Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bots in pvp mode!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westahx

09-28-2014

I got an idea to level my account by playing dominion (it just seems like a fun option) and I got frustrated as hell just by playing few games of dominion. In case no one noticed yet, in every normal (pvp) dominion game there's like at least 2 bots. People use programs to level their accounts and then sell them is totally awesome when those same bots loose you every single game because you technically play at least 4v5, sometimes 3v5 and I actually had a game where I had 4 bots on my team vs 5 players!!! It's just not fun, Riot should look into this problem, 1. it's illegal 2. it ruins all the fun of the dominion.
"But, but how do you know they are bots?" - They act really really strange, they buy retarded items like 3x boots of speed and there is no way someone can have 0/15/0, even if you suck hard you will still get some assists or even a kill.

PPG Pintarola

Recruiter

10-05-2014

U know, low level Beginers dont really know how to play and build moba games..

audigex

10-09-2014

I don't believe that at all - I've seen a lot of bad players, but nothing like the consistent bad gameplay style I've just seen. I actually came to the forum to mention my suspicion of bots in the game and found this thread.

Explain this, then.

I'm not bad with Lucian, but I typically do "okay" or "slightly well" - I never go 15/0/2, and the nature of Dominion is that it's virtually impossible to remain full HP, or to absolutely dominate a game like this. My typical bad game is 2/9/5, normally around 6/7/4 and a good game I'll go 7/3/8 or similar.

But this game... wow. At first I thought I just caught Zilean at game start, with him alt-tabbing out or something and me ambushing him, because I had him nearly dead before he even used an ability. Then it happened again. And to Gragas, and Xin, and Veigar, and Renekton. Repeatedly. And I'll say it again, I'm REALLY not a great Lucian player. Especially since, as you can see, I went 15/0/2 using only a Vampiric Sceptre, boots, 5 health pots and 2 mana pots.

First, look at their items - most newbies don't even think to buy boots, never mind two pairs of Sorcerers shoes or two Zeals. One person may VERY occasionally re-buy an item by accident, or get two Doran's or some other "efficient if it's all you can afford when you go back" items... but TWO Gragas with double Sorc Shoes, and TWO Xin Zhao's with double Zeal?

Most of these players would just run blindly towards a turret/platform, waiting for me to kill them - and I mean literally waiting for me to kill them. I'd walk up and kill them without them attempting to fight back or run away. Occasionally one would turn and use a single ability on me, but at all times it felt like I was fighting a basic AI - I've made game AI's, I know how they "feel", and these felt like that "just getting it working" first build.

The bots (and I'm 100% certain they are bots) would occasionally stop and fight each other, but with no real "enthusiasm"

One player, maybe that's a newbie... but to see 5 of the enemy team do it and two of mine (Pantheon seemed human, Ahri I wasn't quite sure). And the complete lack of pings from the others, no communication at all, no teamwork or moving towards a fight, was completely and utterly at odds with all my experience of LoL players. They weren't even in a pre-made, so there's no question of "Maybe they were trolling" or newbs together.

I'm level 26, so although I still see plenty of crappy players, and occasional no-hope newbies (especially when they're in a pre-made) I've never seen anything resembling this in any game mode. I wonder if they are always there but the fact it's late at night and Dominion is relatively unpopular atm (since the variation of it disappeared), means I've just seen several in one game.

Picture of game results (http://i.imgur.com/t3kbbyK.png)

Sylian

Recruiter

10-10-2014

There are bots in low level Dominion, unfortunately. It seems to be worse on NA, but EUW still has problems with it. All we can do is report and hope that Riot finds a solution eventually.

Kurbeh

10-11-2014

I can confirm.
Even on level 20 and so on, this still happens.

Rito pls. I had 7 bots in my last game on my second account, and that was level 18...

Sieben Booya

10-15-2014

This problem is especially apparent when you decide to play a AI game on Dominion map in order to get a quick first win of the day. There is not one single game I played for this over the last couple of days where I dont end up with atleast 2, sometimes 3 people on my team, that behave even worse than the actual bots on the enemy team. They buy weird items, run to the points without actually capturing them (you know, right clicking on them and stuff), dont fight or attack the enemy bots. It is a real pain in the a**

Soliypops

10-20-2014

+1 to this the bots just camp the Towers and go for towers that aren't capped

QzQ

10-21-2014

Quote:
audigex:
Especially since, as you can see, I went 15/0/2 using only a Vampiric Sceptre, boots, 5 health pots and 2 mana pots.

OMG! Go play ranked tryharder! Dont ruin fun mode!

ChiTenshi

10-22-2014

I posted a discussion of this on PBE, hopefully it will get noticed.

Saürön

10-24-2014

1. You are much more likely to face bots when matchmaking would take long to find you a game. (untill some point)
2. Above is much more likely to happen during the night.
3. Bots:
a) divide in 2 types (1. boots 2, ghost heal, will focus a target) (2. boots 2, ghost heal, will react only to sustain the game by caping from time to time, thats only 7min+ ip gain oriented). Second type of bots is the worst and I'm not sure if those aren't made by the game. Riot won't respond to this topic in a support ticket in any way sadly.
b) xin, ryze, annie, ww can carry as bots vs weak players (type 1. of bots ofc)
c) bots still use mmr to be matched with you, easiest way, win all your games to get away from them faster (below lvl 20)
d) don't use masteries or runes (at least types 2 bots)
4. Beware! Gragas bot can prevent you from capping because he's so fat! Imagine you scored a quadra under enemy tower with fatman afking in the middle, instatnt reaction is to cap since you are like 50hp.. DENIED, fatman too fat, neither caps nor cares <3 = killed by fat

Add me (Saürön) for non bot games, lvl 11 atm, no bots guaranteed (tho long queue)