Tanking runes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KazumaKiryu

18-07-2010

Hey im just looking for someone to help me with tanking runes i already have full armor on seal and magic resist on glyph. im also gona go hp on quint but what should i go on marks? I usualy play rammus, mordekaiser and nasus.

Yekkers

19-07-2010

well you could grab some more hp/lvl, or Hp regen... other than that i dont really know.

KaaZos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-07-2010

I go with malphite mana regen and magic resist/armour

Puschel the Soft

20-07-2010

Armor on seals isn't exactly what I'd get as a tank.
You are a tank, you will already get armor from items, so get dodge instead! (Just like crit and damage scale best together, dodge and armor do)
With Nasus get armor pen on marks, with rammus/more get magic pen.
If you want to play really defensively (which I wouldn't recommend) get armor or HP/lvl on marks

Tenoziw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-07-2010

Imo yellow runes are made for hp!!

Crozby

21-07-2010

I often play Alistar.
Quintessence Health, Seals Health/lvl, Marks Magicressist. Glyphs Magicressist/lvl.

IMO its the best choice.

Stoertebeker

21-07-2010

i often play shen. i aint sure about marks too, but most of the time i go with magic penetration, cause in early game i can harass nicely with spamming my blade.

KazumaKiryu

23-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschel the Soft View Post
Armor on seals isn't exactly what I'd get as a tank.
You are a tank, you will already get armor from items, so get dodge instead! (Just like crit and damage scale best together, dodge and armor do)
With Nasus get armor pen on marks, with rammus/more get magic pen.
If you want to play really defensively (which I wouldn't recommend) get armor or HP/lvl on marks
yes but seeing as i play rammus a lot dont the armor help a lot?

ShakeNBakeUK

23-07-2010

according to my super duper spreadsheet, the best mark for a tank late game is the health per level mark - "greater mark of vitality".

however, they are very expensive to buy, and nowhere near as cost effective as an offensive mark, such as attack speed, armor penetration, magic penetration, or critical chance.

flat armor or flat magic resist are also ok as a mark, but only give you about ~120g worth of stats. flat health gives you ~80g (compared to 400g worth of dps stats)

BuA

31-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazumaKiryu View Post
yes but seeing as i play rammus a lot dont the armor help a lot?
dude the thing is on a guy like rammus u dont wanna have any dodge at all... u want them to hit u so why combo it with dodge? :S i dont know if u run dodge masteries... if u do.. dont
xD

and for ur main question, marks doesnt really make any big differance but my best bet since u are a rammus player would be | Attack speed or Armor | the reason is that rammus is very dependant on the early farm he gets in lane/jungle and the attack speed really helps u recover if u miss a few lasthits.. but if u feel like u are pro at lasthitting for with 0.91 armor marks
u could also make an off page for dealing with casters where u take MR but tbh i dont hid this very usefull after lvl 5..