Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chalice should be nerfed or removed in aram.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Way of Darkness

09-04-2014

Because it might be actually a reason why poke champs are so extremely dominant.

After all, it means that there is almost no cost for using poking abilities constantly.

Moreover, Warmog's got removed because it was kind of OP on this map with it incredible sustain. Can't the same be said about Chalice of Harmony?

TeaMOGGY

09-04-2014

I don't think Chalice is the problem, I think it's Athene's. Removing it would encourage different builds, without the combination of ridiculous mana regen and CDR. There are a couple of other mana regen items to choose from that are perfectly viable, but are no where near as dominant as Athene's.

Something Insane

09-04-2014

Athene's already got its nerf, but for ARAM it was more of a buff if you read the second passive since you get kills and especially assists way faster and usually more than in Summoners Rift.

I personally never buy that item on any mage in ARAM, I rather rush Morellonomicon 'cause you will most likely die anyway, if I need extra MR I get Abyssal Scepter, but only if it helps the champ I'm playing with so the Aura can trigger.

TeaMOGGY

09-04-2014

Quote:
Something Insane:
Athene's already got its nerf, but for ARAM it was more of a buff if you read the second passive since you get kills and especially assists way faster and usually more than in Summoners Rift.

I personally never buy that item on any mage in ARAM, I rather rush Morellonomicon 'cause you will most likely die anyway, if I need extra MR I get Abyssal Scepter, but only if it helps the champ I'm playing with so the Aura can trigger.

Athene's compared to Morellonomicon is no contest. Athene's mana regeneration, and passive that you mentioned totally trumps it. The magic resistance is extremely useful because you're always getting poked in ARAM. I think the CDR is level, and Morellonomicon's AP is a bit higher, but the sustainability of Athene's is just so useful for ARAM; you'll never run out of mana. And of course, having chalice from the start is, in some cases, silly to pass up. I think Athene's needs a nerf for ARAM.

Leptyx

09-04-2014

I agree with the original post.

Every time people (myself included) get a poking Ap champion, it's just about buying Chalice and spam abilities. I don't even build Seraph ever (anivia, karthus, veig, etc), because the games are too short to enjoy the full build, and if you're low on mana with Chalice you can just wait behind a turret because you don't have to care about being pushed or outfarmed.

Chalice should just have a regular mana income, not based on current missing mana.

Shnarf

09-06-2014

It's not something that's game breaking in my opinion. I could play on a team with no chalice/athenes users against a team of 5 and I wouldn't go into the game feeling I was at a disadvantage. It also turns itemisation "fairness" into a slippery slope.

Most APs that I play I actually get catalyst first and in my opinion it offers more than chalice - in ARAM the name of the game in sustain (that rhymes!) and catalyst gives both HP and MP every level. It means that on most champs I can reach much higher levels before dying (giving me a level advantage and more available gold for my first shop so I really spike in power).

Vesper

09-23-2014

I disagree.
I think without the chalice games wouldn't be as exciting, as mana hungry champs would have to 'save' their mana for big team fights, leaving the rest of the game a bit stale.
If it has to be removed, I'd like to see a much bigger increase in passive mana regen.

XerxesTop

12-15-2014

Chalice of harmony really should be nerfed because too many poke champs get it and have an easy game afterwards its a game winner in one item and on supports that can heal themselves its just flat out broken (broken means op). There is a considerably large amount of poke champions and with chalice they can poke infinitely without limit. As you may have noticed in the comments there are people yelling about how op it is and others saying that they disagree the end

FaerieCharmFTW

12-23-2014

With the current state of chalice, I think part of the problem has already solved itself, really. It doesn't give that much mana regen early anymore, which leaves tankier champions with the chance to sustain themselves a bit more fairly.

Most of the time when this is a problem, it's just because the entire team has/can use one. (all champions with poke as well as sustain). (also why sona is so strong on this map, she can do both on her own)

PizzaMasterLoL

12-24-2014

I'd rather get 2 morello than waste gold on athene's.

The only time I get athene's is on Anivia or when the other team is +4 AP