Nasus Rune tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beyond Magic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-05-2011

Hi, i've read Hyfe's Nasus guide from leaguecraft and it recommends armor penetration marks

I've started to wonder if normal physical damage marks would be better.
a lot of characters dont take armor items and have quite low armor and spirit fire nullifies all of their armor already?

im lvl 29 and i've played only for few weeks but i'd like to know what you guys think.

not necessarily taking damage but some other marks instead of armor penetration.

SirRobbin

18-05-2011

You can choose between Flat AD runes OR Critical Chance runes
I have all 3 types Flat AD Flat Armor pen and Flat Crit chance
But trust me i LOVE the crit chance on Nasus you will start with 17% crit chance and when u hit a champ with ur Q ull do 250+ crit chance with a Sheen and at lv 7 shaving off 250 or even more in 1 shot is just epic!

nornamor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

18-05-2011

Armor pen is the way to go on Nasus tbh...

Beyond Magic

18-05-2011

with full armor penetration marks i get 15 penetration and lvl 1 spirit fire is already 20 and i level it quite quickly since lvl 1 wither is enough.

with those stacked i get already 35 armor penetration on lower levels if my target is on spirit fire zone, i thought about removing maybe half of the armor penetration marks and switch to AD.

sure it won't be that effective if targets are not on that area but it wont be that bad either.

usually the important fights are clashes were my opponents don't run away and stay on spirit fire, so i thought about maximizing the damage on those fights.

Morimacil

18-05-2011

It kinda depends really.
If you are fighting a squishy standing in your spirit fire, then sure, AD runes will be better.
If you are fighting a guy moving out of it, or someone who doesnt get to 0 armor just by standing in spirit fire, then arp will be better.

Tankbuster92

19-05-2011

There's no real alternative to Arpen marks on pretty much any champion that relies on physical damage.
Bottom line is that even if you max your spirit fire fast and your opponents don't buy much armor, most champions will get at least a good 55 armor by late game just from their innate scaling, and with Arpen and spirit fire you'll be able to shave that right off and do true damage.

And in the event that your opponents do buy armor (competent opponents will), nothing will boost your damage as much as the guaranteed damage increase of Arpen reduction.

And the alternatives are pretty much **** anyway. AD marks are quite weak, and the 9% crit chance you can get from crit chance runes aren't worth it either.

Hell M00d

19-05-2011

ArPen Reds
MP5/Level Yellows
Magic Resist/Flat Blues
3x HP Quints

You are an offtank, but your main damage source is your Q.