Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

buff mele

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wilyvonka

09-06-2014

i play aram quite a bit, not much but some, and i have found that mele champs without range abilities are almost useless especcially untanky ones. so i would suggest a buff for everyone that is a mele...
good or bad idea?

Shnarf

09-06-2014

I disagree. There are obviously some champions that looked at singularly won't perform well but in a team environment that changes. For example a team of 5 ranged poke champions vs. a team with 3 ranged poke champions and 2 melee. Teams with a decent front line would generally have the advantage.

Drawing from that team ethic you can also work together to cover up your own efficiencies. For example a melee with no gap closer coordinating their attacks with someone who has ranged CC.

Lastly, ARAM allows you some diversity in builds as gold gains are quicker so builds don't have to be as strict as they would be in other game modes. You can dynamically build to what suits you and your team.

Coincidently I couldn't really think of any squishy melee champs that don't play well in ARAM - possibly Aatroxx?

Something Insane

09-06-2014

Had a full melee team once, we went all full tank against ranged champs, guess what, we won, so, I would say a buff is not needed, you just have to play really defensive until you've got 1 or 2 items then you can just tower dive them and not give a rats a**.

RonaldNL

09-09-2014

They should remove the melee debuff.

Currently everyone knows that there is a melee debuff.
Every melee champions (and even worse those who are bursty with gapclosers) have the debuff that they have to suicide to get a kill. They sacrifice 80% hp to kill 5% hp.
They will do this no matter what. Turretdive? For a kill always worth!
Somehow this debuff seems to have sneaked into the game.

Riot please remove the debuff.

Allmighty Jesus

09-09-2014

ARAM is ARAM. It is not ment to be balanced, nor is it made to be fair. It is made to be completely random. Its just a "pass 20 minutes" game mode. Nobody should care if they lose or win. Some champs is really strong, some is really weak. That is what makes it fun. When you get the bad one, it sucks. But the one time you get an op one, its so worth it. *cough*oneshot nida*chough*

Something Insane

09-10-2014

Quote:
*cough*oneshot nida*chough*

Gangplank deals more damage with his Q now --> 1427 crit damage with trinity proc in my last Gangplank game, pre-rework-Nidalee's spear could deal more damage, but not anymore, dealt around 1k damage the last time I played Nidalee.

TeaMOGGY

09-10-2014

Quote:
Allmighty Jesus:
ARAM is ARAM. It is not ment to be balanced, nor is it made to be fair. It is made to be completely random. Its just a "pass 20 minutes" game mode. Nobody should care if they lose or win. Some champs is really strong, some is really weak. That is what makes it fun. When you get the bad one, it sucks. But the one time you get an op one, its so worth it. *cough*oneshot nida*chough*

Why should no one care if they win or lose? This is a game where there are winners and losers, and I can say that I do NOT enjoy losing. Winning is fun, losing isn't. I really hate when people say 'it's only ARAM.'

Something Insane

09-10-2014

Because it's a fun game mode unlike ranked Summoners Rift, losing there is not fun since you can actually fall to a lower rank, losing in ARAM is nothing to be mad at, take my team from last night for example, Lee Sin, Jax, Renekton, Zyra, Zed, it didn' matter what team we would've had to play against, a lose was already determined and we lost bad to ranged opponents of course, so what, of ocurse winning is more fun plus you get more IP for a win, the only time I would get mad at is when I lose like 10+ games in a row, which gladly did not happen......yet xD that's something that would really suX, but 1 or 2 loses are nothing, you can't win every game, there will always be players that can win a game with even the worst ARAM champs.

Sebasteia

09-13-2014

Quote:
TeaMOGGY:
Why should no one care if they win or lose? This is a game where there are winners and losers, and I can say that I do NOT enjoy losing. Winning is fun, losing isn't. I really hate when people say 'it's only ARAM.'

If you're not having fun or at least enjoying yourself to some extent when you're losing, you're wasting your time with this game.

Shnarf

09-13-2014

Quote:
Sebasteia:
If you're not having fun or at least enjoying yourself to some extent when you're losing, you're wasting your time with this game.

When you lose a game it's because you make mistakes. You learn from making mistakes. So you might not have fun when losing but it's never a waste of time.