Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Restrictions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProSanti82

10-10-2014

Hey dude!
I just read u post and i can only say that i totally get u man, i just got home and noticed i had the exact same bans. I don't get why we get a restriction of 38 games without some kind of warning first. Imo it would have been better with a 15 game ban, and then some kind of warning of further harassment. Like if u keep flaming it means more game bans or something like that..

- sorry for bad english.

LeagueTroll

Recruiter

10-10-2014

Quote:
ProSanti82:
Hey dude!
I just read u post and i can only say that i totally get u man, i just got home and noticed i had the exact same bans. I don't get why we get a restriction of 38 games without some kind of warning first. Imo it would have been better with a 15 game ban, and then some kind of warning of further harassment. Like if u keep flaming it means more game bans or something like that..

- sorry for bad english.

Exactly man, no serious warning, just suddenly one morning you wake up into a 38-game ranked restriction, this is ridiculous and I feel like they have gone too far with the amount of players given this kind of restriction.

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

10-10-2014

Quote:
LeagueTroll:
Exactly man, no serious warning, just suddenly one morning you wake up into a 38-game ranked restriction, this is ridiculous and I feel like they have gone too far with the amount of players given this kind of restriction.

You mean except for the chat retrictions you got before and except the announcement over 2 weaks ago?

Btw, just so we wont have the same situation in a few months: This RR is supposed to be a warning for the perma ban. You are warned now.

ProSanti82

10-10-2014

The chat thing was at the same time as the game ban, but i feel like they exagerated the game ban. I mean 38 games without any kind of warning? I don't even feel like playing anymore this season. Draft mode is such a pain to play with people who trolls and flame (worse than ranked actually..)

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

10-10-2014

Like i said: There was a warning...even more than one!

SHAUWN

10-10-2014

Quote:
Humpelstilzche:
Like i said: There was a warning...even more than one!

Hey Humpelstilzche, thank you for answering our questions and hear us up.

I got no warning that i was going to get Ranked Restricted, what i did get was a 30 game chat restriction when one day i went over the board and i was totally fine with it because i knew that i deserved it, when i finished those 30 games they went up to 100.. i don't know why but still, Chat Restrictions would be "ok" because i would forgett the stupid mistakes that i watch people doing and just ping like i do now.

I actually did improve my attitude after those 30 games and today i logged league and saw a Ranked Restriction, isn't it too severe to start with?

I mean i would understand a 10 or 15 Restriction even without a warning but 38? And you need to WIN.

Last but not least you said that a 38 game restriction is a warning to a perma ban right? Will these people that get a 38 ranked game restriction and end it before November 11 be unable to get season rewards?

SHAUWN

10-10-2014

bump

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

10-10-2014

Quote:
SHAUWN:

Last but not least you said that a 38 game restriction is a warning to a perma ban right? Will these people that get a 38 ranked game restriction and end it before November 11 be unable to get season rewards?

Only the worst of them will not get a rewad.

Quote:
And you need to WIN.

You need to win, because Riot does not want the normal games to be trolled or surrendered early. Basically it's supposed to feel like "ranked light". It's not just a punishment, it's also behavior training.

van vivas

10-10-2014

How can I know why was I Banned? Is there a place I can consult my case? I know I flamed hard a dude that trolled on champ select and i had to prepare to go bot 1v2 but then in game he decided to come my lane even though I didnt had runes items summoner spells nor champ to duo lane. After he came to my lane he started trollin me in game also (i was shen he was annie) so i went ape sh it on him. Mainly because it was one of my first games after gettin promoted to gold and also because i was gettin bad games before that one.
I don't usually get chat restricted so I feel its too much to get the Ranked ban. And 38 games seems to harsh but ok.

P.S. I think i didnt receive warning for Ranked Restriction but i may have missed it. What i find weird is that I didnt get chat restricted first, went straight into Ranked Restriction + Chat Restriction. Why?

CoolKnightST

10-10-2014

I think I start to understand why some people complain on the system. In theory it's an really good solution for active players that play daily. They should get this number in an relative good amount of time. However it seems to be an verry negative system for players that let's say only play 1 or 2 games every week the punishment is an lot higher. Often these players aren't even aware how toxic the behavior is in chat but they need more time to learn their mistakes. On that point banning them forever on ranked isn't the solution. And often they will just quit the game or make an new account. Even the players that are actively playing it. Their seem to be an issue. One of my friends was an realtive toxic player and finaly got the punishment. He was totaly supported on the system and found his behavior improved until the ranked bans came out. So far I didn't see him play ones this week. He doesn't even want to play normals anymore because yeah. You play normal to have fun & to pratice for ranked. Ones the one is out. You don't want to play the other.

I think I have an better solution for system. Tell me what you think about it:

Ones chat restriction apear on an user account the following thing get activated:

• Ranked Ban
  • Ranked Restrictions

Ranked Ban
The ranked ban time apears on the moment an player get chat restrictions. The first time they get chat restrictions they get an 7 days ban. If they don't improve their behavior they will an 3 days ban, than again 3 days. And finaly on the 4th time 7 days. After that the amount will dubble until 28 days. After that it's an permament ban until the chat restrictions are disapear. This will mean their ranked ban will automaticly expires if they don't have chat restrictions anymore.
  1. 7 days ranked ban (until chat restriction has ended)
  2. 3 days ranked ban (until chat restriction has ended)
  3. 3 days ranked ban (until chat restriction has ended)
  4. 7 days ranked ban (until chat restriction has ended)
  5. 14 days ranked ban (until chat restriction has ended)
  6. 28 days ranked ban (until chat restriction has ended)
  7. Perma ranked ban (until chat restriction has ended)

Ranked Restrictions
In order to play an ranked game they have to win 3 normal games in order to play 1 ranked game. When they arrive to this game they get an so like second chance to improve their behavior and they won't have an chat restriction while playing this game. The normal games to unlock an ranked will not count if they player is currently banned for ranked.

---------

For example an player recieve an chat restriction for 30 games. On that moment he's banned for ranked for an week while still be able to play normal games. You could call this week the zen week because he has team to adjust his behavior and work on reducing the amount of chat restrictions he has. After that week he's able to play 1 ranked game if he wins 3 normal games. This continues until his chat restrictions has ended. If he than get's let's say 35 chat restrictions his behavior isn't improved and automaticly will get an 3 days ranked ban. However if he get's let's say 20 games his behavior is improved and he won't recieve an ranked ban. And the circle continues.

I think this system would work better since you reward the player to improve his behavior towards an ranked game he has to work for. While toxic players won't improve and eventually will get that perma ranked ban. The reason I add 2 times 3 days in the line is because chat restriction can have an hugh delay and certain players won't directly see that their behavior is improved.

What do you think?