Top Tier Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

homokejser

20-07-2010

Hello, I am a newb.

And I'd like to know if all champions are supposedly equal, or some would be wiser to invest time/energy in trying to main.

So, what champions are Top Tier, and which ones are not? Please make a list if possible.

Sorry for my question, please don't flame, and thanks for any answers.

D1am0ndback

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-07-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=109533

This could help you abit. This is US champion tier list.

Sazabi

20-07-2010

tier 1 - xin zhao

tier 2 - everything else

tier 3 - evelynn

Jimmu

20-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz Tier List
Tier 1: Kayle, Heimerdinger, Shaco, Soraka, Shen, Ezreal.
Tier 2: Sion, Annie, Taric, Amumu, Udyr, Janna, Morgana, Nasus, Warwick, Tristana, Alistar, Katarina, Garen, Ashe, Sivir, Xin Zhao, Poppy, Zilean,
Tier 3: Twitch, Anivia, Pantheon, Jax, Akali, Gragas, Nunu, Yi, Singed, Nidalee, Fiddlesticks, Rammus, Twisted Fate, Gangplank, Veigar, Corki.
Tier 4: Ryze, Mordekaiser, Kassadin, Malphite, Karthus, Blitzcrank, Olaf.
Hard to place on a team: Kennen, Eve, Teemo, Malhazar, Kog'Maw, Tyndamere, Cho'Gath, Mundo
I really have to disagree with some champs.
1. The original list was a real disaster, Elementz suggested Tryndamere to be tier 1! xD roflmao
2. It didn't have ANY tank on tier 1. Now it has Shen. Which is the greatest, after heavy nerfs on Alistar. OK, Shen was nerfed not too long ago too.
3. Xin Zhao is ONLY tier 2? HOW? Best initiator in the game, and has ALL 4 useful skills. Hell, AP Sion is on same tier and he only uses 2 of his skills mostly -_-
4. Karthus on Tier 4... what the ff... Has damage aura, armor and magic resistance reduction, can participate in teamfight even after his own death... And the Lay Waste, did I mention it already? You are not safe even hugging the turret, range is that HUGE.

Ok, now I have to go sleep lol.

Yokatama

20-07-2010

Garen on tier 2? That's news to me. Anyone care to explain? You can find it written all over the web, that he is next to useless in teamfights and becomes weaker and weaker as the game progresses, being forced in to tank builds with no real damage output (compared to real carries) nor any tank utility aside silence.

What I am getting wrong?

Jonasy

20-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmu View Post
I really have to disagree with some champs.
1. The original list was a real disaster, Elementz suggested Tryndamere to be tier 1! xD roflmao
2. It didn't have ANY tank on tier 1. Now it has Shen. Which is the greatest, after heavy nerfs on Alistar. OK, Shen was nerfed not too long ago too.
3. Xin Zhao is ONLY tier 2? HOW? Best initiator in the game, and has ALL 4 useful skills. Hell, AP Sion is on same tier and he only uses 2 of his skills mostly -_-
4. Karthus on Tier 4... what the ff... Has damage aura, armor and magic resistance reduction, can participate in teamfight even after his own death... And the Lay Waste, did I mention it already? You are not safe even hugging the turret, range is that HUGE.

Ok, now I have to go sleep lol.
errrr, after trynda got his ulti changed he became one of the strongest melee champ and even after the cleanse nerf he is still very much viable to wtfbbq whole enemy team Maybe you really should go sleep and let the big boys do the listing

Rancord

20-07-2010

With the appearance of draft, and hopefully a swap mechanism soon, Top tier would be by my information the first picks:

So if there would be no ban, wich hero you would absolutly secure for your team.

I think definatly Shen. Im so unsure if I would pick a Soraka/Taric/Shaco first, but shen for sure.

xozeneguerPT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-07-2010

tiers matter for high-elo only imo, play this game for fun, play with who you like to, i dont care about this tier list since im having fun and winning some games.

Ironmke

26-07-2010

Tier might not be most important in low to mid elo but it gives a good idea weither a champ is good. Imo most champs could be played good. But having a support champ and a good tank in your team means a lot.
Shen's multi taunt + Soraka heals = gg

Cyony

26-07-2010

my personal top 10 ( with the ten not realy rated)

1. Morgana
2. Ammumu
3. Taric
4. Shaco ( if jungling)
5. Heimerdinger
6. Ashe
7. Ezreal
8. Shen
9. Annie
10. Soraka

11( not sure about this one yet) : Xin zhao.
i put this one here, because he is not yet balanced. So before he is actualy balanced( in a certain degree), he cannot be placed on a tier list

like i said its not a ranking, its just the 10(11) champions i fear most opposing.