Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat restrictions decreasing over time :-)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MauriceG93

08-06-2014

Hey guys,

i have a questions, i've been chat restricted a few times because i was toxic, support said my toxicity was a bit over the average.

Anyway i've been punished for 60/60/75/105 games now, i had 100 games chatrestrictions left and today i saw that i only have to play 1 games until my chat restriction ends. i got chat restricted again but this time only for 30 games and i think i have improved myself a lot in teamchat.

Is it true if i improve my behaviour and spread out no toxicity that my chat restrictions are getting less and less until i won't recive any chat restrictions again?

Mescal1ne

08-06-2014

No. It simply means you're getting a higher amount real soon.

Frenchie2010

08-07-2014

Dont listen to Mecal1ne. Im not going to go into why, in order not to insult him, but believe me, dont listen to him.

And to your question: Yes, thats how the system is desinged. Congratz on your success, if I may call it that. Gl and hf.

Mescal1ne

08-07-2014

Lol, yeah. Someone who hasn't been chat restricted, hasn't spent months with the support team debating the issue, not even broaching the subject of researches on the matter, is going to tell you how the system works above.

You're the precise example of a high share of cases I likely encounter. Just because you're in a **** community, you assumed I was being sarcastic above. I wasn't, lol. But sure, whatever. You know what? Ultimately, it doesn't matter who you listen to. You're not getting a Riot response here. Said response would be vague and likely framed to depict you somewhat remotely close to be guilty in whichever way possible, if you were to get one, anyway. Posting for the community? The above is not enough of an example for you?

AeonsLegend

08-07-2014

Quote:
MauriceG93:
Hey guys,

i have a questions, i've been chat restricted a few times because i was toxic, support said my toxicity was a bit over the average.

Anyway i've been punished for 60/60/75/105 games now, i had 100 games chatrestrictions left and today i saw that i only have to play 1 games until my chat restriction ends. i got chat restricted again but this time only for 30 games and i think i have improved myself a lot in teamchat.

Is it true if i improve my behaviour and spread out no toxicity that my chat restrictions are getting less and less until i won't recive any chat restrictions again?
Most people that have reported having a chat restriction and improved their behaviour measurably by the system will gain less chat restrictions each time untill finally it is over. People that show no signs of improving will get more chat restrictions and it will take longer. At leas this is how the system should work. I'm interested to hear whether this is working for you and I'm happy to hear you're being positive about it and are improving your behaviour.

Mescal1ne

08-07-2014

Quote:
AeonsLegend:
Most people that have reported having a chat restriction and improved their behaviour measurably by the system will gain less chat restrictions each time untill finally it is over. People that show no signs of improving will get more chat restrictions and it will take longer. At leas this is how the system should work. I'm interested to hear whether this is working for you and I'm happy to hear you're being positive about it and are improving your behaviour.

No offence, buddy, but could you stop speaking up for a system you're totally clueless about? You're not even in the ballpark. I'm a member of multiple gaming communities, and League just happens to be an actively played game throughout the world, and I can tell you multiple players have reported the same story of getting a restriction, calmly sitting it out, one after another, with no result whatsoever. And I don't doubt their maturity, since they're far beyond your average LoL player out there.

AeonsLegend

08-07-2014

Quote:
Mescal1ne:
No offence, buddy, but could you stop speaking up for a system you're totally clueless about? You're not even in the ballpark. I'm a member of multiple gaming communities, and League just happens to be an actively played game throughout the world, and I can tell you multiple players have reported the same story of getting a restriction, calmly sitting it out, one after another, with no result whatsoever. And I don't doubt their maturity, since they're far beyond your average LoL player out there.
Yes, sad story. I asked for more insight in the matter. All you did was activate the self-pitty button again. I understand your frustration with the system and no, I don't have any experience with it and in fact I know I never will because I do not flame or troll. Ever. I am however interested in how the system works for someone who is approaching this in a possitvie way and doesn't come onto the forums crying over spilt milk.

So in my post I did not ask what your experience was. I asked MauriceG93 on his experience.

Mescal1ne

08-07-2014

Whatever then, keep living in illusions, from the system's workings to my recently discovered -- apparently -- frustration.

MauriceG93

08-10-2014

So yea i didn't recive any new chat restrictions for 2 days now.

I can confirm that if you improve your behaviour that your chat restriction will decrease, you will eventually get another few chat restrictions but at all this should be your last one.

I'm so happy that i can use my chat with no restrictions and **** yeah /all chat again!

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

08-10-2014

Congratulations