Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked ARAM...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thesketchman

09-16-2014

Crazy idea and I know most people will hate it but I think it would be fun.

I'm pretty much just an ARAM player since it went live. The faster play style suits me just fine. In normal games you find far too many people take it way too seriousl and will flame hard even if you do something as silly as last hit a minion or two on them. Sure you still get flamers now and again in aram but it's nowhere near as bad.

Back to the topic at hand. Ranked ARAM would be great fun. You would need to develop skills with all your champs and not just the few you take to your one lane. I know a lot of you will say ranked couldn't happen because teams can be so unbalanced but when you play ARAM as much as I do, you will realise that the configuration of the team doesn't matter, it's the teamwork. Like in all game modes if you play smarter you can win. I've been in several ARAM games that have lasted over an hour because the losing team had started to work together and push back.

Just an idea, albeit not a very coherent one. Lol

thesketchman

09-16-2014

Oh and I do have a ranked account, Gold II (I know, that's not great.) This account started as a for ARAM but is basically my main now

Shnarf

09-16-2014

Completely agree with you. Posted it before.

HA and ARAM is a popular game mode and I'm not sure why Riot hasn't already implemented a draft pick system. It would allow for players to play different strategies, work out counters and generally evolve the mode. I would still play ARAM mode but I would enjoy the diversity that draft pick would bring.

BUMP!!!

Envisionedknight

09-16-2014

Firstly ARAM stands for all random all mid so having a pick phase would make it pointless. Secondly to make it ranked you would have to have all the champions enabled to stop ARAM accounts and even if you did about 25% of the matches would be decided on who gets what in champ select, this would be even worse when you are playing with players of a similar skill level.

TeaMOGGY

09-17-2014

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1563985&highlight=teamoggy I made this at the start of the year, and had barely any attention or support

I say give us ranked ARAM. We play ARAM, and we want to play it competitively! I absolutely hate people in normal ARAM's who think they can troll because 'it's only ARAM'.

Also, if any of guys think it'd be too unbalanced, unfair and what not, THEN DON'T PLAY RANKED ARAM. SIMPLE, RIGHT?

ARAM is all I play now. I've not played normal ranked since season 1 because my wife and I prefer ARAM together. We'd love to play it as ranked.

thesketchman

09-17-2014

I certainly think ARAM is a lot more enjoyable than normal games. Normal games you just spend the first 10+ minutes getting up your gold so you can actually do something. The exception to this was obviously Ultra Rapid Fire mode, which was ridiculously fun. To me that gets very boring. ARAM is all about the push not farming minions.
Even a limited time ranked ARAM would be nice, after all ARAM itself started as a trail mode.

Shnarf

09-17-2014

Quote:
Envisionedknight:
Firstly ARAM stands for all random all mid so having a pick phase would make it pointless. Secondly to make it ranked you would have to have all the champions enabled to stop ARAM accounts and even if you did about 25% of the matches would be decided on who gets what in champ select, this would be even worse when you are playing with players of a similar skill level.

I think you've missed the point a bit. First off I don't think "ranked" would be needed - just draft pick. If that's what you meant? It's known as ADAM (all draft all mid) and has been around the same length of time as ARAM but at the moment it only possible to do in customs. Secondly, by having picks and bans and seeing opposition picks then ARAM only accounts wouldn't be a problem. You have 3 (potentially 6 including the other team) bans to get rid of champs you don't want to see. Whether that be Nidalee or whoever you struggle to play against. You take turns to pick, so if they pick Nidalee, you can take Xerath. It also allows you to pick team comps that counter others so if you have an opposition team focusing on poke, you can counter with a team who focuses on sustain. It answers the problem people have with ARAM being biased towards accounts without putting restrictions or allowances to players and ruining the core theme of ARAM - RANDOM.

It also allows for competitive playing - a lot of ARAM players gripes come from the player who says "It's only ARAM" when they troll. Like I've already mentioned with team comps - it opens up a whole new intelligent way of playing.

I think there's definitely a market for it - I hope the OP gets lots of upvotes so we can prove that to RIOT. Dominion and SUmmoners rift both get multiple game modes so I don't think it's a far stretch to give Howling Abyss a second.

Shnarf

09-17-2014

Quote:
thesketchman:
I certainly think ARAM is a lot more enjoyable than normal games. Normal games you just spend the first 10+ minutes getting up your gold so you can actually do something. The exception to this was obviously Ultra Rapid Fire mode, which was ridiculously fun. To me that gets very boring. ARAM is all about the push not farming minions.
Even a limited time ranked ARAM would be nice, after all ARAM itself started as a trail mode.

I agree.

I enjoy summoners rift but I get frustrated at games being lost at 20mins when I've just spend most of that time CS'ing. ARAM throws you right into the PVP fighting instantly and it still retains strategy.

Dark Riddler

09-21-2014

I would totally play ranked ARAM. I love this mode. Ranked classis are boring as hell to me and not fun at all so usually I just avoid them x) Even though I am thinking about it because that Victorious Morgana (?) skin ~.~

TheMalteseFalcon

09-22-2014

I couldn't agree more! I think the normal classic is waaaaay too boring and slow. I am looking to team up with other ARAM players that know what they are doing. Every team I am on lately, at least one afk, the other two run for the first enemy tower from the start, without minions, or, even further in...LOL

Better yet, they don't work as a team, they try to attack 1v3+, it's so annoying, especially after pinging and telling them not to feed, they do it anyway.

If you'd like to add me, any of you, feel free to do so.

I look forward to playing with you!
TheMalteseFalcon