Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Ermeral, The Avenger of Demacia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xavyus

09-24-2014

Ermeral, the Avenger of Demacia

This champion has been made in memory of my friend Jacopo, who died 4 weeks ago in an accident. He had ideas for an hero with the power of thunder and vengeance. We, a little group and I, decided to sum up his ideas and make his champion possible. Hope you like it.

Primary: Midder Melee (Mid Lane)
Secondary: Fighter Melee (Top Lane)

Attack: 7/10
Defense: 5/10
Spells: 7/10
Difficulty: 8-9/10

Appearance: Ermeral wears a rugged and spoiled armor with some pieces missing, full of metal scars and war signs. A worn-out cloak follows him tied on his back, on it, the banner of Demacia barely can be seen. He uses two single handed swords to fight. He is a tall and muscled man with short tawny hair. His eyes are dark brown and has a scar that goes from his left forehead to his right cheek (right under his right eye).
His right arm is completely mechanical and crackling sounds come from electric energy surrounding it.

Splash Art: 226363
I thank Sisk's Illustrations for this art work!!!

Stats
HP = 428 (+85)
HP Regen = 5.00 (+0.7)
Armor = 22 (+3.5)
Magic Resistance = 30 (+1.25)
Attack Damage = 49 (+3.2)
Attack Speed = 0.651 (+3%)
Attack Range = 125
Movement Speed = 340

Abilities

232601 Passive “Tesla Infusion”:
Ermeral generates 10 Static charges for each skill cast, and 5 more for each unit he hits with a spell.
At 50 Static charges, Ermeral gains +20% movement speed for 2 seconds whenever he uses a skill.
At 100 Static charges, Ermeral reaches Overdrive for 5 seconds, increasing his movement speed, attack speed by 20% and the first ability he uses is empowered. Until Ermeral uses the empowered ability he has 20% more armor and magic resistance.
When Overdrive is finished, Ermeral enters Recovery Mode, loosing all his Static Charges and making him unable to generate them for the next 10 seconds.

232602 Q “Thunder Strike” :
Ermeral dashes like a thunderbolt towards a direction. If Ermeral casts "Thunder Strike" right after having cast "Static Zone" (in 1 second) and in the direction of it's area of effect, this dash becomes untargetable . Enemies hit at the end of his dash in melee range take 50/80/110/140/170 physical damage (+ 40% Attack Damage), those who stand in the middle of his dash take 50% damage less. Range: 650 (Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11)

Overdrive bonus: When in "Overdrive" state "Thunder Strike" leaves a trail of pure energy which increases the movement speed of every ally champion who walks on it by 20% of their movement speed; this bonus decades in 1,5 seconds after they walk out the trail.

235845 W “Static Zone”:
Ermeral charges one of his two swords and tosses it to a targeted location, emboding the earth it strikes with static energy. After a dilay of 0,5 sec the area of 150 radius is hit by this energy, the enemies at the center take 50/80/110/140/170 magic damage (+ 60% AP) and are rooted in place for 1 second as the electricity goes through their bodies. This effect cannot occur on the same target for the next 10 seconds. Range 850 (Cooldown: 14/12/10/8/6)

Overdrive bonus: When in "Overdrive" state "Static Zone" also slows the targets after they are rooted by 40% of their total speed for 1 second.

235846 E “Electric Blades”:
The next basic attack deals an additional 30/60/90/120/150 (+50% total ad; +30% total ap). If the target is a champion, the target will be slowed by 35% for 2 seconds. This effect cannot occur on the same target for the next 10 seconds. Range 125 (Cooldown 8/7/6/5/4 sec)

Overdrive bonus: When Ermeral is in "Overdrive" state gains a shield equal to 5% of his health that lasts for 2 sec whenever he uses "Eletric Blades" on an enemy champion.

223286 R “Magnetic Explosion”:
Ermeral creates a singularity in a zone of 300 unit radius that lasts for 2 seconds. After this delay the enemies cought inside are dragged to the center of it. When at least an enemy champion reaches the center, the singularity explodes, scattering everything away and doing 150/210/275 magic damage (+ 75% AP). The radius of the force explosion is 450. Range: 750. Costs 100 Static Charges (Cooldown: 130/120/110)
Here is how it should nearly look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN6uU5EUr3w&feature=player_detailpage

Recommended Items

Starting Items:
219137 219138 219139

Essential Items
223253 219141 219142

Offensive
223254 219145 219146

Defensive
219150 219149 219151

Consumables
219138 219147 219148

Lore:

“I will serve Demacia, no matter what the cost; should I loose my limbs or my spirit in battle” Ermeral, the Avenger of Demacia.

Ermeral comes from a modest family, he never knew his father. His mother was the bartender of a pub in the slums of Demacia, and his life, although it was not well off, continued with happiness. Every day he had to work to help his mother to pay taxes, but every night, when he came home, he was always glad to hear all the stories that her mother told about her father: a Demacian soldier who faced many dangers to protect his citizens and emerged unscathed from them. As he listened to his mother, he continued to fiddle with the only reminder that his father had left him, an amulet of Zaun; that strange object, made of brass and copper, crossed by an electric neon, always fascinated him.
Every time he heard the stories of his father he looked at the amulet, he always said to himself that he would become like him, a great soldier of Demacia. The time passed and Ermeral became a strong young man tempered by the menial jobs that, until then, he had to do to fix his mother’s financial problems; now he could have finally become what he had always dreamed of: he voluntarily entered the army of Demacia. As he entered the military academy, his teachers saw him as a child prodigy: his movements, as he handled the sword, it all seemed natural for him. Despite being derided by others for his modest origins, he proved very good at fighting. He continued his training for a couple of years, until a new war broke out against Noxus.
The period of peace was over, and soon the darkness of the war would have fallen in Valoran, but for Ermeral the war was not so bad, he saw it as a chance to embark on new adventures.
He took part in so many conflicts between Demacia and Noxus, each time demonstrating his ability and a sense of duty, making his name known. For his resourcefulness he earned promotions rapidly facing every conflict, sometimes remaining unscathed, sometimes not. He reached the peak of his military career after a great battle, in which participated the king Jarvan I. During this confrontation, Ermeral was able to defend the king from an attack that would have been fatal for him. Jarvan, later, decided to take him in his personal guard.
He followed his king in his adventures and battles protecting and serving him. His life was bounded with his king, what Jarvan thought and did was the same for him.
The terror conquered the citizens of Demacia when one day Noxus decided to launch a large-scale attack. Jarvan I and the army were ready to face the enemy, who seemed to be unstoppable. The king took his army to face the enemy and protect his citizens. Among the ranks of the Noxian army a champion was sticking up, his axe was huge and craved blood. The clash began and the two armies faced each other with ferocity. His king fought with courage and administered the troops from behind the lines. The opponent champion, with his murderous ferocity, charged through the line of defense. Ermeral decided to face him. Behind him, there was his king, in front of him there was the champion of Noxus. His great axe was covered with blood of victims who had already killed.
Ermeral had a duty to perform, and he was ready to give his life for it. The enemy charged with violence, Ermeral’s swords clashed with the axe of Noxus. But he was too strong for him, the enemy's strength was unstoppable. Soon he found himself on the ground without an arm, bleeding. He could not do more than watching his king being killed by that power.
Then he fainted. He awakened, banded, in his hometown. His king was dead; he had failed in his task. He decided to leave; he was not strong enough to protect his people. He remembered his father’s amulet; he left for Zaun, if he couldn’t won against Noxus, he would have use the same weapons of his enemy. He went in search of a legend, a scientist. He was able to find it, with the little strength he had left. The dark and mighty scientist looked at him. Ermeral decided to become a test subject of his experiments, with a promise: if such experiments had made him stronger, he would return to Demacia. The scientist agreed, he would have done anything for the evolution he was dreaming about.
Years passed, Ermeral suffered the experiments of the techmaturgist, until one day he felt the power of electricity flowing in him, he was part machine and part human, electric connectors were sustaining him: with his new strength, he would have lived for centuries. He went back to Demacia, there were no parades or festivities to welcome him, but only terrified and speechless people, only able to say a few words: "He's back, Ermeral, and he is here to avenge Demacia."

Enemies
Sion, Swain, Darius

Allies
Jarvan 4, Garen, Viktor, (Xin Zhao optional)

Emotes

Upon selection:
“I won’t stop, until Noxus will fall”

Movement:
“What guides me? Vengeance”
“Start running”
“At the speed of light”
“Electrifying!”
“The ends justify the means”
“Where are noxians be hiding?”
“Let me at them”
“Thunders don't kill people, I do”
“I don't waste my Charges on just anything”

Attacking:

“Thunder”
“You will be my next victim”
“A storm is coming.”
“Blood for blood!”
“Taste my wrath!”
“Vengeance!”
“Show them no mercy

Joke:
“My back itches” Ermeral takes hir right arm off and uses it to scratch his back

Taunt:

“No king will rule forever”
“The only good noxian is a dead noxian”
Taunting an enemy LeBlanc
"Your schemes won't stop me from killing you"
Tauting an enemy Blitzcrank
“Didn’t I meet you before, bot?”
Taunting an enemy Viktor
“You’re not the only one with a mechanical arm, Viktor!”
Taunting an enemy Sion
“You are back? Well, me too”
“You killed my king, I’ll avenge him!
Taunting an enemy Swain
“Your crow seems delicious, wanna fry it up?”
“Today your Noxus will fall”
“Here’s the crippled one, where are the others?”
Taunting an enemy Darius
“Didn’t you ever wanted a thrilling life, Darius?”

Whenever Ermeral kills an enemy Sion

“You’re not done yet, uh?”
When an enemy Jayce uses Lighting Field
“Surrounded by electricity? Let me show you”
Whenever Ermeral is stunned by Kennen’s Mark of the Storm
“It’s too much!”
Whenever Ermeral is slowed by Xerath’s Eye of Destruction

“Arcane… electricity?”

Mechanics
Ermeral ia a champion that relies on speed, map awareness and attention. He can totally change the outcome of a teamfight by using accurately his Magnetic Explosion. He is a champion highly situational, based on an hybrid play, he can cover an ad fighter role and initiate fights, or he can be an ap mage in mid.

Laning Phase: during his laning fase Ermeral has to harass his enemies with his Static Bolt and farm easily with the passive of Electric Blades. He must be very cautios on using q to attack enemies as it is his only way to initiate a fight or to escape from one. As he doesn't have a very high ad/ap ratio per level on his abilities he actually need to be played the more strategically possible in mid-late game.

Team Fights and Late Game: Ermeral in late game is a very strategic weapon, especially during team fights. His Magnetic Explosion can literally scatter every member of the enemy team, zoning enemies adc and apc from team, securing a teamfight win. In late game he has to stay with his teammates to help them initiate fights with his high teamfight strength.

Recommended Runes
As this champion can cover two different roles as ad or ap, there are two different recommended rune pages. One focused on the ad aspect and one on the ap. These were made just for sport, to actually recive your opinions about how he should be built!!!

Ad Runes
9x 219497 +0.9 Armor Penetration / +0.62 Magic Penetration
Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration
9x 219499 +1.00 armor
Greater Seal of Armor
9x 219498 +1.34 magic resist
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
3x 219500 +2.25 attack damage
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage

Ap Runes
9x 219497 +0.9 Armor Penetration / +0.62 Magic Penetration
Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration
9x 219502 +8.00 health
Greater Seal of Health
5x 219498 +1.34 magic resist
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
4x 219506 -0.83% cooldowns
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
3x 219505 +4.95 ability power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power

Recommended Masteries

AD Masteries
Offense

4x 219707 2x 219708 1x 219709
3x 219710 1x 219712
1x 219713 1x 219714
1x 219715 3x 219716
3x 219717
1x 219718

Defense

2x 219720 1x 219721 1x 219722
1x 219723 3x 219724
1x 219725

Utility

None

AP Masteries
Offense

4x 219708 1x 219709
1x 219727 3x 219728 1x 219712
1x 219713 1x 219729 1x 219730
3x 219731
2x 219717 1x 219732

Defense

2x 219720 2x 219721
1x 219723 3x 219724
1x 219725

Utility

2x 219733

This is an idea of an assassin ad hybrid counter (Example: zed-akali etc etc) You can customize as you want (I don't want to enforce you on doing an exact copy of an idea, you can change lore, stats, name, i just ask for the abilities to be the same except from the damage output and range they have, as i don't really know how much is a 1 unit value in LoL, i just based my thoughts on other champions' abilities).

I thank you for your attention, I made this champ because I really like your work and I want to help the game improving. I hope you actually read and take in consideration this suggestion.

Xavyus

mortwin12

09-24-2014

finaly a new demacian I vote on you

banana soda

Recruiter

09-24-2014

Pros: i really like the ultimate, the attraction efect is something new and interesting!.

(all just personal thougtsd comming from me!)

cons: the W seems to be the same as xeraths w?

tips: i do think you should concider increasing the static charge charging rate, at this moment it feels kind of like gnars passive, a slow charge up that enables your ultimate? if you culd make it so that you actually can charge it up during a fight i think it wuld be more unique

Xavyus

09-24-2014

i thank you for your comments and feedbacks, i'll actually think of a new w and a more increasing charging rate (for example abilities charges 15 and, if these actually hit an enemy champ the charged up is doubled)

Hope you stay tuned and help me creating this new demacian balanced champion.

Xavyus

P.S. Incoming changes (By the way I LUV YOU XD)

Xavyus

09-24-2014

W and Charges charging rate changed now, hope it's better. Let me know your opinion, i really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
Xavyus

Xavyus

09-25-2014

Changed E, giving the old passive E an active so that there's a reason to level up this ability.

Feel free to write what you think, you help me improve a lot. Thank you.

Xavyus

GiuggiaFlame

09-25-2014

Much better with the active in the E.

banana soda

Recruiter

09-25-2014

COOL W! wayb better love it! C: so fun to see that you actually concidered what i thought about him and as GuiggiaFlame said, its better with the new active on E!

(btw love that ur making it a hybrid!)

Xavyus

09-25-2014

thank you for your cooperation, going to add "Allies and Enemies" section.

Xavyus

09-26-2014

Added mechanics and behavior during game, working on builds now.