How to counter rammus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlaBlokeBreakBra

01-05-2011

How to counter a rammus who go for 40% cooldown reduction in mid game? its easy for rammus to get that - runes + cd shoe + glacial ammor...

How to counter this thing? You cant ignor it for certain, he jst gonna keep taunting ur DPS, making ur DPS useless for half of the time (3 taunt 7 sec cooldown), you cant attack him for certain cos hes rammus...

Even if the carry get mercury it would still be disbled for 2 seconds, if cleanse or sash it would be taunted again in the next 4 seconds...

So how to counter rammus?

OzeeSF

01-05-2011

Cooldownreduction Rammus? Whoa, thats new for me.

I have no idea x'D

Poutsa Fae

01-05-2011

l2p

N4he

01-05-2011

He can only taunt one person at a time, at very limited range, for a short amount of time. How is that a big problem? It's a good ability, but not gamebreaking or anything. Not to mention that he becomes a less effective tank if he builds for CD reduction instead of actuall tanking. But in your case, have somebody CC him, and then run round him to kill his teammates.

Though I have yet to see a Rammus that builds for CD reduction.

BlaBlokeBreakBra

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzeeSF View Post
Cooldownreduction Rammus? Whoa, thats new for me.

I have no idea x'D
lol... isnt it common sense to max cooldown reduction on all CC champions?

BlaBlokeBreakBra

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4he View Post
He can only taunt one person at a time, at very limited range, for a short amount of time. How is that a big problem? It's a good ability, but not gamebreaking or anything. Not to mention that he becomes a less effective tank if he builds for CD reduction instead of actuall tanking. But in your case, have somebody CC him, and then run round him to kill his teammates.

Though I have yet to see a Rammus that builds for CD reduction.
thats all he need... a melee dps is basically useless cos of rammus, and thats all it takes in a team fight (unless everyone on ur side wants be a fcking hero and take dps...), approch enemy carry - BANG, rammus taunt...

I jst won a game with that against an overfed akali, jst keep taunting her prevent she attack our corki

Weldred

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Teleport + ward, go into their jungle. Put ward, back to your lane. Wait for low hp rammus then teleport and destroy their jungle. Rammus without blue has really hard early game.

Stavrogin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Why dont just let your AP carry kill him-with that setup and no magic resist should not be to hard to take him down.

Snowflake

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavrogin View Post
Why dont just let your AP carry kill him-with that setup and no magic resist should not be to hard to take him down.
Wow, most brilliant idea. Ever.

Im also curious on how to actually counter Rammus in general.

Tsukiyô

01-05-2011

A CDR rammus build, it's very uncommon but it happens. Though he dies like a fly if you focus him. He will probably focus his stats on CDR/armor, items like Frozen Heart to rape your AD carry. With that build, his taunt + ulti will prob rape you in no time if you aren't careful. He is dangerous towards AD carries (close combat ones) so the logical pick would be to counter him with AP distance carries / mages.

CC him and get your AP persons on him, that is if you have any... If you don't well ... just bad luck and I'd advice to balance your team more next game.

Rammus will most likely initiate a fight with coming in with his Powerball, followed by a taunt on your ad carry probably and his ult. Anticipate this in team fights and get your AD carries to stand to the sides a bit. There is no point in grouping up and having Rammus blowing his ult in your mids damaging you all. If you have a Veigar in your team for example, put up a stun on Rammus as he rolls in. Cage infront of him or just that he lands in the middle of the cage and either needs to stop or get stunned.

@Snowflake: It of course depends on his build and team setups, but normally you try to CC him when he tries to initiate a fight. If you are a close combat carry, poke him. You WILL lose in a longer 1v1 fight if he has his ult etc up, unless the Rammus is a total dumbass ofc or you really outplay him. Hit and run works good, use bushes to make it happen. Yi for example is nice against Rammus as Rammus won't get time to taunt him when he goes in with his Alpha Strike. Unless Rammus has a heavy HP regen build, you will wear him down like this.

People like Malz or Ryze are also effective against Rammus.