Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Restrictions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeagueTroll

Recruiter

10-10-2014

Hey guys,

So, today, I discovered I have been banned from ranked for 38 games and my chat is restricted for 80 games.Not at all saying I don't deserve that chat restriction, I really do, but how much has Riot really considered the ranked restriction? My main point here is related to dodging the normal draft game queue, it doesn't lose you anything more than 5 minutes, which makes nobody reconsider before dodging(I've been in draft game queue for 15 minutes right now just because people keep dodging). Furthermore, you actually have to WIN these 38 games to be eligible to play in ranked again, I really fail to see any connection between my verbal abuse and my ranked eligibility. The season will end in about a month, and if I can't win 38 draft games within that time then I just can't reach my diamond anymore? I bet this is an issue to A LOT of people .. Winning isn't always up to us, since this really is a TEAM game, so how can Riot decide that we are eligible to play ranked again after we have somehow by miracle won that certain amount of draft games.

EDIT : In regardness of actually making this post useful, I suggest Riot to look through this issue again, I propose either giving more sever consequences to people who dodge normal draft games or removing the fact that you have to WIN that certain amount of games. I have learned from my mistakes already, and will improve behavior even with the chat restriction, but it really seems non-sense to cancel us from reaching our goals this season just because of (not behaving?)..

EDIT 2(More ideas on this subject) :

Clearly this is one of the first public tests of this new sort of restriction(ranked restriction). What really makes me wonder is how Riot tested this restriction on PBE previously. In the official PBE board post it says :

Quote:
Since this is a test, we’re looking for volunteers to be Chat and Ranked restricted on PBE.

Did they not at all take into account, that people who actually have something at stake in ranked games(e.g reaching a certain division) might be a lot more agitated over this?I believe that every volunteer that tried the restriction on PBE didn't care much for their account/ranked status on PBE. However, regular people, that now get ranked restriction on normal servers, actually have a goal to reach, and can't be doing this while you have to WIN about 38 normal draft games. This really concerns me.

On the bright side, I have won 10 normal draft games in a row today(seems like a fine day to me) and the players I have met are clearly from much higher divisions(gold/plat/dia), which means that there is actually a lot more competition in normal draft games now, because both side has atleast 2-3 players with ranked restriction, who must win that game. Not at all saying that this softens the hard blow of winning 38 normal draft games.

To me, normal draft games are a rehab facility now, nothing more. Really brings the quality of that queue down to players who actually want to enjoy a normal draft game, because A LOT of players are chat and/or ranked restricted there(meaning that they usually are flamers, if they dont choose to better themselves), so they just won't have a good time in that queue anymore.

EDIT 3(Quick Q&A on this subject, based solely on the information I have gathered from this forum) :

Q: Will the restriction last until Season 5?
A: Yes, it will last until you play the amount of games you are given.

Q: Will I be left out of the season rewards, now that I have a ranked restriction?
A: Not necessarily, as Riot stated, then only the WORST cases of toxicity will be given no rewards. This is up to yourself to worry about whether you are or aren't a worst case scenario.

Q:Now that I have a ranked restriction, am I close to getting permanently banned?
A: Again, this does not necessarily mean that. As Riot stated then if you fail your evaluation after completing the amount of given normal draft games to win, you will be put under a new(and possibly longer) ranked restriction. I believe that you will definitely have smaller bans(e.g 1 week/2 weeks) before a perma-ban(an opinion, based on some experience)

Still looking for answers(reliable ones) to 2 of these questions :

Q: How can I know what I was restricted from ranked for?Is there a place I can consult my case?
A: So far I can say that no, there is no place you can consult your case.

Q: Why wasn't I given a recent warning about my behavior and was instantly put under a huge amount of chat/ranked restriction?
A: So far I can say that the announcement and/or prior chat restrictions is the only warning we got and will ever get.

Links to important posts :

1)Riot official post about testing the ranked restrictions on NA and EU(with Q&A inside) : http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co....php?t=1915740 (http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1915740)

2)Riot official PBE forum post about the ranked restriction testing : http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.co...d-restrictions (http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/air-client-new-features-feedback/FrvfuOlF-ranked-restrictions)

3)A reddit post on the faults of ranked restriction : http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ft_normals_in/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2iwnfl/ranked_restrictions_have_turned_draft_normals_in/)

Hope this helps

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

10-10-2014

Quote:
how much has Riot really considered the ranked restriction?

Several years.

Quote:
My main point here is related to dodging the normal draft game queue, it doesn't lose you anything more than 5 minutes

If dodging becomes a major problem in normals (I never experienced this btw), Riot will surely do sth about it.

Quote:
Furthermore, you actually have to WIN these 38 games to be eligible to play in ranked again, I really fail to see any connection between my verbal abuse and my ranked eligibility.

You have to actually win them, so can't just "play them off" and surrender@20 every time to do it as fast as possible.
And the connection between your social behavior and ranked is, that ranked is not only about performance/skill, but also about sportsmanship. People who are not sportsmen, are not allowed to participate in the real competition. Thats pretty much like every other sport handles this.

Quote:
The season will end in about a month, and if I can't win 38 draft games within that time then I just can't reach my diamond anymore?

Propably. Punishments hurt sometimes, that's intended. But i am sure you can also live a happy life without reaching diamond this season.

Quote:
Most reports come from non-sense like not ganking a lane which is completely ridiculous.

Thats exactly why there are several systems filtering and analyzing these reports. Random reports can not harm you.

LeagueTroll

Recruiter

10-10-2014

I certainly agree to most of your visuals on this subject, sir Humpelstilzche.

However,

Quote:
You have to actually win them, so can't just "play them off" and surrender@20 every time to do it as fast as possible.
And the connection between your social behavior and ranked is, that ranked is not only about performance/skill, but also about sportsmanship. People who are not sportsmen, are not allowed to participate in the real competition. Thats pretty much like every other sport handles this.

It's really really hard to win normal draft games, with people trolling around, who don't have RR, they have nothing at stake there.. how are we really supposed to get through this without it having a negative impact on how we see LoL? Sportsmanship should come #1 to ranked games and I've always tried my best for it, I praise people when they do good, I really tell them that they did great and to keep it up.Sometimes, people have bad days, not saying you should take them to LoL, but still, in those cases you let out a certain increase in your constructive criticism. This is then judged by the Tribunal, which consists of playes just like any other. If they too see it as flaming instead of constructive criticism, then we are just stuck wondering what can we actually say in ranked games without it affecting the fact that can we play more next game.

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

10-10-2014

Tribunal is not active anymore and when it was, it was exceptionally reliable and had several systems protecting it from random judgement (but it was slow, that's why it was deacitived 10 months ago).

And you seem to think every normal player does not want to win and is basically a troll. This is actually quite insulting. I am a normal-player too and millions of others players who also want to win play normals too.

LeagueTroll

Recruiter

10-10-2014

Quote:
Humpelstilzche:
Tribunal is not active anymore and when it was, it was exceptionally reliable and had several systems protecting it from random judgement (but it was slow, that's why it was deacitived 10 months ago).

And you seem to think every normal player does not want to win and is basically a troll. This is actually quite insulting. I am a normal-player too and millions of others players who also want to win play normals too.

Yet there are also a huge amount of players, who do enjoy giving others a hard time.

Jehofi

10-10-2014

Quote:
LeagueTroll:
Yet there are also a huge amount of players, who do enjoy giving others a hard time.

Really, then i must be quite lucky i seldom see any of them. Most negativity i see comes from flamers.

LeagueTroll

Recruiter

10-10-2014

Quote:
Jehofi:
Really, then i must be quite lucky i seldom see any of them. Most negativity i see comes from flamers.

You clearly are

GangrelCat

10-10-2014

Riot does nothing without first thinking it through, then setting up a detailed plan, then testing it on a small scale, before initiating it as a large scale test (which is what this is).
Only dodging the que the first time gives a 6 minute penalty (in normal), from the second time onwards it's 15 minutes. It's more likely that it's because of the time of day that the queus are longer.
Verbal abuse inevitably leads to a lower win chance.
It is kind of the point of a punishment to have a negative effect, it wouldn't have been an issue if you had chosen to behave. But, I do agree that Riot could have communicated it a litle better.
Winning games isn't a miracle, don't try to play the victim by making it out to be worse then it is, in each game there is one team who wins.
If you didn't have to win the games people would simply make premade teams of rank baned players and let the enemy team win as fast as possible, for instance.
Your own actions gets you punished, reports merely gets you noticed.

SHAUWN

10-10-2014

I have the exact same problem, even tho i do admit i went over the board one day because i was really annoyed and everytime i saw something stupid i would say like "that was retarded".

I'm currently in my Platinum promos but since i can't play rankeds i gotta win 38 Draft mode Games to play them and 100 to break the chat restriction.

For myself the Chat restriction actually benefits alot because if i'm chat restricted simply don't say anything when i see anything stupid and mostly communicate by pings but privating me from playing Ranked Games which is the only reason i log the game for makes me sad.

Anyway if anyone wants to add me so we can queue together and win those 38 games really quick i'm here I will have a free weekend to watch Worlds and grind it because i know i didn't act properly and i want to receive my season rewards.

Cheers!

iTz a Mistake

10-10-2014

I have the same thing, OK I speak a bit too much sometimes ... BUT 38 games in DRAFT ?! AND ! I can't even duoQ ?! Hummm ....