Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


0xc00007b error - Win7 64 Bit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee Sin Carry

Recruiter

12-22-2014

Quote:
KillAlabaster:
I am in exactly the same boat as you are... spent hours trying to fix this now and nothing.

Launcher and all runs beautifully, but when I launch the tutorial to learn how to play this thing, I get the 0xc000007b error and can't play any further.

Diablo 3 working like a bomb... LOL, won't even start


Yeah I also tried the tutorial or spectating a match to don't get banned from the leaverbuster for AFK, tried everything but can't fix it. League of legends it's the only game giving me this error.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

Wrenchman

12-22-2014

Lee Sin Carry, add me ingame and we can work through some stuff later to see if we can get it working.

One last thing I'd throw here is trying downloading this and extracting these to C:\Windows\System32\

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/dlls.zip

Should that not work though, add me ingame and we'll try some pieces to get it working.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee Sin Carry

Recruiter

12-22-2014

Quote:
Eambo:
Lee Sin Carry, add me ingame and we can work through some stuff later to see if we can get it working.

One last thing I'd throw here is trying downloading this and extracting these to C:\Windows\System32\

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/dlls.zip

Should that not work though, add me ingame and we'll try some pieces to get it working.


I already tried downloading those .dlls, saw that solution from another forum, didn't work. I sent you a friend request, thanks for you help man.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

Wrenchman

12-22-2014

Quote:
Lee Sin Carry:
I already tried downloading those .dlls, saw that solution from another forum, didn't work. I sent you a friend request, thanks for you help man.


I won't be home for a few hours but I'll get in touch with you as soon as I can. Do you have many other games installed on your machine? I know you mentioned you did a clean install recently.

Thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee Sin Carry

Recruiter

12-22-2014

Quote:
Eambo:
I won't be home for a few hours but I'll get in touch with you as soon as I can. Do you have many other games installed on your machine? I know you mentioned you did a clean install recently.

Thanks!


Yes, I'm installing all my old games to see if they give me this error too.
At the moment I have few games installed, but working fine.
>Battlefield 4
>Call of Duty Black Ops I & II
>Counter Strike: Global Offensive
>Cross Fire North America
>Cross Fire Europe


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

Wrenchman

12-22-2014

Just to be sure, can we also try reinstalling DX9: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

This link contains the redistributables. Download this, open it up, extract it to a folder. Open said folder and ru nthe setup from there. If I remember correctly (can't verify right now) this download doesn't install, but extracts the installer - so be sure to put it in a folder you can find (IE: Desktop\DX9), and run the setup.exe from that folder.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee Sin Carry

Recruiter

12-22-2014

Quote:
Eambo:
Just to be sure, can we also try reinstalling DX9: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

This link contains the redistributables. Download this, open it up, extract it to a folder. Open said folder and ru nthe setup from there. If I remember correctly (can't verify right now) this download doesn't install, but extracts the installer - so be sure to put it in a folder you can find (IE: Desktop\DX9), and run the setup.exe from that folder.


The techinician installed DirectX11 after the reset, I think Dx9 files are included, but I'll try,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

Wrenchman

12-22-2014

Quote:
Lee Sin Carry:
The techinician installed DirectX11 after the reset, I think Dx9 files are included, but I'll try,


Definitely, definitely not. This is why I explicitly mentioned DX9 earlier - DirectX is not reverse compatible. 11 doesn't install 10, 10 doesn't install 9, 11 doesn't install 9 - it needs to be installed separately.

This is normally handled by the LoL installer, but I want to be 110% sure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee Sin Carry

Recruiter

12-22-2014

Quote:
Eambo:
Definitely, definitely not. This is why I explicitly mentioned DX9 earlier - DirectX is not reverse compatible. 11 doesn't install 10, 10 doesn't install 9, 11 doesn't install 9 - it needs to be installed separately.

This is normally handled by the LoL installer, but I want to be 110% sure.


Installed it, rebooted my pc, still not working. LoL automatically installs it during the setup. Don't know what to do..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

Wrenchman

12-22-2014

Quote:
Lee Sin Carry:
Installed it, rebooted my pc, still not working. LoL automatically installs it during the setup, should I try installing Dx10?


Naw not to worry, as long as we can 100% say DX9 is there that's all we need. :-) LoL uses DX9, so that's the only one we need to worry about.

Not to worry, I'll keep thinking of ideas and as mentioned, be online in a few hours :-)