How to counter evelyn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSnoozer

24-04-2011

Before you call me a noob, plz read the thread it will be long so if you cant be bothered dont type any response.

Here is the scenario.

Playing premade on 5v5.

they had a garen who switched with lux after i killed him twice and caitlyn solo mid and top.

we had malz and ashe solo lanes.

I was playing malz , had a pink ward and a few green wards to protect me , i also had a oracles.

i had catalyst and boots

i was by my tower and the opposing evelyn flashed in before the tower or my oracles could detect her. got stunned and then rapped by her and lux , evelyn had 46 creeps and a score of 3/4/2 .

I never over extended unless i saw evelyn on the map.

So plz can someone explain to me how 1. this is fair and 2 what to do about it?

I precasted silence and tried to ult but died.

Nothing i could have physically done

Bapelsinen

24-04-2011

You have to take out Evelynn right from the start so she wont get feeded and in that situation you probaly would try to flash over the wall and just run like hell. But is she ap or as? As eve isīt that hard just buy thorn mail. If ap buy Quicksilver Sash it give you alot magicresist and the passive is like cleanse. But allays try to take out eve as fast as you can.
/Bapelsinen

Postpone

26-04-2011

Post above me has some good points.
Though seriously, If you couldn't survive Eve with wards all over the place AND an oracle, then I think you're the problem here.

But you said it, she had a couple of kills, meaning she had a couple of items, and her ult, which is a really strong ult. Along with Lux' ult and snare, there's not really that much to do. However, guessing you had flash, if you played malz, you SHOULD be able to flash and ult before getting power raped by your own turret.

TL;DR
Your team failed, eve with 46 ck and multiple champion kills is not okay.
Bad wards
Slow reactions

Mixture of those, hf.

LilacT

29-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapelsinen View Post
You have to take out Evelynn right from the start so she wont get feeded and in that situation you probaly would try to flash over the wall and just run like hell. But is she ap or as? As eve isīt that hard just buy thorn mail. If ap buy Quicksilver Sash it give you alot magicresist and the passive is like cleanse. But allays try to take out eve as fast as you can.
/Bapelsinen
It's active is a de-buff, slightly different to cleanse.

Soft Tail

29-04-2011

So you had an oracle , wards and you are at your own turret and eve kills you?

Sorry but you are pretty failing then...

SharorTheVile

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-04-2011

Problem with evelynn is, even if you play to counter her (very passive play in lane) she's just not fun to play against.

You counter her by denying her kills, an evelynn who couldnt stop the opponents from farming is freshmeat in a teamfight, Shaco style. She can't even box push like shaco and create an advantage that way.

infpico

01-05-2011

i think flashed alistar is much worst problem to solve, since it takes centuries for tower to get his hp down...thats what is a problem of game, lot of champs can easily dive you under tower...whatever u do

Lungarr

02-05-2011

I can understand the problematic but thats how eve works
I played her pretty often especially in 5v5 Premade.
Your first task playing Evelynn is to fear the enemy of being able to be around everywhere at any time, pull some early Summonerspells and ur mates will have a easy lanephase.
To counter her u did all u can do (wards, oracle, tower) but its still the point of flash which she cant use every few secs so this situation u described wont occure that often, but for me this is most effective way ganking ppl with Eve. Most of the players feel quiet safe under their own tower but the thing they forget about is that Flash-Range > Oracle-Range. And btw its the most profitable gank to kill one with oracle cause he might spent another 400g on oracle ore pink wards and his cor build will be pretty much delayed.

Nobody42

03-05-2011

I dont see turret diving as a problem. You are there to defend the tower, not the other way around. Also, by turret diving they are commiting a huge risk and are overextending. If they are not punished for overextending, it is the team's fault.

Luu 1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

To answer question: Anyone can counter eve easily.