A good 5v5 team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dariforest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-05-2011

Hey guys,
Me and my friends are playing 5v5 premade for quiet some time now, but we dont feel we have a good team( as in the champs we play as).The teams are often like this:
Mordekaiser
Vladimir
Annie/Veigar/Xin/Brand (My champs i like playing as)
Tryndamere
Nidalee/Warwick

So can you please state a good 5v5 team with a few champ options ( as we might not have that one) And leave a comment as in advise , do we need a support? And also that one friend that plays trynd, he cannot be replaced as thats the ONLY champ he plays. Thank you

I Love Lemon Tea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-05-2011

your team lack enough cc or stuns. I would say you need at least 2 hard CC. swap out Mordekaiser too, he doesn't do enough damage late game and he can be weak/ignored with a little magic resist.

also, I don't see enough burst except for your Mage burst (lets be honest, one Tryn can easily be shut down if their team has more than one exhaust.)

Rely too much on AP dmg =/

I Ash I UK

16-05-2011

That Trynd is a bit stubborn, aye?
It seems a pretty ok team. I would suggest a better tank than Morde. Maybe Rammus? (he's fun as hell to play and also gives a bit of CC with powerball and taunt)

When me and my 4 friends are in 'try hard mode' Our team is:

Rammus (me)
Sona
Veigar/Kennen
Shaco
Poppy

It seems a little AP light (only having 2, one of which is support), but Rammus returns a lot of magic damage with DBC and my friend that plays as Sona somehow manages to do decent damage as well as being an epic support in team fights and in duo lane. When I duo lane with Sona, I find myself having about 2k gold before having to return.

Weldred

16-05-2011

Top : Shen/Renekton instead of morde
Jungle: Amumu/WW
Mid: any AP carry
Bot : janna/soraka/zilean with this trynda (he should play another champs because its not WoW where you have 50skills to use, cmon.)

I played sometimes with those setups and was really nice.

Dariforest

16-05-2011

Nidalee is rarely picked though.
So a support is nice? I would go for Janna , what do you guys think about her? And yes we will change the tank , ty

AldarnX

16-05-2011

You need support: Janna, Sona, Soraka, Lux are all good choices.

Morde IMO is ok but maybe swap him for Amumu or Rammus (although Rammus = instaban usually) if possible. Trynd is meh. So is WW. I would recommend Jarvan or Renekton or Irelia instead of one of those two.

Dariforest

16-05-2011

So which champ should get replaced for the support? ( We already changed the tank, mord no longer in our team)

I Ash I UK

16-05-2011

People say Janna is OP. So she is probably a good choice. However I prefer Sona on my team. With a little CDR she heals so often and it literally adds chunks back onto your health. Also the ult, when you get a team fight in the jungle (or anywhere when the enemies bunch up) it can usually stun 4 out of the 5 champs and deal decent damage.

Its hard to say who you should replace. I'd replace Vlad because then you would be swapping AP for AP, but its up to you.

Rhoda Issa

16-05-2011

For starters, ask your Tryndamere player if he can learn to play Soraka/Janna/Sona/Taric. Soraka and Sona are easy to play and add much more value to the team. Once he knows those two he should learn Janna and Taric. (Ok it's not ideal to tell him to switch his main, but for teams, this will be a lot better).

Then for other picks: if you don't know which champions are strong and commonly picked, watch (tournament)streams. This will give you an idea of which champions are popular. However, never blindly copy their setups, instead be on voice chat with your team and discuss why they picked X and not Y. Do the same with jungle routes and map objectives.

And, most importantly, learn by playing.

For starts, here is a list of commonly picked champions (in no specific order):

Jungle: Amumu, Nunu, Rammus, Trundle, Warwick, Nocturne
Mage: Anivia, Malzahar, Karthus, Ryze, Rumble, Swain, Kassadin, Twisted Fate, Alistar
Ranged AD: Ashe, Fortune, Corki, Caitlyn, (Vayne).
Bruisers: Irelia, Renekton, Jarvan
Tanks: Malphite, Shen, Gragas
Support: Janna, Soraka, Taric, Sona

Teams USUALLY consists of 1 Support, 1 Jungler {tanking junglers}, 1 Mage, 1 Ranged AD and 1 Mage {usually a mage who can take a beating, like Ryze or Swain}/Tank/Bruiser (depending on the situation).

Dariforest

16-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flamingo View Post
For starters, ask your Tryndamere player if he can learn to play Soraka/Janna/Sona/Taric. Soraka and Sona are easy to play and add much more value to the team. Once he knows those two he should learn Janna and Taric. (Ok it's not ideal to tell him to switch his main, but for teams, this will be a lot better).

Then for other picks: if you don't know which champions are strong and commonly picked, watch (tournament)streams. This will give you an idea of which champions are popular. However, never blindly copy their setups, instead be on voice chat with your team and discuss why they picked X and not Y. Do the same with jungle routes and map objectives.

And, most importantly, learn by playing.

For starts, here is a list of commonly picked champions (in no specific order):

Jungle: Amumu, Nunu, Rammus, Trundle, Warwick, Nocturne
Mage: Anivia, Malzahar, Karthus, Ryze, Rumble, Swain, Kassadin, Twisted Fate, Alistar
Ranged AD: Ashe, Fortune, Corki, Caitlyn, (Vayne).
Bruisers: Irelia, Renekton, Jarvan
Tanks: Malphite, Shen, Gragas
Support: Janna, Soraka, Taric, Sona

Teams USUALLY consists of 1 Support, 1 Jungler {tanking junglers}, 1 Mage, 1 Ranged AD and 1 Mage {usually a mage who can take a beating, like Ryze or Swain}/Tank/Bruiser (depending on the situation).
Thanks a lot for advise , and will use this. But as i said there is NO WAY he is going to change trynd for anything else, lol