[Virus?] Rads_User_Kernel.exe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7he5oulforged

06-05-2011

Either Riot has been hacked and the new updater is infected by a virus OR Riot has turned to the dark side.

At first the new updater is ****(like it is now), like everyone will agree. 45mins 1 to 1 checking files... WTF?! After that it slows my system as hell, beeing unable to work. But there is one thing that is a serious issue.

YOU guys better come up with a convincing explanation WHY this freaking thing tries to access IE, Firefox, ICQ, AIM and even my Battle.Net Account.
While IE an FF could make some sense the rest is NONE OF YOUR COMPANYS BUSSINES on my machine.
A very suspicious bahaviour. I will not start this likely infested client(no player should do it) until YOU(Riot):

1. Explain and justify this behaviour immediatly
2. Stop acessing my programs

EDIT: And by the way this Rads_User_Kernel.exe does´t kills itself, I had to do it myself via taskmanager.

Shagruul

06-05-2011

The launcher has worked fine all the time.

I'm curious as of why you think it tries to access you ICQ/AIM and even your Battle.Net account.

As for the browsers it launches your default one whenever you click on a news link sending you there. Not very suspicious there.

UC Potato

18-05-2011

That process is the core of the new launcher. And no, it is not a ill code.

Cheers

CookieQuala

18-05-2011

Checking files taking too long can be caused by an old pc. Search google for viruses that slow your computer (like the svchost that takes 99% of cpu) and don't start posts without enough knowledge.

Btw I admit there are tons of annoying bugs in launcher and they get worse and worse every patch.

Sethvir

19-06-2011

I just installed LoL on my laptop after playing it for some time on my desktop without any issues - love the game, great fun. Have spent enough on Riot Game points that this comic brings a wry smile to my face.

However, I'm now concerned. After installation, rads_user_kernel.exe is requesting access to pretty much every single running process on the machine - including my antivirus, bluetooth, multiple system processes (including ones it should have no interest in, like the windows update service), sound tray etc. It then silently shuts itself down without actually launching the game.

So, what's going on? Is it just trying to collect information for logs, or has something more nefarious happened?

FantasticMoose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-06-2011

It is annoying though that neither the rads, nor the lolclientlauncher, shuts down themselves when you shut down LOL.

Dragoon112

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-06-2011

everything works fine for me excluding queue times and some ingame bugs <.<

P.S. viruses can infect any file on your PC.

AMBRE400

27-04-2013

en français svp

Gergoo97

28-04-2013

Update your video card the latest update. For example ati.com , amd.com ect I hope i can help.
i get same error yesterday.

ReCopter

05-05-2013

bei mir steht auch rads........ problem