Getting paid from streaming?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tosky94

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

So HotShotGG and Bigfatjiji live they're entire life on pc streaming.. how they can live from that.. I mean do you get so much money from streaming?
They even wake up at 1-2 P.M. and stream for 16 hours..(that mean they dont have any jobs)
So how they live from that?
I hope fanboys will not troll me for this thread...

Kerp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

They take breaks so, i dont really know how much they get.
I think, it depends on the clicks they earn as there is an advertisment on the streams.

Tournys are giving away a lot of money also i dont know if they ever participated there.

Spacehaze

09-05-2011

Thats seriously sad man, never going out? no womens to pleasure? no chillin with friends? I rather feel sorry for those people, if this is true.

RoastPork

09-05-2011

You can get about $0.002 Per Unique click per day. This is due to advertisment.

So if you have 1000 people check your livestream per day, every day, so 7000 clicks per week, you can earn $14 from it.

This is of course if you have banners with advertisment. Then also you have the advertisment for 30s before the live stream loads, so another $0.002 for each one of them which loads.

So you could potentionally earn about $0.004~0.006 per unique click per day.

EDIT:

I am guessing they get at least 10,000 unique hits per day, so just from people visiting, and the advertisments loading, a possible $20+ per day just from people visiting their livestream.

EDIT: To all you people saying "Its sad living", I agree but disagree. Its "Easy" living. Income is income. I personally like to graft to earn my money, and i earn alot more then $20 per day. But if you can live on $20 per day, why not sit on your ass and get paid for playing a game. however i could never do this, it personally would take the "fun" out of the game, if im forced to play it all day every day to make a living.

SneezingPandaGG

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacehaze View Post
Thats seriously sad man, never going out? no womens to pleasure? no chillin with friends? I rather feel sorry for those people, if this is true.
Every human being has its own lifestyle.

Tosky94

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacehaze View Post
This is true mate... When US is getting updates and the server is down they play another game or go to EU SERVER

OzeeSF

09-05-2011

Well they earn money with advertisment? And they win tourneys so they earn alot of money with that.

Pruton

Master Recruiter

09-05-2011

Social security or parents, LoL tournaments do not give enough money to live on until the next tourney starts

SneezingPandaGG

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurrahz View Post
Social security or parents, LoL tournaments do not give enough money to live on until the next tourney starts
I don't think parents would support something like living from playing games, I know from my situation, I was captain of our national F.E.A.R. Combat team, member of national Trackmania team and few more games and I just didn't get along with my parents. I moved out, stopped playing games so much after some time and I'm having average/close to good life atm.

Spacehaze

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdiBey the VIII View Post
Every human being has its own lifestyle.
and sitting behind your computer all day is utter fail and all noobs who feel offended vote me down

So you want to be lockedup in your room 24/7 ? thats just sad, sad and sad

you'll achieve nothing in real life

12345 ... 8