Why is Taric not black?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crosshash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Hopefully, the Devs will change the portrait back to normal, but I'm more concerned with Taric's - quite frankly - ambiguous ethnicity.

In his portraits, he's quite clear black

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squi...59906taric.jpg

yet his ingame model is a very white person.

Can we not have his skin colour in game change to be that of a black person's as well? This game doesn't have many black characters (if any) and I think Taric should be.

RnX ChaotiCc

01-05-2011

Uhm... His portrait got changed in the last patch and now he is white on them. He's still black on his skins though.

Carmilia

01-05-2011

He's not meant to be black since his 3D Model always shows his skin to be white.

Tho, if you want to point out black champs, you've got Karma, Udyr, Soraka in her youth, Shen or Akali...

Koekieej

01-05-2011

you call that black..? More like shadow on his face lol

Crosshash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
He's not meant to be black since his 3D Model always shows his skin to be white.

Tho, if you want to point out black champs, you've got Karma, Udyr, Soraka in her youth, Shen or Akali...
I don't think any of those characters are particularly black - compared to Taric's skins anyways.

Ahri Nine Tails

01-05-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...2&d=1270736501
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...0&d=1261542673

Tbh it's about time the artwork realised Taric is definitely not black.

Ledaque

01-05-2011

Totally g....uhm fabulous!

ImKilaya

01-05-2011

Omg what is the problem with black charecters. New Taric is fine, the splash arto now matches his look in game, and it's ok.

Carmilia

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosshash View Post
I don't think any of those characters are particularly black - compared to Taric's skins anyways.
I dont know if you really got my point, but lenme explain myself again. Taric is an old school champ. He was released around the 2009, right when the game was getting out of the beta if i recall right. His art, like many other champs, are a bit controversial. Lets take a look at for example Morgana. She looks purpleish in the game, even tho, her in game skin is greenish. Her skins doesnt help at all neither. Some make her skin look white ish, blue ish, etc. So its hard to tell what her skin tone would be like.

As for Taric, he is less controversial than Morgana. His original art made him look kinda black, and yet, his in game skin and 3D model made his skin look white, on EVERY skin he had. This pretty obvious points out that he wasnt mean to be a black dude. The rework on his splash art, imo, confirms that Taric infact, was supposed to white and not black.

Characters like Karma, Akali, Shen... Fine, they might not be 100% black. Yet you can consider Karma being an african/north american woman, while the rest of the champs i mentioned are pretty much related with the oriental cultures.

Cyhiraeth

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post

Akali?????? seriously???? and Soraka? is everyone tanned to you immediately black? O.o