How do you play Vayne??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrinkForYou

18-05-2011

I have been trying Vayne out the last days, but cant figure out how to build her.

On one hand she looks like a ability samming champ who get alot out of procs from items like Shen/Trinity Force and AD with A (Tumble) but W also tells me she should have alot of AS to make the best DPS with silver bullets..

So can decide if I should go AD/AS + some crit or just go for AD and Trinity Force

How do you play her??
Do you spec AD/AS or do you take the Trinity Froce AD route?

PsychoLandy

18-05-2011

Offtank, mostly.

Boots of your choice, lucidity, zerk greaves, swiftness, mercurys, any of those work.
Sheen (endgame build into trinity force)
Frozen mallet
Sword of the divine
Thornmail / Frozen heart / Randuin's omen
Force of nature / Quicksilver sash / Banshee's veil

If you have a good team, then build pure AS/AD.
Zerk greaves, trinity force, infinity edge, black cleaver, last 2 items are situational on whether you want more AS, more AD, or more critchance.

ColdSight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

18-05-2011

I always play vayne AD ranged , the Trinity Force build seems strong early but very weak late.

As for positions i go bot ONLY with soraka ( the only suport that can keep me alive and sustain my great harass, but i can also top or mid) .

Watch out for vayne counters on solo lanes : Irelia,Xin,Alistar,Akali,Pantheon,Jax,Nocturne. The other champs are just under you.

PsychoLandy

18-05-2011

From what I've seen about Irelia, jsut play around with her until her hiten style active is on CD, then rape her.

If you have issues with xin, condemn him away and then tumble, if he doesn't have extremelly superior movement speed, he shouldn't be able to catch up to you.

Alister is a tank and one of hte slowest champs in the game, kiting him should yield good results.

Akali is tough to fight only inside her cloud, otherwise she is incredibly squishy unless she rushes that rylai's.

Panth rips you to bits early game, but harassing him until you get some tumble and silver bolts should be enough, then just go ahead and kill him, making sure you dont get ganked in the process.

Jax, ahh.... That one you need to shut down early, then build Frozen mallet so that he can't run after you so easy if he manages to get hte upper heand in a later fight. Otherwise you have no chance against him.

But, a good Nocturne pretty much hard counters Vayne if he manages to time his spellshield so that it defends from her Condemn, otherwise he'll most likely die.

Trackeri

19-05-2011

if going the AS speed route, Madreds is a good choice as it compliments Silver bolts nicely, meaning you're dealing a portion of Physical, Magical and True damage with the majority of your attacks, this frees you from needing quite so much AD and allows you to build more survivability.

the thing to watch for is that when building int hat manner, you're not going to kill squishies as quickly as going raw AD, which is the tradeoff for being able to nuke heavily tanky targets much more efficiently.

i find that the first thing i go for is zeal, get the dagger + a hp pot to start with, then build into zeal right away, this with boots means you have a high base MS for escaping, and even higher when your chasing due to your passive, Vayne is all about mobility and you can't afford to wait until you build Trinity force for the extra movespeed, go for zeal right away, then boots of choice, then start working on mallet or such. the extra ms more often than not allows for ganks / escapes to give you that vital headstart in your early game, thus allowing you to snowball that much better.

ShakeNBakeUK

21-05-2011

Dorans Blade/Shield + Sheen -> Trinity + merc treads + wits end = GG

Resonánz

23-05-2011

boots: lucidity/merc's
core:trinity force , madreds bloodrazor/IE (depends on the enemy team)
last 3 slots always depend on the enemy comp i mostly go for tanky items from this point since the damage from tumble+trinity force is enough for the most enemys , still a good nuke even when you build tanky

Trackeri

24-05-2011

Start off with zeal, any pair of boots and Emblem of valour, then build madreds razor, maybe a black cleaver, lots and lots of AS.

end result is someone that can scream through heavy targets, at the sacrifice of being a bit weaker than a raw AD carry would be against the squishier ones, mostly as a way of taking out supports and threatening tanky champions so that they don't have the roam of the field. It changes the entire dynamics of a teamfight if your Tank has to do his job whilst dancing around Vaynes kill-zone, as opposed to ignoring the enemy damage dealers damage towards himself for the most part.

One of the things i like about vayne is she can be built several different ways, typical AD build, all out AS, or tanky with a few AS items, she's effective provided she's adapted to and played properly, which really is how all champs should be.

25-05-2011

always build trinity and wits end with zerks greaves - it gives me some extra hp 1.5 as nice movespeed and magic resist which is good for vayne, but u can build madreds if u have money - very good item too.

BoneScytheBe

19-06-2011

I pref alot of attack speed early ingame so i can get those 3 stacks up from, that + thumble = gg