Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Frost Forge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theilander

09-18-2014

Hello Guys and Gals, this is an idea I had in my head for a while now. It relates to the weapons most of the Freljord champions and the blue hint that their spells have(most emphasised in Lissandra's Q). Please keep in mind as you read this that: all is almost pure speculation and just what I think could make a nice fit into the general LOL world, also any word, name, phrase, ect. in "" is place holder, as I'm not good with that sort of thing and if riot take this into consideration (please do :3) may need to change a lot of it to make it fit well in the lore. Enjoy

-------------------------------------

THE FROST FORGE

Imagine if you will, a place of magic forgotten by most. A place so cold and yet so powerful that even the grate Ice Witch will not tread there. An ancient city deep underground, one before the three sisters, one before the City states of today, one that is older than the great city of Shurima itself. A place that was home to perhaps the oldest magic users on Valoran. The ruined city of "Jolrsta".

During its golden age millennia ago, the city "Jolrsta" was home to the "frost hammer dwarfs", and ancient humanoid people, smaller than today's Humans that live in the city states but larger than the Yordles. Their legacy now only a cave of ruined buildings. However not all of the frost hammers have left this world, and not all of their constructions cracked and about to break. For this forgotten place is home to a source of magic unlike any other, in the deepest part of the city, beneath all of the construction bellow all of the once grand architectural designs adorned with gems and riches, lies a well of magic so powerful and unyielding that none ever even conceived venturing in it. Though the mighty dwarfs where none to be trifled by a challenge their ancestors finding this hub of power, studied it, learned from it, and constructed around it and with it. They had learned how to manipulate the magical flows of energy in a way that it would allow them to forge metals of ice and rock, and so the Frost Forge was made, and so the "Frost Smiths" where born.

Using the great power of the forge and the expertise in architecture they were able to construct the entire city all from one fable mine. Over the millennia the dwarfs had forged many a great weapons, one of which can be seen used by Ashe, the frost bow. Though their lineage stretched for a great deal of time, almost in an instant all that were not versed in the ways of the forge vanished. After this event the remaining dwarfs now calling themselves: "The Soul Hammers" Although they are few in number, they still reside in the lost city. Their leader "Skaeglod" is revered by his people for his ability to smith the strongest of metals, rumour has it, that Lissandra discussed as an explorer, may had run into the dwarfs offering luxury supplies if they would smith her a door of their finest frost metal. At the time it seemed a bit suspicious but "Skaelod" could not refuse her offer. Today that door is used by Braum as a shield, an object made of the strongest frost metal and imbued with the ice witch's sorcery is truly unbreakable.

Now however, as the dwarfs have been rediscovered their leader has entrusted the city to his youngest of sons, trusting in his judgement, and hoping his brothers to be strong enough to protect them all, as "Skaelod" treads the land trying to find someone they can trust, someone they can rely on, people that can protect them if need be. And so he enters, the institute of war...

------------------------

Well Summoners, I hope you enjoyed my little piece of fan fiction, that is just a story that *CAN* be true and may tie up a bit of the loose bits of the origin of some of the great weapons we see champions use. And just generally I'm a bit of a dwarf by heart, and there is yet to be someone in the game that resembles them. Either way, I'll see you people on the Fields of Justice, thank you for reading

AJAWek

09-18-2014

Nice, here is reddit version (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2gsion/the_frost_forge_fan_fiction/)

Makaveli

09-19-2014

Nice

Mister Miyake

12-26-2014

nice