Failed to launch rads\system\rads_user_kernel.exe

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defghon

30-04-2011

Hello,

Reinstalled Windows XP and ALL of its updates. I download EU LoL version client and install game.

I clicl on "Play League of Legends" icon and a message appears: "FAILED TO LAUNCH RADS\SYSTEM\RADS_USER_KERNEL.EXE"

No log, no process running, nothing. I reinstalled, checked my firewall, conection, everything. Same mesage...

I read all posts refering to similar mesages (most of them dated 04/16/2011) and did all the the things everyone posted and... nothing...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

Defghon

30-04-2011

Found the solution, posted not long ago...
GO TO:
RADS/system/launcher.cfg
Change
airConfigProject=lol_air_client_config_na
> TO
airConfigProject=lol_air_client_config_eu
PLAY!!

mumutii

30-04-2011

no ...

Karmah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

For me fixed 'failed rads blablabla...' by installing frameworks 3.5 for service pack 1 : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/f...displaylang=fr (check language tough)

tehsmooth

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defghon View Post
Found the solution, posted not long ago...
GO TO:
RADS/system/launcher.cfg
Change
airConfigProject=lol_air_client_config_na
> TO
airConfigProject=lol_air_client_config_eu
PLAY!!
this worked for me , but it did not say airConfigProject=lol_air_client_config_na, it said airConfigProject=lol_air_client_config_euw , i simply removed the W from euw and it worked, when i launched LoL all i had to do is change region to my regular one

DonGrits

08-01-2012

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION! ( I believe rofl)
After I have read every single post on the forums regarding this topic, both on EU and NA LoL forums, I have finnaly figured out the solution. Now, I don't know if it's going to work with the Windows 7 or Vista OS, but I'm almost 100% sure that it will on XP. The problem that people had all along is the following: the rads_user_kernel.exe file CANNOT run if you don't have installed Microsoft Frameworks. This won't be your issue if your on W7 or Vista because it's already installed on those OS',BUT NOT ON XP.
Just download it, install it and it should run without problems, as I have learnt by trying everything else. Reinstalling Windows, updating them, updating drivers, rebooting, etc. is not going to help, or at least it did not for me. So, long story short, just download the 3.5 Microsoft.net Frameworks and you will have no trouble running the patcher. Pretty sure that's the problem, because I have read almost every post regarding this, and I didn't notice anyone pointing this out.

Here's the link to download the 3.5 version (feel free to download the newer versions, allthough you don't need them on XP OS): http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/1/061F001C-8752-4600-A198-53214C69B51F/dotnetfx35setup.exe

Hope I helped.
P.S. If you already have frameworks installed, and it's still not working, then you can try everything else (updates,reinstalls,etc.), but I recommend trying this first, and then everything else.

Robo c0ke

16-01-2012

Hey guys, I manage to solve the problem. Here is what I did and it fixed my problem, hope it helps you guys as well

1) Download this: http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe
2) Go to you RAD folder. This should be somewhere in your drive for me was C://RiotGames/LeagueofLegend/Rads
3) Paste the exe file you downloaded in this folder.
4) Enjoy with the game - run as normal

Lacie15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

26-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmah View Post
For me fixed 'failed rads blablabla...' by installing frameworks 3.5 for service pack 1 : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/f...displaylang=fr (check language tough)
Thanks, this work for me.

NP Kândèn

03-02-2012

thx Robo c0ke it works now =) thank you very much

KrAmGO6

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo c0ke View Post
Hey guys, I manage to solve the problem. Here is what I did and it fixed my problem, hope it helps you guys as well

1) Download this: http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/...ser_kernel.exe
2) Go to you RAD folder. This should be somewhere in your drive for me was C://RiotGames/LeagueofLegend/Rads
3) Paste the exe file you downloaded in this folder.
4) Enjoy with the game - run as normal
Thank you man, it does work.

The only thing is that after you've downloaded the file 'rads_user_kernel.exe'
copy it and then paste NOT IN "C://RiotGames/LeagueofLegend/Rads"
BUT PASTE IT IN C://RiotGames/LeagueofLegend/Rads/system
because when the error appears it says:
Can't find RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe

But thank you Robo for the file very much dude.

12345 ... 7