Kennen - UP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tupperware

13-05-2011

Well, I play LoL for two months and since I started playing it, I kindda liked kennen. I started to read threads in forum to see what other players thought about him. And I must say that the variety of opinions was HUGE!
I read much has I could until I got my 6300 IP. I decided to buy kennen.
Well, I saw his attacks and damage taken, and well..... I feel a little dissapointed. His damage is low comparing with other mages, like malzahar, lux and annie. However, he has a good ultimate and a good scape ability. He can evolve his attack speed more than most mages.
So, the coments I saw said that he is UP and needed to be worked. Other said that he is OP and that other players shouldnt say the opposite.
I think that he is a little UP, seeing the damage he takes with spells. However, he only have 70 of spells wich is low analysing with other mages. I analysed his evolution since he was released and he was no worked since that (I think they changed him just one or two times).
So, what is your opinion? I would like to know, so that I could put a limit in Kennen's power.
Thank you

Wosmahl

13-05-2011

I think he is fine. His damage is lower than other mages perhaps BUT none of the other mages has that great passive. I think it might be compared only to annies. Its huge with your ultimate. I think you need to have team fot playing kennen 100%. You stun everyone twice and they pwn them. Who cares about damage?

A Distraction

13-05-2011

The problem with kennen is that everybody thinks he's amumu - they build rylais/zhonya's and tank it up so they end up with like 180AP and do absolutely no damage and just stun people.

i build him like an assasin as he is MEANT to be - i usually rush haunting guise then aim for magic pen boots (if i dont need merc treads or ninja tabi) and then aim for an abyssal scepter. after this is done either build more defensive if carries are focusing you, or go for rabadons.

with that much magic pen you are quite squishy but assasins are meant to be. your job is to hide in the back til ur initiator gets stuck in THEN you lightning rush in and slam ur ult all over their squishies' faces. the magic pen makes the damage off kennen's ult and shuriken brilliant and it can really turn a team fight around!

for laning the shuriken has a tiny cooldown and no cost so its perfect for last hitting AND harass. also using ur 4th attack proc on the enemy champ + the W active makes him strong in lane against most champs (although i find long range casters to be a bit of trouble)

i think he is very VERY viable if played kinda like katarina - not amumu xD

Uuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-05-2011

He might not have so big burst damage early on but he is WAY more bulky than other casters and he has insane CC

MasterofEtherium

13-05-2011

His damage is low, but pure damage isn't everything. He really shines in team fights in my opinion. Because he can hit multiple enemies with most of his skills and he has great stun capabilities. And if he gets fed he is deadly alone like when most other champs get fed. Nothing is wrong is Kennen. He is also a great harrasser and farmer.

Snow Crash82

13-05-2011

Two days ago i played against a Kanen that i think was built like they should. He stunned the **** out of the whole team and did some solid damage as well. He also had Zhonya's Hourglass so that after finishing his damage cycle he could wait it off and then escape with his ball

PsychoLandy

13-05-2011

I just played against Kennen and all I can say is he is insane if built well.

Lightning rush through them all, ulti on, then activate the thing that hits everyone with a mark active. BANG, triple kill like nothing.

ImKilaya

14-05-2011

"His damage is low"

whaaat?!
Kennen is very strong, and quite versatile. Along with great damage he has some survivability and nice cc, which is very effective combo. Also nice staying on lane with energy instead of mana. He is balanced now.

JenoiR

14-05-2011

for me kennen is not a nuke..yeah he can deal good ammount of damage
but not so burst,,,
his purpose on a team must be off-tank mage like rumble..
rylais,abyssal,zonyans and everything else ap..
with that built you have a good ammount of ap so
you can easily kill glass cannon enemies
and you can stay at a fight as long as it needs..
you're not there to nuke enemies
but to slow them,stun them!
he can be so frustrating!

blue Hood

14-05-2011

i dont think that stunning ( if used correctly ) all 5 enemies is up for any champ