How to counter champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MateuszDoNogi

18-07-2010

In ranked games there is draft mode now, i think we can see who is playing against us to counter enemies, so what champs are good against what?

MarkyZero

18-07-2010

enemy team - your team

healers > tristanna, gangplank,katarina - Ignite
tankers > kog'maw, xin zhao, poppy, amumu, olaf
slowers > garen, morganna, olaf, master wee! - Cleanse
stunners > morganna, sivir, olaf, trynd - Cleanse
burst damage > mordekaiser (temporary armor), sion (shield), kayle (shield), morganna (magical shield), mundo (super hp regen with ult), janna (shield), malphite (passive), zilean (ult)
physical dps > teemo (blind), rammus (armor) , taric (passive armor), jax (passive dodge)

Was this any helpful ^^?

WarTechs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MateuszDoNogi View Post
In ranked games there is draft mode now, i think we can see who is playing against us to counter enemies, so what champs are good against what?
Few people are willing to share the secrets of their trade.

Puschel the Soft

21-07-2010

The problem is: In ranked games people are usually a little more committed to win, so your enemy team will rarely choose an easily counterable team (like 4 melee dps).
Lots of disables will occur rather often though.
I don't know about ranked solo Queue, but at least in premade I never encountered a really unbalanced team

Basura Nephilim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-07-2010

there's also some items that help :
tanks : madreds, deathfire grasp

deathfire grasp : only realy works on AP champs, but do please concider you could put it on hybrids such as : nidalee, akali and kayle with a fairly strong effect. (its an active item that does damage equal to 30% of the targets current HP + 3,5% for every 100Xtra ability power you have.) offcourse magic resist helps against this.

Madreds : on a fast hitting DPS this thing is killer, doing 4% of the targets maximum HP as damage.

also currently i am trying the effect of a blade of the divine as an anti tank item (100Xtra magical damage every 3rd hit)

vs dissables : i mostly carry cleanse with me, obviously especially in ranked, but you could always buy a banshee's and / or a quick silver sash (negate the effect and damage of one spell [target spells and skillshots only i beleive] and cleanse negative effects right off of you with quick silver)

also! wards for the win, be sure to use a LOT or get a wriggles lantern (which worked realy well on akali, seeing as i mostly go for a 10Atk sword, and that nicely goes into a wrigles) map control is killer, because if you can catch 1 champ off guard....its one champ less to worry about for a minute =)

i know its not realy champs, but the items and buffs in the game, allows your team even when poorly picked; to play addaptive and increase your chances.

BeSport Bytas

12-09-2011

wait wut: you say tryndamere is a counter to people with stuns. Its the other way around dude People with stuns counter tryndamere

Stetto

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschel the Soft View Post
The problem is: In ranked games people are usually a little more committed to win, so your enemy team will rarely choose an easily counterable team (like 4 melee dps).
Lots of disables will occur rather often though.
I don't know about ranked solo Queue, but at least in premade I never encountered a really unbalanced team
You're right, in ranked games, you'll usually encounter balanced team compositions.

But this doesn't mean, that counterpicking is impossible.
Counterpicking doesn't necessarily have to counter their whole team.

E.g. it's sufficient, if you counter their Annie with Brand, because Brand has a superior laning phase.
Or if they pick Amumu, because you banned someone else, you could pick a strong counterjungler to shut down Amumu right from the start.
If they pick a Tryndamere, you'll pack 2 Exhausts.
If they've got heavy CC, you might want to pick Irelia or Gangplank, maybe take Cleanse on your AD carry.

This stuff might give you the small edge to win.

adminpwnsu

12-09-2011

Against Heavy CC ( i saw this yesterday in the enemy team and it worked pretty well):
Irelia, GP, Morgana +ranged carry and support of your choice (For example sivir and Sona)

SF Éba

15-09-2011

3v3, Signed and mordekaiser= win