Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hdgsakbasduib

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

Hey guys

I just bought the lil guy and cant really decide how to build him.Anyone can help me out?
Ad?AS?AP?
Which is the most viable?Which one makes more damage?
How many mushrooms can i place down max?
Any special places where shrooms should be placed?
Also a little help with how to play him.
Thank you very much!

The Teemo

Zlikowsky

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgsakbasduib View Post
Hey guys

I just bought the lil guy and cant really decide how to build him.Anyone can help me out?
Ad?AS?AP?AS with a touch of AP seems the way to go. Item's like Malady, Nashors Tooth and Madreds Bloodrazor are usually the best. Mejai's is surprisingly good since you'll get tons of assists from your poison and sometimes even kills from random shrooms.
Which is the most viable?Which one makes more damage?
How many mushrooms can i place down max? No limit except your cooldowns. CDR items/runes and blue buff is quite beneficial to the little badger.
Any special places where shrooms should be placed? Yes, EVERYWHERE! I mean it - the more shrooms you have placed the more help you are to your team. Never sit on 3 shrooms, place one in your base if you have to - you never know when it will help. Try to put one in every brush and in common chokepoints.
Also a little help with how to play him.His biggest flaw is that for a ranged carry he has quite a short range and is incredibly squishy. You can harass in laning phase by activating your Move Quick, autoattack, blind, autoattack combo. In teamfights always save your blind for the AD carry and try to stay out of the middle of the fight. If you're caught you are dead.
Thank you very much!

The Teemo

Forbidden Artist

12-05-2011

I was playing teemo with atk speed / ap...
Always took wits end first when i was laning against some mana guy.
Your poison deals like 40 magic damage on every hit.
wits end 42
poison 44
malady 25(? not sure about the amound right now =P still, deals magic damage on hit, lowers mr)
Madreds ~100 magic damage on hit.
Frozen mallet to slow down and for hp buff.
You will have around +100-200 magic damage on hit.
(hextech or another defense item like banshees on top of it)

eh, wits end gives some magic resist, madreds some armor, frozen mallet hp. all you need.

You will deal magic damage mostly, yes.
I was attacking the tank in the late game(oh, may u guys forgive me)
just bc i was laughing everytime tanks like rammus or jarvan were oom after 5 seconds of teemo terror.
no mana on the tank makes em less effective imo.

and i dont like to run into tanks just to reach the squishier targets behind em, that makes any enemy wanna hit that cute guy first.

but they changed wits end now. I think the mana burn was better but now... it grants some more defenses. I think it also helps teemo staying alive against mean guys like yi who jumps out of the brushes to alpha strike beside the cute little badger to dps him down.(i know yi isnt dealing magic damage, well, mostly)

Full Ap Teemo with some Atk speed from nashors? No thanks. Your Blind hits hard, yes, thats it.

You cant always plant shrooms into team fights to get the benefit from ap.
Shrooms are for map awareness and to slow down chasers and save lifes of your mates. They are not supposed to deal lots of pain imo. So Ap Teemo isnt a viable choice for me.

Atk Damage teemo, right. You can go for that if you really want. There are better champs with a higher range to do so and your spells are still ap based. Maybe u can get a hextech gunblade on top of your atk speed items to raise your ad a bit.

Raventhrone

12-05-2011

Basicaly, right now you can go AS/AD (the world #1 solo ranked used this), AS/AP or pure AP. Hybrid works worse.

AP is easy to shut down, and is more aimed at a passive/support role.

AS/X with madred's works well enough and the core items still leave you space for survivability. You can create any amount of mushrooms, there's really no limit anymore. Where to put them: Brushes and commonly-traveled locations that might give you a warning of incoming gankers OR to pick off escaping opponents. As bonus points, place mushrooms in places you'd like to teleport to.

hdgsakbasduib

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

So i tried him out Ad/As and my mates lought at me saying i should go Ap:/
Maybe they were expecting that enemy will just die from 1 mushroom?

Forbidden Artist

12-05-2011

they didnt turn on the brain button.

ap is the most common but also worst build on teemo.(so many noobs around)

Yes, shrooms are dealing a good amount of damage for just standing there and wait.

But that is what they do. Standing there and wait. You cant initiate a team fight by walking around the enemys and plant some shrooms like this "Hey guys iam cute, dont touch me i just plant this.. here.. there... ok let me go behind my tanks, yaay finally, go fight now!"*wave*

And without lots of shrooms exploding, you wont deal much damage as ap teemo.

hdgsakbasduib

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Artist View Post
they didnt turn on the brain button.

ap is the most common but also worst build on teemo.(so many noobs around)

Yes, shrooms are dealing a good amount of damage for just standing there and wait.

But that is what they do. Standing there and wait. You cant initiate a team fight by walking around the enemys and plant some shrooms like this "Hey guys iam cute, dont touch me i just plant this.. here.. there... ok let me go behind my tanks, yaay finally, go fight now!"*wave*

And without lots of shrooms exploding, you wont deal much damage as ap teemo.

Lol.You are funny)
Thank you guys for the reply.I will deffinitly try him out.As i see he needs pretty good practice too.I didnt aspect his autoattack to be so low ranged.True to be sad,hes pretty fragile and easy shut down in teamfights if you dont take care.
So i guess,ill just have to practice and practice! and stay cute

hdgsakbasduib

13-05-2011

Ok.So i fought with him and its real fun!
As i noticed hes poison is Ap based,that means higher Ap,more damage with poison right?
So,it looks like it could be the best way to build him AS/Ap.
This way would deal more damage?or As/Ad?
I noticed its very important also to chose the right moment to enter fight,as he is fast focused(yeah.hes hidden passive)
Also another question: I placed first point on Blind ,then i got point on poison and leveled that out.What should be leveled after poison?Blind or Move?As both look important.
Thank you!

P.S.Is getting a Rabadon for him a good idea after u get the max attackspeed?Also..i cant figure the boots..the one with attackspeed or stun reduce?

Sorry,if i ask too much,just i know experienced player know it better,and i wanna get better

DiggyDwarf

13-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgsakbasduib View Post
Ok.So i fought with him and its real fun!
Yeah it is!

Quote:
As i noticed hes poison is Ap based,that means higher Ap,more damage with poison right?
Yeah but you only get .14 of your AP on the initial hit and everytime you hit a target again the poison just refreshes instead of stacking. So going just pure AP is not very effective.

Quote:
So,it looks like it could be the best way to build him AS/Ap.
This way would deal more damage?or As/Ad?
Indeed. Items with on hit damage effects + AS like wit's end, malady, sword of the divine, mahred's bloodrazor are great on teemo. Note that all of those also extra magic damage.

AS/AD build is prob not as effective since basically if you want to go AS/AD ranged you might in general be better off with an other champ.

Quote:
I noticed its very important also to chose the right moment to enter fight,as he is fast focused(yeah.hes hidden passive)
Yes you are better off poking in and out putting Q on enemy autoattack-champs and exhausting enemies and putting your dot everywhere than sitting in the fight.

Quote:
Also another question: I placed first point on Blind ,then i got point on poison and leveled that out.What should be leveled after poison?Blind or Move?As both look important.
I went EQEW for the longest time but its a good idea to get Q first vs any opponent since its a nice nuke on lvl1. Move quickly isnt that important but its good to get the point in it. Then you should prioritize E over Q but occasionally put a point in Q too especially if you are laning vs a ranged champion who wont be in your autoattack range much (so you cant harass him with autoattacks and have to rely on Q harass instead).

Quote:
P.S.Is getting a Rabadon for him a good idea after u get the max attackspeed?Also..i cant figure the boots..the one with attackspeed or stun reduce?

Sorry,if i ask too much,just i know experienced player know it better,and i wanna get better
There is a thing called asking too much but your questions are really good

I usually get frozen mallet at some point for the slow effect and added hp+damage. That or Rylais' sceptre, I'm not actually sure which is better. Getting rabadon's AFTER you have built a ton of damage items means you are extremely squishy (especially if you dont have mallet/sceptre) and won't last much so once you are "done" with your damage output it might be better idea to get some defensive items.
You are also so long into the match once you build your rabadon that the AP boost doesn't actually do that much anymore since by lategame people are actually less likely to roam into your shrooms and the small damage boost you get isnt that noticeable. It does give your Q some more power though.
But obv its never WRONG to build deathcap if you find yourself recalling with an extra 3600 gold!

Puschel the Soft

13-05-2011

AP is fine
AS/AD (with some crit and/or armor pen too) basically is a standard AD carry build and thus works fine
AP/AS is just bad. the on hit dmg from his poison only scales like 0.2 or 0.3 with AP. So you are better of with just AP, attacking once, and let the full poison tick off.