Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking to start TT play: How do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xsariarux

07-27-2014

Hello, TT players!

I'm looking to get into TT play - I'm a support/jungle main on SR but I'm hoping that with the smaller population and likewise smaller map in 3v3 play, there's a greater degree of teamwork than one normally finds in SR's YOLO-queue.

Can any kind soul provide some super basic information about the overall flow of a 3v3 game? I've played a couple of games and mostly got carried, and felt a bit like I was an active detriment to the team by not understand the pace and rhythm of the game. I've read on various sites, alternately, that bruisers are king, that waveclear is king, etc. For example, at around what time do teams start doing Vilemaw? Or, in fact, is it full teams that do it or 2, or even 1? Is the jungle sort of a free-for-all? Is a normal team a bruiser and two squishies? Tank, carry, support?

Sorry if these questions seem a bit noobish, because, well, I suppose they are. But I figured it would be better to ask than be that person who just charges into the game having no idea what they're doing. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions that you leave.

King regards,
sari

Best Wukong NA

07-27-2014

Okay here are some things:
Pushing early if you are equal/ahead gives some good jungle dominance.
You can play with a jungler or with a duo top having a support with someone else top. The support meta is more used in higher elo and jungle meta in lower elo.
This is a very solid tier list in 4.12:
http://lol3v3.net/yaslooms-twisted-treeline-3v3-tier-list-braum-era-patch-4-12/

usmoso

07-28-2014

One big difference I found is that pushing doesn't have the same risks as in SR. While in SR if you push you get some advantages, like getting levels faster and denying farm to the enemy, and disadvantages like putting yourself more vulnerable to ganks, in 3v3 if you push you're not necessarily easier to get ganked.
If you can push safely then you should. Because you can push and then roam, either into their jungle or to the other lane. If your enemy in lane follows you he loses cs. If he doesn't follow your team has numeric advantage.
It's also very important to not lose a lane. If both lanes fail you will be in a pretty bad spot because they can roam at will and invade your jungle, putting everyone in your team behind. And in this map it's not as easy to make a comeback
Mostly I'd say that wave clear and good team fighting abilities make a champion good in this map. An escape also doesn't hurt. For example Lissandra, she has everything of those and I think she is much better in TT than SR.

Alphecca

07-29-2014

Add me ingame and i'll help you out. also I can recommend http://lol3v3.net/