[TEMP SOLUTION] Server Status: Undefined (For University students)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dedodido

07-05-2011

Right, I've been working my socks off for a couple of hours and have finally managed to come up with a temporary solution to the Server Status: undefined problem.

This temporary solution will help you if you are on a university network that uses a web proxy to filter outgoing traffic (in my case, Lancaster), and the new RADS launcher is giving you trouble.

Step 1 - Grab the required software

1. Your Freedom
  2. Proxifier

Note that you will require an account on Your Freedom for this to work, they have a free account, and that is all you'll need.
Also, for Proxifier you'll need to get the trial version, which only lasts for 31 days. Hopefully the launcher will be fixed properly by the time that runs out.

Step 2 - Set up your freedom
Install Your Freedom and follow the set up wizard, it's relitively straight forward. When it asks you to put in some proxy settings, you need to put in the settings for your university, whatever they may be.
Eventually you'll be asked to sign in, and select the Your Freedom server you'd like to use (generally this should be the server at the top of the list).

That should be Your Freedom sorted, just leave it running in the background for now.

Step 3 - Set up Proxifier

Load up Proxifier and go to Profile --> Proxy Servers. Click "Add" on the right hand side and type "localhost" in the first box, and "1080" in the second. Select "SOCKS Version 5" and click OK, then OK again.
Now go to Profile --> Proxification Rules. Go to the right hand side of the "Default", and click to change the action to "Direct". Click OK if any warning boxes come up.
Now click "Add", name the rule something suitable, click "browse" and select the following file:
<LoL install path>\lol.launcher.exe

Click OK, then click browse again and select:
<LoL install path>\RADS\system\rads_user_kernel.exe
followed by:
<LoL install path>\RADS\projects\lol_launcher\releases\0.0.0.21 \deploy\lollauncher.exe
(This last one won't always be in "0.0.0.21", depending on future patches)

Click OK, go down to "Action", and select the proxy setting you just set up from the drop down list.

That should be proxifier set up.

Step 4 - Connect to the Your Freedom server
Go back to Your Freedom, and click the "Start Connection" button. After a few seconds you should see an open door (without an excamation mark) on the right hand side.

Step 5 - Launch the game
Now, with Proxifier and Your Freedom still running in the background, launch League of Legends. It should now show "Online", as long as the servers are actually online, and you should be able to log in as normal.
Once you're logged in, I recommend you shut down Your Freedom, since the free accounts have a time limit on how much you can use their servers each day.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I've had a chance to test it now, worked fine. Hopefully Riot will sort out the proxy settings in the mean time.

Cheersman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

Thank u mate. Works fine for me, same Uni, so I was sure it's ok. Hope that Riot will make somthing with it, cuz i don't really want to buy proxifier license for just one game.
Thanks one more time. GJ

Lvl 3 Geodude

07-05-2011

Kudos to you my friend

Me and my friend are really impressed from your work.

You just ripped ISS and Riot with a fast and stable connection.

Thank you again

Oh and btw if you play lol as good, i would enjoy playing with you

Seedy George

08-05-2011

Oh my days you legend! I'm studying at Lancaster too and have been pulling my hair out. ISS eh?
When I get home I'll test this. Thanks a lot for your fine work!

HoneyBadger1

08-05-2011

it worked yesterday, now proxifier says:
Could not connect to localhost:1080
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it.
Check your network connection and make sure that the proxy server address and port are correct.
Also the error may indicate that the proxy server is down
EDIT:
i changed the proxy server on YF and now it works

Seedy George

09-05-2011

Is there any chance you could look at how to install the game afresh using this technique? I've been having some issues with it. Adding the downloaded leagueoflegends.exe to proxifer during step 3 initiates it, but it hangs up during 'installing pando media booster'.

MoonDreamer

26-05-2011

I did all the steps, but i still can't connect to PvP.net server. Any help here, smthing i should change?

PiNk Stringas

03-07-2011

thanks man but its still same problem i do all right and i don't know what to do now

RayeS aka Wesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Stringas,

This solution was for another problem, the server is down at the moment.. They are running some tests and they should probably be up within 30 minutes now!

aGGi

01-09-2011

I spent the whole afternoon , trying to play lol at this university i just started to learn at. First i couldnt even start the game because of some http problem, idk what was that. After that , i just couldnt log in. With this guide, i can start a game, go to champ select, lock in, but just before loading screen i get an "unable to connect" error. Any ideas?