Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

About "good" and "bad" champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IINoRestII

05-07-2011

Ive been seeing a lot of talk about champions being bad, champions being too good, etc etc.
I just want to say, im not a high elo player myself but, I think people should take a moment before calling a champion UP or OP.
And even then, its different from being "bad".
There can be "good" ezreals, kayles, etc.
They might still be underpowered, compared to other champions, but that is up to riot to decide. And if a champion is really UP he WILL get buffed eventually.
But actually seeing people cursing & crying at champion select makes me wonder.
Have all these people tried these champs for so long, that they have the wisdom & expirience to deem them "worthless"?Cause IMO most of them either tried and failed or c/p what they saw on the forums.
Again, im not going at the "every champ is balanced" thing or "dont rage at champion select".
I rarely visit the forums but this once I just want to say this:
Its never the champion, its ALWAYS the summoner. Always. A good summoner>a good champion.
And yes, there are champions that might need slight improvement. Im not talking about getting them to 1900 elo and pwning faces - which itself isnt really the point. People QQ about champions not being viable at high elo - but how many of them are high elo themselves?
If a champ is , in your opinion, that underpowered -which he might be- take the time to post in the champion feedback/general forums instead of rage and/or dismiss any user you see picking "bad" champions.

And yes fyi, I do occasionaly use Morde, Kayle, Ezreal. As I use champions deemed "OP". Im not ragging, im trying to make people think twice about some things that nowadays are taken for granted.

(off - topic: I do believe Ez needs a buff :P:P:P)

DrHax1

05-07-2011

This thread was made because of me lol. BTW nothing wrong with playing any champion for fun but you have to accept some champions are lacking. People play morde etc and think they are not giving thier team a disadvantage, which they are.

Zaldrohir

05-07-2011

Strictly speaking a champ cán be OP or UP, they can be just that. However, currently none of them are. Those deemed UP have hard-to-use skills or need to wait a long while before they can start influencing the match. I've stated a few times now that I deem Panth, Kayle and Twitch to be these chars.

But you're right, in the end it's the player who makes or breaks the champion. If the player can adapt to the champ's cons and make the pros stand out really well, the player is capable of handling the champ.

PS: My toe cramped up, agony agony agony.

Mex Rippa

05-07-2011

I'm loading a game up as roaming eve
first thing everyone said in the lobby was: roaming eve sucks
lol'd

IINoRestII

05-07-2011

DrHax1, you were just the icing on the cake dude xD

@Zaldorihir.. I didnt really get the toe joek :S

Strictly speeking a game with so many different champions & items can never be truly balanced.
This is all generalized as to what we perceive as "balanced" play.
or..something.

Pouthenas

05-07-2011

You are totally correct.Although I must say,gankplank is the worst thing that can happen to a team right now.....

PRETTYCOOLGUY

05-07-2011

tankplank is actually more viable then lets say twich or rumble

Brother Moose

05-07-2011

Its more about skill, strategy and playstyle than it is about what is an op/up champion from what I've seen so far. I've tried Master Yi and failed badly, but fare better with Alistar because he fits my playstyle better

Imo its common sense that some champs are not made to be able to kill a certain type, but fare way better against certain other champs. Havent seen a champ so far that didnt have an achillesheel another type of champ could exploit.
Now i'm a noob still in this particular game but a vet from eq2 pvp. But I like what i've seen so far

Zaldrohir

05-07-2011

Quote:
IINoRestII:

@Zaldorihir.. I didnt really get the toe joek :S

Joke? My toe cramped up, that hurts like hell, felt like sharing that with you ^^ Like so many people have the urge to share everything they do on places like Twitter -_-
"I'm taking a dump as we speak" "Oh, do tell me more" #takingadump

Brother Moose took
the hammer and hit the nail square on its head.

Infinity 2209

05-07-2011

Love how one day mordekaiser is getting raged at for being OP, the next day without any buffs or nerfs he's suddenly UP garbage and no one should go near with a 25 foot pole..seriously make up your mind.

There are a fair few champions I see people on my team pick and think oh Christ no..namely:

Gragas (Seriously, dealing 300 damage and missing your ultimate or letting them escape because of your ultimate is NOT helping our team in the slightest.)

Taric (Pointless..utterly pointless, build AP and all you'll do is heal a small amount and stun someone because you can't go into melee range to make use of your passive. Go as a tank and you'll be ignored completely..just play soraka..really.)