Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ban all french/polish/russian is NOT racism

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrancingPony

04-24-2011

French polish and russian are nationalities not races, stop playing the racism card because it dosent apply here. It may be discrimination but it is NOT racism, each nationality is made up from multiple races.

Besides the only truely bad players are french, ive seen decent russian and polish players, although their english was not great their skills were decent enough.

Lambertambertrt

04-24-2011

Thanks for clearing this up bro

Marxon12

04-24-2011

This is racism as your insulting a entire group of people.

Banning Russian I can agree with because their not in EU but anyone in the EU deserves the right to play on the EU servers.

Ntropy

04-24-2011

So because you've not encountered skilled [insert random nationality] players yet, they should totally be banned.

cool story bro

The last Petunia

04-24-2011

*sigh* It clearly is racism because you're stereotyping people by their nationalities, which is generalising the entire race for being bad.

Some are bad, some are not.
Just because you came across a bad player from a certain country, it doesn't make the entire country bad at LoL.
Either way, it is discrimination, and racism IS discrimination,so you lose and I win this argument.

/Thread

Ferrum de Virtus

04-24-2011

So, I am from Poland, and I see a LOT of people from Germany, France, Italy etc, who speak (type actually) english... to put it simply: bad. It's true that French EGO is very high, and they need to rage a lot, but i have seen a few decent french players (the problem with french is that they hate all other languages then their home language, so they don't bother themselfs with learning english).

I can agree that Russians could be added to the Asian server. Let them deal with that hell.

May LoL be free from all kind of trolls

As for poles, i would like to remind You all that worlds best Counter Strike players is from poland ;]

Surjection

04-24-2011

Finally someone with concious mind. It's not called racism. It's called xenophobia.

Besides, even though I'm polish player, most allies I meet don't realise that... I also know many polish players which don't have obviously polish nicknames = impossible to tell them apart from others. I guess that goes for other nationalities.

Cloud Strife GR

04-24-2011

Quote:
Marxon12:
This is racism as your insulting a entire group of people.

Banning Russian I can agree with because their not in EU but anyone in the EU deserves the right to play on the EU servers.

oh really? all those EU players that used to play on US should have been banned back when LOL wasn't on EU yet?
also should we provide an ID scan to play too?

PS:not russian, just raged from your stupidity!

Surjection

04-24-2011

Quote:
Ferrum de Virtus:

May LoL be free from all kind of trolls

No please, I want to keep playing LoL. There's nothing more hilarious than when you realise that rest of your team is polish as well, you don't show your colours yet and just type on all chat "OMG I HAVE TEAM OF RUSSIANS". :3

Too bad not everyone fells for it .'/

The last Petunia

04-24-2011

Quote:
Surjection:
It's not called racism. It's called xenophobia..

Actually, Xenophobia is, as its name suggests, a phobia of those from other countries.

Basically, it means you're scared of them; rather than meaning you actually hate them.