.

I agree on the Kiwigeneral part. I'm sorry to be so rude, but this guy seems like he enjoys watching people getting punished -- the type of person that if asked what career he would have liked to have if he were to suddenly live in the Middle Ages, he would choose an interrogator that would make use of torture. This is a harsh example but people with that kind of mindset (that love watching people who went in against the 'rules' being punished) seem like that to me.

Nice post, by the way.

Wolf315

01-04-2015

@Arrania, thanks, can't agree with you more

Cobaltmotari

01-04-2015

Quote:
Arrania:
I agree on the Kiwigeneral part. I'm sorry to be so rude, but this guy seems like he enjoys watching people getting punished -- the type of person that if asked what career he would have liked to have if he were to suddenly live in the Middle Ages, he would choose an interrogator that would make use of torture.

And it's not like he's just really blunt when it comes to criticizing someone! Your beliefs are totally not baseless at all![/sarcasm]

Warbackxoxo

01-04-2015

Quote:
Cobaltmotari:
And it's not like he's just really blunt when it comes to criticizing someone! Your beliefs are totally not baseless at all![/sarcasm]

Same thing for every single one of you, worst even lol.

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

01-05-2015

Almost forgot to take another look at this thread. This is indeed very cool, thanks for the screen. I always had my difficulties recommending people to contact the support about their CR if they are not sure about it, because I didn't really know how this is handled by the support. But now i know that the support actually looks at the behavior and adjusts the punishment if necessary. Nice

@the usual forum visitors: I don't really understand why you fight about this topic. Isn't this thread good news for EVERYBODY?

@warbackxoxo:

Quote:
No, actually that's a change in opinion, because you were firmly against anyone who had been CR and claimed faul, so saying you soften it is a grossly undermining what you said before.

I already crisized what you are doing here several times. You always asssume that we say the system is perfect and then try to prove us wrong by showing the flaws of the system. But in fact you are not proving us wrong, because no one ever said that the chat restriction system is perfect. Like so many times before you fight against a position, no one here supports. You are fightings ghosts.

Wolf315

01-05-2015

@Humpelstilzche Thanks, I also didn't expect the support to actually do something because you get so many automatic responses. But the weird thing is that you can completely ignore them. For example. the first "automated" response I got was saying they wouldn't reduce/remove any chat restriction.

Warbackxoxo

01-05-2015

Not really, i've been quite specific saying that the punishments were too harsh and pointless, so this change for this player goes perfectly in line in what i said.

You didn't call it perfect just as much as i didn't crticise it for not being perfect, i always though it was **** for the vast majority of it.

So it's not very fair to hyperbolize the issue and claiming i'm wrong. lol

Shiwah

01-05-2015

Quote:
Wolf315:
@Humpelstilzche Thanks, I also didn't expect the support to actually do something because you get so many automatic responses. But the weird thing is that you can completely ignore them. For example. the first "automated" response I got was saying they wouldn't reduce/remove any chat restriction.

Well, what do you expect from template responses?
They could be sincerely wanting to help players with their plight, all the while not having the power/time to do so. That's why the tickets get escalated to their superiors, if you insist and are polite...

Wolf315

01-05-2015

Quote:
Shiwah:
Well, what do you expect from template responses?
They could be sincerely wanting to help players with their plight, all the while not having the power/time to do so. That's why the tickets get escalated to their superiors, if you insist and are polite...

Well most of the people who have never send a ticket to the support before will believe these are self written answers, and will be upset that they have to deal with their punishment without a chance of having it checked.