3rd Party Skin Site Fraud Update

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Draggles

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotDraggles on Twitter

10-07-2014
1 of 11 Riot Posts

Getting scammed sucks. Unfortunately the internet is full of shady people who take advantage of others. At Riot we strive to protect players from these scammers, and recently weve noticed an increase in fraud around 3rd party skin sites and skin reselling.

These sites promise limited edition skins for League of Legends, when in reality they acquire codes illegitimately and exploit players. They charge excessive prices (we found one skin for over $1,000!) and sometimes take payment and never provide the content. You cant predict the outcome, and no purchase is ever guaranteed regardless of what the seller says. To make matters worse these services typically use bots. Bots are lame to play with and chew up additional server bandwidth, negatively impacting everyone.

Riot is taking action against these scammers at the source. We are working with multiple payment processors to inform them of the situation and recommend they no longer process fraudulent payments from these sites. Additionally we will be deactivating all previously issued skin codes starting today. If you have a skin code that you acquired legitimately please send a request to Player Support and include proof of ownership. Wed be happy to help redeem the content to your account, but please note after 23/07/14 we will no longer be redeeming codes for any reason.

For more information about codes and how to send Player Support a request, check out our code cards FAQ.

Followup: Player Support will not be retroactively removing content and skins that have already been redeemed prior to this announcement.

imi

10-07-2014

I'm so glad the skin shops are gone, they were reselling at such over the top prices.

Obachu

10-07-2014

for the rarest skins check lolskiin .. SHUT UPPP!!! you should start with youtubers and streamers first, they are the main reason why people buy from this websites

WornOutVice

10-07-2014

so... let us to buy pax sivir, pax jax, pax tf, etc etc. IN GAME! please! Or people will continue to be fraud u.u

sexyabbie

10-07-2014

I dont understand this part
"If you have a skin code that you acquired legitimately please send a request to Player Support and include proof of ownership. Wed be happy to help redeem the content to your account, but please note after 07/23/14 we will no longer be redeeming codes for any reason."

imi

10-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obachu View Post
for the rarest skins check lolskiin .. SHUT UPPP!!! you should start with youtubers and streamers first, they are the main reson why people buy from this websites
It's just sponsorship, also most of the ones advertising this aren't even in the LCS therefore Riot has no jurisdiction.

imi

10-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyabbie View Post
I dont understand this part
"If you have a skin code that you acquired legitimately please send a request to Player Support and include proof of ownership. Wed be happy to help redeem the content to your account, but please note after 07/23/14 we will no longer be redeeming codes for any reason."
What's not to understand? You have to provide proof in order to redeem the code.

AquaTiix

10-07-2014

SkinsforLoL just saying, Black Alistar ...

Drunken Snail

10-07-2014

Is there a point reporting accounts that got lvled by bots? I have played with 2 recently, and know a 3rd who I saw in nightblues game today.(They werre already lvl 30 and played by real players at the time)

Jyuuza

10-07-2014

Now i kinda feel sad for all those wannabe streamers that try to grab people's attention with those PAX/Riot giveaways.

Rip in peace.

1234511 ... 23