Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Aoide, the Siren

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrunkeN1338

11-18-2014

Link to the new thread in the boards. (http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-creations-en/y1lLGAp5-champion-suggestion-sirena-the-lonesome-singer)

Idea:
The character resembles a Siren of the greek mythology. Riot has used many mythological creatures as inspiration for their champions. I'm also a big fan of that. So I hope they like my idea.

Background:
In Greek mythology, the Sirens were dangerous yet beautiful creatures, portrayed as femmes fatales, who lured nearby sailors with their irresistible singing to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island.

Theme:
Her theme is singing.

Abstract:
Aoide is a female mage/support champion. Just like the mythological figure, her gameplay is about drawing (multiple) opponents close to her, and then dealing damage to them.

Looks:
Aoide should be a good looking, female champion, to fit the Siren character.

Name:

Sirena, the lonesome singer
"Sirena" is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Sirena is "enchanter".
Sirena has 5 variant forms: Sireena, Sirene, Sirenia, Sirenna and Syrena. All of them would be great.

Alternative name:

Aoide, the lonesome singer
"Aoide" means "to sing" in Greek. In Greek mythology Aoide was one of the original three muses, the muse of song.

In the following text I call the champion Aoide, because it was my first idea. Now I think Sirena, or one of the variants, would fit even better.

Abilities:

Aoide auto attacks by singing a note.
It's a long range auto attack, similar to the auto attack of Lux, Morgana,...

Passive - Solmization
Background information: Solmization is a system of attributing a distinct syllable to each note in a musical scale. The seven syllables normally used for this practice in English-speaking countries are: do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, and ti. (Maybe you know this from music lesson.)

The idea behind the passive is to give Aoide some additional damage on her auto attacks to help her in a solo lane. Also I want a passive that fits her singing-theme.
So I came up with Solmization:

Aoide auto attacks by singing a note, starting with „do“. Everytime she hits the same opponent again, she will continue the musical scale (re, mi, fa,...). The damage on her auto attack will increase with every note. The last note „ti“ will stun the opponent for a short period of time. This only works if she hits the same opponent continuously, without auto attacking another opponent in between. If Aoide hits another opponent or she reaches the last note, the musical scale will be reset. There is also a timer of a few seconds after every auto attack. If the timer counts down before Aoide auto attacks the same target, her passive will also be reset.

Of course the passive is not meant to be fully utilized all the time. It's just an ability to put pressure on the opponent in the lane.

The damage-increase on her auto attacks could be additional magic damage, scaling with her ability power.

Ultimate - R - True Nature (toggle with low cooldown)
Aoide reveals her True Nature, transforming into a beast. In her True Nature form her auto attack will change to a melee attack, with increased damage. She could also have life steal, additional health, armor and magic resistance.

The ultimate is a toggle, so she can stay in beast-form as long she wishes.

Her passive Solmization does not work in beast-form.
Her Q and W change into another skill.

Q in pretty form - Soprano (cooldown: 5-10 seconds, range: ~1000-1200)
Aoide screams at her opponents in a high pitched, damaging tone.
This spell hits multiple targets in a 30° cone in front of her, dealing magic damage and silencing opponents for 1 second.

Q in beast form - Bass Drop (cooldown: 5-10 seconds, range: ~600)
When Aoide transforms into a beast, her Q-spell Soprano changes to Bass Drop: In beast-form Aoide is now screaming with a deep voice, sending out a shockwave. That's why her Q is now a Point Blank area of effect-spell, dealing the same damage in a radius around her and also silencing opponents for 1 second, just like Soprano. The range of Bass Drop is smaller than the range of Soprano.

If Aoide hits an enemy champion with her Q, her attack speed will increase for a few seconds. This way she can make use of her passive after a spell-combo or she uses the additional attack speed in her beast-form.

W in pretty form - Enchanting Song (cooldown: ~30 seconds, range: ~2000)
Aoide is breathing in for 0,5 seconds, then she is starting to sing her Enchanting Song for 3 to 5 seconds. The duration of her song depends on the level of the skill (3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5 seconds).
The range of Enchanting Song has a specific radius, which has to be very big, to make this skill usable.

If opponents stay in the singing radius for a duration of 2 seconds, they will be forced to walk harmlessly towards Aoide until the end of the song.

All opponents that get attracted get marked with a sign. If Aoide deals damage to a marked opponent with her Q (Soprano or Bass Drop), the mark will trigger, dealing bonus magic damage and silence marked opponents for 2 seconds. This gives Aoide the chance to back out of the danger zone or to finish them in her beast-form.

She can not move while she is preparing the song by breathing in for 0,5 seconds.
While she is singing, her movement speed is reduced to 50%.

When an opponent is in her singing radius, while she is singing, her position is revealed. Because of the long range of her Enchanting Song, her opponents need to know in which direction they have to flee, before they get charmed.

Enchanting Song can be aborted by another press of W, by using her Q-spell or by using her Ultimate.
She can use her E (Sound Barrier) without aborting the Enchanting Song.

W in beast form - Out of Tune (cooldown: ~30 seconds, range: ~1500)
When Aoide transforms into a beast, also her song changes into something scary and damaging. Her W-spell Enchanting Song changes to an Out of Tune song. Out of Tune works just like Enchanting Song, but will apply a Flee, instead of a Charm. Additionally Out of Tune will deal magic damage for the time Aoide is singing. The radius of Out of Tune is smaller than the large radius of Enchanting Song. That's why she has to lure opponents close to her, to use Out of Tune effectively.
If Aoide changes into beast-form, Out of Tune is immediately available, even if Enchanting Song is still on cooldown. Therefore Aoide can sing Out of Tune immediately after attracting opponents with Enchanting Song.

E - Sound Barrier (cooldown: 15 seconds)
Aoide creates a ring of energy around her. Enemies who pass the ring have their movement speed reduced by a large amount.

Gameplay:
Her playstyle is about drawing opponents close to her, then dealing damage to them. This makes her play style very risky.

Enchanting Song is her core skill. To be save, opponents have to stay out of her singing-range. If they enter the radius, they are in danger. If Aoide starts to sing, opponents have to decide to take the chance to interrupt the song by attacking Aoide, or to leave the singing-radius, before they get charmed. Of course her Enchanting Song is not meant to succeed every time, but it is a constant threat.

Aoide starts her spell combos with her W (Enchanting Song). While the opponents get attracted, she has to decide, if she wants to back off or if she wants to get them into melee range and use her ultimate True Nature to finish them. In both cases, it's necessary, that she hits with her Q, because it will silence marked opponents for 2 seconds, and it will give her additional attack speed, which is especially important, if she decides to change into beast-form.
She can use the slowing energy ring around her (E - Sound Barrier) to protect her from opponents or to prevent her opponents from fleeing, when she changes to beast-form.

Possible skins:
-A mythological Skin, that resembles the mythological greek siren (half bird and half woman).
-A Popstar-Skin, because it fits the singing-theme very well.
-An Opera Singer-Skin.

Depending on the skin the Enchanting Song could change into a pop-song, opera-song and so on.

Summary:
I created a champion that resembles a mythological character: the Siren. Her playstyle and skill set fit her mythological background, luring opponents close to her, with her irresistible singing. Furthermore, her skills, her name and the names of her skills fit perfectly to her theme.

DrunkeN1338

11-18-2014

I reworked the skills and also the name of the skills, because they fit the character much better.

DrunkeN1338

11-19-2014

Again i made some changes to the skills.

BlueObelisk

11-19-2014

quick look:
note: no scalings/ranges/cd/costs
I guess it's work in progress :P

Idea: seen before, but still cool

Passive: op
does it work differently between minions/monsters/champs?
Just 100% crit within X, with so far no CD = op, at whatever role

Q: on itself: not really original, looks a lot like cho'gath w, but smaller and no silence.
Allthought nice synergy with w (synergy within a kit is always great, and should be one of your main goals)

W: so this is original and really fitting your main idea. Maybe adding something besides the bonus damage on your mark(like a silnce/stun/root/fear) (like lux q deals damage + snares + marks, so don't mind adding something to your w)
anyway original!

E: This doesn't really fit in my opinion, but your choice.
My idea: Change this to something with a jump/dash etc
It will make your champ more mobile. (you're based on a birdlike creature aswell, missed oppurtunity to do nothing with the wings imo)

R: similar to w, but now with a sort of fear instead of charm.
I think your w is stronger than your ult...cause w has the ability to draw multiple enemies towards the center, making it easier to 'wombo combo'. And R looks more like an escape tool/ disengage (but still able to use in a teamfight and do damamge)
Are you able to use q during r? <- if so, maybe a mark?

Note: you said you are ranged, but what does 'Aoide' exactly look like?
I know they're birdlike creatures, but do the arms of Aoide grow into wings (like only wings), or does she have arms and wings seperately, or arms which wings are grown on to.
As said, quite a few possibilities, which affect your AA (which is currently ranged), but in case she has claws, melee seems more logical to me.

Gameplay: I think she will get countered really hard by stuns/silences/fears. Her w and r will be stopped then, making her useless for that moment. Ult/w ->silence-> walking with only your q scream and e shield...

DrunkeN1338

11-20-2014

EDIT: Not relevant any more, because of all the changes.

DrunkeN1338

11-21-2014

I wasn't happy with my passive, because it did not fit her singing theme.

I had some creative moments today, so I came up with the new passive Solmization!
It fits perfectly her singing theme and also gives her some additional damage for a solo lane.

Aoide auto attacks by singing a note.

Passive – Solmization:
Background information: Solmization is a system of attributing a distinct syllable to each note in a musical scale. The seven syllables normally used for this practice in English-speaking countries are: do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, and ti. (Maybe you know this from music lesson.)

The idea behind the passive is to give Aoide some additional damage on her auto attacks to help her in a solo lane. Also I want a passive that fits her singing-theme. So I came up with Solmization.

Aoide auto attacks by singing a note, starting with „do“. Everytime she hits the same opponent again, she will continue the musical scale (re, mi, fa,...). The damage on her auto attack will increase with every note. The last note „ti“ will stun the opponent for a short period of time. This only works if she hits the same opponent continuously, without auto attacking another opponent in between. If Aoide hits another opponent or she reaches the last note, the musical scale will be reset. There is also a timer of a few seconds after every auto attack. If the timer counts down, her passive will also be reset.

DrunkeN1338

11-27-2014

Please let me know your opinion.
Thank you in advance.

DrunkeN1338

12-14-2014

I added an attack speed buff, when she hits with her Q, so she can make full use of her passive, when she finished her spell combo.

DrunkeN1338

12-15-2014

In "Gameplay" I explained her standard combos.

DrunkeN1338

12-21-2014

I completely changed her ultimate, because it wasn't very usable. Additionaly I wanted an ultimate, that makes her dangerous at close range, which fits her siren-theme much better.

R – True Nature:
Aoide reveals her True Nature, transforming into a beast for a few seconds. In her True Nature form her auto attack will change to a melee attack, dealing attack damage...

I also changed her E to an energy ring, that slows her opponents. This complements her kit very well, because she can use it in an offensive or defensive way. Please read the gameplay-explanation.