League of Legends Client for LAN

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Airanthus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-05-2011

Hello summoners!
I've been thinking, why doesn't Riot create a client for Off-Line games? like when you go for vacation but not having internet but still want to game with your friends on Laptops and Wireless LAN?

DD Seventh

16-05-2011

LoL runs serverside to prevent hacking/botting.
Making a LAN client means leaking the code, this is something Riot won't do.

Peon

16-05-2011

So you go in vacation to a place where you can find 6 (3c3) or even 10 (5c5) computers but no internet. Please tell me where it is so i never go there :P

Robie the PAX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon View Post
So you go in vacation to a place where you can find 6 (3c3) or even 10 (5c5) computers but no internet. Please tell me where it is so i never go there :P
Ha, good point.

Airanthus

16-05-2011

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon
Ha, good point.
Well that would be in a village at an island where i will go with some friends but there is no internet :P That would be in Aegean islands of greece :P well there is internet but the owner wants 3.5euros per hour :P

Wanijima Agito

Recruiter

16-05-2011

Im Agito, and I aprove this thread.
It would be cool to play LoL in lan and get Points for it (Steam Cloud or Microsoft Live's Cloud Thinkgamajig)

Ph1lnator

16-05-2011

not going to happen. As soon as this game would get an offline mode private server would pop up everywhere.

TopDog

16-05-2011

shouldn't u do different stuff when u're on a vacation

MuteClown

16-05-2011

lol easy to reverse the LAN server for pServers. So they'll never do it =/

Airanthus

16-05-2011

Quote:
shouldn't u do different stuff when u're on a vacation
yeah of course, but around midday when it's too hot to get out and after lunch where i can't swim in the sea is a two hour gap :P