Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Restrictions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

van vivas

10-10-2014

Quote:
van vivas:
How can I know why was I Banned? Is there a place I can consult my case? I know I flamed hard a dude that trolled on champ select and i had to prepare to go bot 1v2 but then in game he decided to come my lane even though I didnt had runes items summoner spells nor champ to duo lane. After he came to my lane he started trollin me in game also (i was shen he was annie) so i went ape sh it on him. Mainly because it was one of my first games after gettin promoted to gold and also because i was gettin bad games before that one.
I don't usually get chat restricted so I feel its too much to get the Ranked ban. And 38 games seems to harsh but ok.

P.S. I think i didnt receive warning for Ranked Restriction but i may have missed it. What i find weird is that I didnt get chat restricted first, went straight into Ranked Restriction + Chat Restriction. Why?

Bump for reply

SHAUWN

10-10-2014

Quote:
Humpelstilzche:
Only the worst of them will not get a rewad.

You need to win, because Riot does not want the normal games to be trolled or surrendered early. Basically it's supposed to feel like "ranked light". It's not just a punishment, it's also behavior training.

Don't you think that it could be a bit lighter for the 1st Ranked Restriction? Like 10 or 15 wins in the Draft mode.

van vivas

10-10-2014

What does a guy have to do to get a reply?

Cobaltmotari

10-10-2014

From who? If you mean Riot, you're out of luck here. Riot don't read or post in this part of the forum. You'd want the support desk for that kind of thing.

ProSanti82

10-10-2014

Does this ban thing last untill season 4 aswell? Cuz then this game is out of my life. Draft mode is such a pain and i just got reported by our neverending flaming botlane for "refusing to communicate" which is kind of tough when u have chat ban -_-

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

10-10-2014

@SHAUWN: It could, of course. But should it? It's actually a method to help people improve their behavior before the tribunal comes back. This could even be consideres as "nice". Still a harsh punishment of course, but useful for both sides.

@ProSanti82:
If you mean season 5...yeah, most likely. Ranked restrictions are here to stay, they are just a new form of teaching people good behavior.

You dont get any kind of punishment for "refusing to communicate"-reports by the way....

LeagueTroll

Recruiter

10-10-2014

Well, as a senior emissary Humpelstilzche stated, then the change of season should have nothing to do with the removal of ranked restrictions, meaning that they last until you play those games.

Quote:
How can I know why was I Banned? Is there a place I can consult my case?

As far as this goes I'd really love to see why I got banned aswell, but I believe that riot just won't publish this information, for whatever reasons they are.

Quote:
P.S. I think i didnt receive warning for Ranked Restriction but i may have missed it. What i find weird is that I didnt get chat restricted first, went straight into Ranked Restriction + Chat Restriction. Why?

This is also very strange, my first(and last before this chat restriction + ranked restriction) chat resriction was over a few months ago. Absolutely NO recent warnings about my behavior, and suddenly you wake up into a 80-game chat restriction and 38-game ranked restriction.

Clearly this is one of the first public tests of this new sort of restriction(ranked restriction). What really makes me wonder is how Riot tested this restriction on PBE previously. In the official PBE board post(link : http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.co...-restrictions) (http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/air-client-new-features-feedback/FrvfuOlF-ranked-restrictions)), it says :

Quote:
Since this is a test, we’re looking for volunteers to be Chat and Ranked restricted on PBE.

Did they not at all take into account, that people who actually have something at stake in ranked games(e.g reaching a certain division) might be a lot more agitated over this?I believe that every volunteer that tried the restriction on PBE didn't care much for their account/ranked status on PBE. However, regular people, that now get ranked restriction on normal servers, actually have a goal to reach, and can't be doing this while you have to WIN about 38 normal draft games. This really concerns me.

On the bright side, I have won 10 normal draft games in a row today(seems like a fine day to me) and the players I have met are clearly from much higher divisions(gold/plat/dia), which means that there is actually a lot more competition in normal draft games now, because both side has atleast 2-3 players with ranked restriction, who must win that game. Not at all saying that this softens the hard blow of winning 38 normal draft games.

To me, normal draft games are a rehab facility now, nothing more. Really brings the quality of that queue down to players who actually want to enjoy a normal draft game, because A LOT of players are chat and/or ranked restriced there(meaning that they usually are flamers, if they dont choose to better themselves), so they just won't have a good time in that queue anymore.

LeagueTroll

Recruiter

10-10-2014

Humpelstilzche, could you mind answering/finding answers for us to 2 of these crucial questions :

1)How can I know why was I Banned? Is there a place I can consult my case?

2)I think i didnt receive warning for Ranked Restriction but i may have missed it. What i find weird is that I didnt get chat restricted first, went straight into Ranked Restriction + Chat Restriction. Why?

My last chat restriction was over many months ago .. how is this possible?

cronotwix

10-10-2014

this is my first post ever on this forum i think.
i also have 80 games chat restriction and 38 games ranked restriction. i can live with the 80 game chat restriction but im never never NEVER gonna play normal drafted pick. NEVER. when i did this in the past it was an accident while trying to play ranked or blind pick normal. i play drafted because its a requirement for fair picks in ranked games, and thats acceptable. but hell no. i might be quitting this game for good because of this.
i do alot of trashtalk in arams, thats why i get most of my reports. i never flame or blame anyone in rankeds, so i dont see the connection here.

80 games chat restriction, good. give me 100. give me more. but i will never ever play normal drafted pick.
this is my first season playing ranked and i have gone from zero to gold III and might even have gotten to gold I and spent alot of time practicing and playing. its not meant to be a threat, cause i know nobody would really care but if i dont get my hard-earned rewards i might leave this game...

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

10-11-2014

Quote:
LeagueTroll:
Humpelstilzche, could you mind answering/finding answers for us to 2 of these crucial questions :

1)How can I know why was I Banned? Is there a place I can consult my case?

2)I think i didnt receive warning for Ranked Restriction but i may have missed it. What i find weird is that I didnt get chat restricted first, went straight into Ranked Restriction + Chat Restriction. Why?

My last chat restriction was over many months ago .. how is this possible?

1) I guess there isn't.
2) I don't know how exactly the new CRs+RRs were handed out. I guess Riot just chose the "worst X%", but i don't know it.