Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Aoide, the Siren

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrunkeN1338

12-22-2014

I was creative today, so again I made some changes to the ultimate.
And I think I am finished now! :-)

Please let me know what you think.
Thank you in advance.

DrunkeN1338

12-25-2014

Merry Christmas :-)

DrunkeN1338

12-31-2014

...and a Happy New Year! :-)

FloRaider42

01-02-2015

Hi FloRaider here, with an review for you.

Lore:
Not here

Passive:
Nice idea, but I think it is too hard to fully utilize this passive, because you only get the increased damage when attacking the same enemy, which conflicts with CSing, and you won't be able to proc the passive, if you need 7 AA to do so.

Q:
Not much to say, as it is a pretty solid AOE ability and offers some synergy with her passive.

W:
With the MS reduction, the channeling time and the requirement, procing the effect seems to be very difficult without the help of other CC which makes this ability very weak in solo lanes.
I think that the additional effect could easily go unnoticed in a TF as the enemy is caugth in a 3 sec taunt anyway.

E:
Even if the MS reduction would be strong, this ability seems TF focused as well, as it is best used in connection with W and offers good AOE CC.

Ultimate:
A transformation that sacrifices range and passive to get tankier seems fine and balanced.

Second Q:
Doesn't seem to have changed much, as only the location of the AOE is changed, but not the damage or effect.

Second W:
Strange that the song in ranged form draws you in and the song in melee form makes them flee.

The Big Picture:
Her abilities in both forms seem to be melee focused, as they require her to get and keep close to deal max damage.
Even if none of the abilitys have a weakness on their own, she still has a big disadvantage in lane.
She lacks CC to be a support, damage and range to go mid and survivability and gank potential for jungle. So the only thing left is to go top or ADC, because she can punish engages and has some AA synergy.

Appearence:
How does her true form look like ? Is she a bird-siren, mermaid-siren or something completly different.
The skin suggestions you made may fit her normal form but how do they fit her second one ?

DrunkeN1338

01-03-2015

Happy New Year and thank you very much for your review.
I explained the points you criticized.

Quote:
FloRaider42:

Passive:
Nice idea, but I think it is too hard to fully utilize this passive, because you only get the increased damage when attacking the same enemy, which conflicts with CSing, and you won't be able to proc the passive, if you need 7 AA to do so.

The passive is absolutely not meant to be utilized to full extend all the time. But with her Q she can increase her attack speed for a few seconds to make good use of it. It just shall help her to get some additional damage in a solo lane. Because it fits her singing-theme perfectly, I think it's a fun passive for her.

Quote:
FloRaider42:

W:
With the MS reduction, the channeling time and the requirement, procing the effect seems to be very difficult without the help of other CC which makes this ability very weak in solo lanes.
I think that the additional effect could easily go unnoticed in a TF as the enemy is caugth in a 3 sec taunt anyway.

Enchanting Song is her core skill. The radius of it has to be big to be effective. Then the skill is very usable. To be save, opponents have to stay out of her singing-range. If they enter the radius, they are in danger. If Aoide starts to sing, opponents have to decide to take the chance to interrupt the song by attacking Aoide, or to leave the singing-radius. Of course her Enchanting Song is not meant to succeed every time. It is meant to be a constant threat.

Quote:
FloRaider42:

E:
Even if the MS reduction would be strong, this ability seems TF focused as well, as it is best used in connection with W and offers good AOE CC.

The main purposes of W are to protect her or to prevent opponents from fleeing:
Aoide draws opponents close to her. If she is in danger, she can slow attacking enemys. Or if she thinks she can finish the attracted opponent (in beast-form), she can stop them from fleeing.

Quote:
FloRaider42:

Second W:
Strange that the song in ranged form draws you in and the song in melee form makes them flee.

No it's not strange at all. In her first form she has a beautiful appearance, in which she can lure opponents to her. When she transforms into a beast, also her song changes into something scary and damaging.

Quote:
FloRaider42:

The Big Picture:
Her abilities in both forms seem to be melee focused, as they require her to get and keep close to deal max damage.
Even if none of the abilitys have a weakness on their own, she still has a big disadvantage in lane.
She lacks CC to be a support, damage and range to go mid and survivability and gank potential for jungle. So the only thing left is to go top or ADC, because she can punish engages and has some AA synergy.

I would say she is great for mid. Her passive helps her to have a bit more damage.
Her opponent has to stay at a long distance to avoid being charmed, because of the long range of her Enchanting Song. That's why she is a constant threat for any opponent. If she manages to attract her opponent, she can deal a good amount of damage. If she attracts her opponent close enough and changes into beast-form, she is a big threat for any squishy mage champion.
Of course her play style is very risky, but that's what makes her fun to play.
Besides there are many champions that are used for mid, that are close range or melee. So I don't see a problem here.

Maybe she could also be a support, because her CC-abilities and damage-spells are all multi-target-spells.

Quote:
FloRaider42:

Appearence:
How does her true form look like ? Is she a bird-siren, mermaid-siren or something completly different.
The skin suggestions you made may fit her normal form but how do they fit her second one ?

Yes, I did not propose an appearance in beast-form so far. I would avoid the mermaid-siren because of Nami, but the bird-like siren would be an option. It's not so important how she looks exactly, she just has to lose her beauty and change into something that looks more dangerous.

DrunkeN1338

01-10-2015

I added some additional explanations to the champion suggestion. I hope you like it.

DrunkeN1338

01-10-2015

If you have some ideas for her lore, please let me know!

DrunkeN1338

01-14-2015

I added a new name alternative:

Sirena, the lonesome singer.
It fits perfectly, because "Sirena" is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Sirena is "enchanter".
Obviously it's a perfect name for a Siren :-)

Or do you prefer Aoide, the lonesome singer ?
"Aoide" means "to sing" in Greek. In Greek mythology Aoide was one of the original three muses, the muse of song.

DrunkeN1338

02-01-2015

;-)

DrunkeN1338

02-15-2015

(-: