Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is the point of...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sebasteia

09-13-2014

...starting with three doran rings in Aram? Every game there is at least one person who does this and is rendered useless in a few minutes because he/she has no mana left. I had a Ziggs in my game who did this and kept picking up health packs at full hp for mana and caused team mates to die. Why dont people start with chalice on mana hungry champions?
On a side note: I just queued for Aram, got Nidalee but got a message along the lines of: "some player in your match up was removed by support, you're going to have requeue" and now I have to wait as if I dodged, but for what?

TeaMOGGY

09-17-2014

I try to avoid buying them every game. The only exception for me is to start with Chalice, Doran's Ring, and some HP pots. Other than that, I see Doran's items as a bit of a hindrance.

Shnarf

09-17-2014

Usually I buy something that builds into a high tier item. The only time I buy dorans is if the champion has lots of weaknesses early game but can carry - for example Vayne. A 3 doran start solves all Vaynes problems early game and means you can get to hyper carry levels quicker.

Stibnitive

09-18-2014

There's no point indeed, but it would be weird if it was the only doran's item removed from ARAM.

On the other hand: rito should stop putting doran's rings in 'recommended items' since you can't use the passive on ARAM.

I think we need the prospector's ring on aram.

SteamMole

09-23-2014

Only on AP Sion, because the mana reg is enough, and it gives some nice early hp and ap. rush mob boots and you have decent dmg until lvl 11

Serika Zero

09-23-2014

Basically, I get 3 dorans on every AP champion that I don't build into Chalice or RoA.

Why?
you get more hp, you get more passive mana regen, you get ap, you get mana back when you kill stuff.
and 3 of them are pretty much equivalent of Grail but you also get a bunch of AP and HP. Which is useful.

Doran's Ring is an early game item. Who ever builds it is more focused on early-mid game than late game.

Sebasteia

09-23-2014

Yeah but in Aram you barely get to kill any minions to make use of the passive. On SR stacking dorans might mean early kills but on Aram consistent damage is more ideal, especially when you're poking from the back in relative safety, dorans add little to that. With champs like Ziggs, Nidalee, Zyra etc. you mostly rely on spamming your skills and a bit of AP at the expense of casting your abilities is imho pointless as you drain your mana in two minutes without a mana item.
I think when you're not building Chalice/Athene's in Aram, Catalyst/RoA is always a good choice with its passive and HP/mana stats unless maybe you're playing an assassin.

XerxesTop

12-11-2014

I agree with Serika Zero dorans ring is a great item but i would advise not taking three take 2 and maybe dorans shield or something for health regen. But dorans ring really is a good item with ap, mana regen and hp. You can focus on late game from the beginning or you can try and win mid game die then get the items for late game