Do you agree with resetting elo for everyone at 1200?

Yes 147 78.19%
No 41 21.81%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Season 2 Elo Reset

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramiel WTF

27-04-2011

As I understand it, as soon as season 2 comes, all elo will be reset. Everyone starts at 1200 again. That doesn't seem fair at all to me and I'm sure a lot of people are going to agree with me on this one. Personally, I worked my ass off for the rating that I have and I'd like to keep it.

I understand the fact that Riot wants to give everyone a second chance but why are we punished for it, we who have over 1200? Are you telling me that we are equal to those who just got to lvl 30 and started playing 2 weeks ago? Or the ones that trolled their way to 500 rating just because they can? Or those that have no idea what a ward is and how it's used? I refuse to believe that. I got to where I am on my own merit, I did not get carried by anyone. Well that's technically wrong, I main support so you could say they carried me.

And by maining support, I find myself in a bit of a bad situation. What if I get paired with complete morons (the kind that most people whine on these forums about) ? It won't matter that I try to babysit their ass and ward the whole **** map, they are going to feed and lose matches. And if this happens, is this where I truly belong? Is the ONLY solution out of elo hell carrying?

And yes, I am scared that I'll drop into elo hell not because I suck at the game (having 1800+ rating proves this to an extent) but because this game is solely based on picks and early game.

If possible, can a red explain the whole situation and Riot's reasoning for saying "you are the same as everyone even if you proved you are better once".

Discuss/hate/downvote (as I'm sure most will) away.

bizzynose

27-04-2011

err its a season for a reason.

Suffoco

27-04-2011

Its only a soft reset, i dont remember the formula for it. But its not that bad.

Plus you will get to that rating again, if youre worth of it.

NO HOMO

27-04-2011

Keyword: Seasons.

Is Manchester United QQing about a new season after they won one?
You get the point.

laurinwOw~ , same elo bracket as you.

PS: didnt see you do well one game playing support; you actually fed some times. :3

wizbang88

27-04-2011

sure lets just stay in season one for the next few years.
Riot have adopted a season system for a reason, so that official competitive events can be based around it.
Think about this, take football for example, what if there was only one season. It would be pretty hard to say who won the season considering it never ends. How do we know who are the best players of a season if it doesnt end.
The same issue happened in WoW when the first arena season ended and people gave out about it.

I know it sucks that your rating gets reset but if the ladder remains unchanged it becomes stagnant.
It should be noted that if your say a 1600 rated player it wont take long to move back to that point or even higher because everyone has been brought back to the same starting point.

Ramiel WTF

28-04-2011

Don't compare it to football please. I'm talking about solo queue here. Give me 4 people that I know get the job done and I'm not complaining anymore. This is solo queue, with random team mates, not football where you have the luxury of having the same team. The football comparison works for 5v5 rated only.

Also, what do official competitive events have to do with solo queue? Absolutely nothing is based on solo queue.

@wizbang88 And if you get paired from the start with people that had 300 rating because, hey, you are apparently the same, do you think you could win? They are there for a reason and they drag everyone down with them the moment they step out of their league.

I'm ok with raising everyone below 1200 back to 1200 but not with downgrading those who dragged themselves out. Also, WoW had rewards for those who were the best in every bracket for all those arena seasons. I doubt Riot are gonna do something similar so I see no reason to reset. Ladders never stagnate as long as people keep getting better at the game.

Freenone

28-04-2011

Quote:
Don't compare it to football please. I'm talking about solo queue here. Give me 4 people that I know get the job done and I'm not complaining anymore
Lol get em urself...theres 5v5 ranked u know....

fart

28-04-2011

im fine with the ladder resetting. god **** hard to catch up to the 2.4k ppl at the top simply because of the massive amounts of games you need to get that far. i dont feel like im much worse then those people so id like to get a fair chance of competing with them for the top -> reset elo for everyone please

besides: if you deserve your elo you'll get back there. Worries are only reasonable for people who dont deserve their elo

Ramiel WTF

28-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freenone View Post
Lol get em urself...theres 5v5 ranked u know....
You clearly didn't understand what I wanted to say. I said that unlike football, solo queue does not offer you the luxury of playing with the same people over and over again. I never said anything about 5v5.

Riserva

28-04-2011

Some people who are high elo got lucky with their teams, do they deserve to have a higher elo than those who kept getting paired with trolls who are now at a low elo?

I hope it does get reset.