Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annoying problem with the " ` "symbol in the ingame chat.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkelectronicaL

11-22-2014

Since the very launch of the trinkets in LoL i have put mine on the " ` " button (above "TAB" and under "Esc&quot. I had no problems with that untill patch 4.20 when it started to automatically put that symbol after almost every character i type in chat. The strange thing? It happens on random times. I tried to reproduce it in many ways but i couldn't find a way to do it so, it just happens random. Here (http://i.imgur.com/ktD3Z9E.png)'s what i'm talking about. You may say it's a problem with my keyboard, but i don't think that's the thing. The bug happens only when i am in LoL game. It doesn't happen in the lobby or in the chats in the client. Neither it happens in notepad/skype/visual studio/opera. It only appears on random times when im using chat in game. I'm using Logitech G105 with all its latest drivers if it matters.

Pistol Whip

11-22-2014

I have the exact same problem. Only in the actual game, not the client. It's since the new patch.

0b1tus

11-22-2014

Same problem here. At first I thought it was Kalista related, since it seemed to pop up most frequently after soulbinding someone. I've had ` as my trinket button for ages and would really like to keep it that way, preferably without my friends telling me to stop the Cthulu talk...

brotbox

11-23-2014

Same here!
or "^Sâ^m^e^^hê^rê"

Its really annoying. It happens almost all of the time and it seems to be county (keyboard-setting) independant as mine is german :/

Also I can say it MUST be the 4.20 Patch as it wasn there before and happens nowhere else. And there are other ppl with the problem, I already thought I'm the only one.

Ñhym

11-23-2014

Same problem here.

Tiqo

11-25-2014

i have a "Sharkoon Skiller" keyboard and same problems. i tried to repair per Lol client and reinstall keyboard driver but nothing works. its since new patch..... ingame they are saying "stop trolling or report" o.O

iam writing on my keaboard in DE : ^hê^l^lô^

and if iam writing in EN with ALT + Shift : it works yes.... but its bull**** :> cause y and z are changing

RotJ Freddy

11-25-2014

This is so god damn annoying, I have it aswell.. _every character_ I type a ` is added, it's so ****ing frustrating, please fix your code.

Ximtor

Recruiter

11-25-2014

Got the same Problem here, not always but like in 50% of the time whenever i write something it adds "^" on every character i type into the chat.

Also this problem pretty much has to be related to Patch 4.2 as this happens both on my laptop and pc just after installing this patch.

Kapitein Carry

11-25-2014

Yes, i am not alone... and riot seriously WHAT THE FREAKING WHOOOT. fix it Please, i keep getting reported for offensive language cause people think im swearin at them when im only saying n`o```gòò `bàc`k `th``ey`yr`re`in `jù``n`glè `b`èhi`nd `y`o``u..
FIX IT FAST and give us all free 2000 riot points. thanks.
Snappi out

Got exact the same problems and stituation as topic starter.
Only in game, not anywhere else (using logitech g15 thoo)
noticed that it happens with individual key strokes, like if i tap : B >> `b`b`b`b`b but if i press and hold > `bbbbbbbb

DarkDodger

11-26-2014

same prob here. really annoying when you want to write something quickly and either its gibberish or you have to take a lot of time and try and try until it stops for unknown reasons.