Irelia vs Olaf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tree Trunk

01-05-2011

Have these two champions. Both of em are pretty good at jungling although Irelia is better than Olaf in laning but is it just me or is Irelia just that much better than Olaf in everything else? I mean Olaf's got a slow compared to Irelia's stun/slow + charge. His lifesteal is kind of worthless compared to Irelia's Ulti heal and W (I tihnk) passive. Only thing he has going for him is his Ulti but it's only for a few seconds and it's overshadowed by Irelia's passive.

I love Olaf but it seems that Irelia is just a much better choice. Should I just give up on Olaf and just to stick/learn to play Irelia better?

BlaBlokeBreakBra

01-05-2011

Id say Olaf is way much harder to master, his Q toss is an art (if you good at it frozen mallet is a piece of **** to him), and require much higher APM to spam E.

ps - Olaf is better on lane than Irelia. Better regen, axe toss on lane is jst OP

Zaldrohir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

People say Jarvan is a great char. I've seen him and he indeed is. I played him in a custom game, he indeed is. Tried him out in ranked, sucked heavily.

Each champ has a style, if you prefer Olaf's style over Irelia's then I still suggest Olaf. Also look at what the team needs. If they need a Jungler, play Olaf for sure.

Ryou

01-05-2011

If you can stun Olaf JUST before he uses his ulti then the 1v1 is yours.

BlaBlokeBreakBra

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoutaru View Post
If you can stun Olaf JUST before he uses his ulti then the 1v1 is yours.
but olaf is semi-ranged, he can refuse to fight you on lane until he have higher HP, slow + ultimate then u die

Ive done it before to Irlia on 1v1 mid

Cardiac Arrest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Olaf is definetly NOT a better laner than Irelia. Tbh, between these two its a hard choice. I've switched to Irelia tho, I feel better when playing her, like I have more chance of killing someone, tho I did main Olaf before.

I guess its about play style, but I would prefer Irelia. When playing vs Olaf you retreat when his ulti is up and come back after, that usually works for me.

Infinity 2209

01-05-2011

Well I tried jungling with Irelia..I failed completely and ended up underlevelled(I didn't die jungling though ) I've tried olaf before and fed miserable the 2 games I played..I'm to much of a defensive player for olaf I back off way to quickly to be a good olaf player.

As for Irelia I think she's a great champion and will probably purchase her after FCR ends . Irelia is amazing for laning I even took mid and brand couldn't push me out lane. She's also a godsend for early game battles. Her W is just to OP at level 1-3 expecially coupled with exhaust/ignite and a decent partner it's a guarenteed first blood if an enemy ends up out of postion.

Rahatindar

01-05-2011

Irelia does better than Olaf in the jungle, on the lane ,even ganking ...but she isnt a VIKING ^^
I do agree Olaf is harder to master than Irelia... Still compared to Irelia you can actually build Olaf as a full tank and still do some decent dmg... and dont forget his pasive gives him a ton of atackspeed.

HMHS8

01-05-2011

Atm Irelia is better, but she's gonna get reworked probably. (there's some rumor on US forums)

Jantunen

01-05-2011

Irelia is getting reworked, so wait a while before buying her.