having the "unknown error" problem....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ratzbi

28-05-2010

ok, except for telling you what i get once i try to log in to the game i shall explain what i have experienced the past 2 days.

note that im from israel and it seems all israelis (strangely) have this problem

it looks like the problem is with the pvp.net and not the game server, because once i succeed to enter the and load the game- i can play smoothly.

i happened to format my computer just today so the possibility that the problem lays in my hardware is not an option.

here is the problem:

once i log (or try to log) into the game - pvp.net works very slow with a lot of delays and loading time. once its not succeeding it shows me a "Unkown error" problem. i can whether press "Close" and then the game is stuck or "Show details". when i press the show details button i get this message:

(mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "177E854C-42DB-96DD-936F-DFB51559E33D"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
faultCode = "Client.Error.RequestTimeout"
faultDetail = "The request timeout for the sent message was reached without receiving a response from the server."
faultString = "Request timed out"
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "760401BF-A2B7-5ABB-0D88-DFB58A991B1C"
rootCause = (null)
timestamp = 0
timeToLive = 0

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1...knownerror.jpg

strangely enough, when i tried logging in in the morning i could stay in the pvp.net without a problem, but when i try to log in in the afternoon or the evening its as if the pvp.net is full and flooded with people so there is no response from the pvp.net.

if i get really lucky i can log in the the pvp.net server, but once i press any button which requires response from pvp.net- the unknown error problem pops up again.

btw- the chat is always working once im logged in (even after have the unknown problem and the game freezes)
btw (2)- when i type in the logging screen an incorrect username or a password i do receive and answer from the pvp.net server telling me they are incorrect.

hopefully i've explained the problem thoroughly.

have a great day and keep up with the good work Riot games! i appreciate your hard work and im sure you will fix the issues with the server as soon as possible!

just don't forget to smile as much as you can

update:

as Tecumseh said:
"The pvp.net servers are in the USA (since they do not require a good ping), but the Game Servers are in Germany.

Tecumseh "

so that might be the problem. the ping from israel to the USA is quite bad, thus the pvp.net has no response in the rush hours,but once we succeed in entering a game we are moving to the european server(in germany) and our ping is much better.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown error.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	202  

Sir FailsAlot

28-05-2010

I have the same problem , I managed to login and play earlier today.
but after 2 games , when I tried joining another game I couldn't pick a champion or have any kind of connection with the other people in my champion select screen and I had like 3,4 error windows pop up every time I tried to pick a champion.

I tried relogging but now I can't log at all since I got unknown error windows pop up while trying to login.

I'm also from Israel

Mushkin

28-05-2010

I have the exact same problem and guess what: I'm also from Israel.
I hope that we will get a response soon and will be able to play again.
Thank you Ratzabi for posting our problem very informative. +1

HolyVampire

28-05-2010

Please note this cannot be a firewall problem or a router one because i have disabled my firewall and i have no router.

MasterMalius567

28-05-2010

im not from isreali im uk and i get unknown error msg trying to log in. guess servers are really laggy seeing this usually happened to me a lot while logged in. never while loging in tho even with goa but now it happens as i log in

Ratzbi

29-05-2010

sometime its working and sometimes it doesn't....

lordshay

29-05-2010

same problem here... waiting for youre response riot.

Ratzbi

29-05-2010

update:

as Tecumseh said:
"The pvp.net servers are in the USA (since they do not require a good ping), but the Game Servers are in Germany.

Tecumseh "

so that might be the problem. the ping from israel to the USA is quite bad, thus the pvp.net has no response in the rush hours,but once we succeed in entering a game we are moving to the european server(in germany) and our ping is much better.

Kiraj

29-05-2010

same problem...
waiting for a response from Riot

Moongrave

29-05-2010

Code:
faultCode = "Client.Error.RequestTimeout"
faultDetail = "The request timeout for the sent message was reached without receiving a response from the server."
faultString = "Request timed out"
Here's the answer.
Your ISP (or DNS) keeps loosing connection while requesting packets from Riot servers. It may be caused by wireless connection (which is incredibly slow in sending packets) or too long distance between client and a server.
The only way to fix it is to set pvp.net alternative server in Europe or boost Your connection. Or You can set higher priority to Pvp.net site. (There're many articles on Google about it, but i doubt it really helps)