Pixel Shadow and Swiftshader

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MachidaShino

11-05-2011

Hello, when I try to run a game I get Pixel Shader 2.0 error. I was wondering is there any way to fix it, I readed some guys said they suceed geting it working but they didnt say how. So I was wondering can u help me about it, I heard something that Swiftshader could fix it, so please if you know how and if u know link, share it to me.

My graphic card is radeon 9200 pro family if it helps, maybe I need to upgrade driver, I dunno how tho.

MachidaShino

11-05-2011

bump

Niakz

11-05-2011

Go get a new computer right away

Anyway download and run a program called GPU-Z. It will be able to tell you the supported Pixel Shader your card has.

MachidaShino

11-05-2011

Yeah, Im aware of that ^^ But im looking for some solution that allows me to at least start the game, im sure theres some so maybe Im lucky to find out what is it

Niakz

11-05-2011

Hmm the webs say that your GPU only support up to Pixel Shader 1.4.. Where have you read that somone succeded in making it work?

Edit: Looked at Swiftshader and if I have to be honest, it isen't a suitable solution. I'm not a "techy", but at least you got my opinion on it

MachidaShino

11-05-2011

Ah, thanks :P Maybe I will have to wait for more money I guess :/

c0d1f1ed

11-05-2011

SwiftShader can make League of Legends run on any (x86) system. However, because it performs all of the graphics calculations on the CPU, you need a reasonably fast CPU to get adequate performance. A dual-core CPU is probably the bare minimum for this game. SwiftShader is really efficient but it obviously can't create fast graphics out of thin air.

To try it out, just request the evaluation demo from the TransGaming website: http://transgaming.com/swiftshader. Place the d3d9.dll file from the 'x86' folder, into the 'game' folder of your League of Legends installation.