Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sylian's Top Lane Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylian

Recruiter

06-22-2014

This top lane tier list is mainly meant for Blind Pick Normals, although it probably works for Draft as well. Unlike many other tier lists, the order within a tier is alphabetical rather than from strongest to weakest.

As for credentials, I've been in high Elo Dominion since early 2012, and I've maintained a win-loss ratio around 64-66% for a long time. I've won around 25 Dominion tournaments and my team, Real Terror, was one of the top 2 teams on EUW, back when we played. I've won over 100 000 RP.

Tier list

Tier 1
Fizz, Kha'Zix, Vi.

Tier 2
Ahri, Akali, Alistar, Amumu, Annie, Ashe (CDR), Blitzcrank, Brand, Braum, Corki, Darius, Diana, Dr. Mundo, Elise, Ezreal (AD, AP, Blue), Gragas, Irelia, Janna, Jarvan IV, Jax, Jayce, Jinx (CDR), Karma, LeBlanc, Lee Sin, Leona, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu (Blue), Lux, Malphite, Malzahar, Maokai, Master Yi, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Pantheon, Poppy, Rammus, Rengar, Riven, Ryze, Sejuani, Sona, Swain, Syndra, Talon, Twisted Fate, Urgot, Varus (CDR), Vayne, Vel'Koz, Viktor, Warwick, Wukong, Xerath, Xin Zhao, Yasuo, Zed, Zyra.

Tier 3
Anivia, Caitlyn, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Fiora, Galio, Graves, Hecarim, Heimerdinger, Jinx (ADC), Kassadin, Katarina, Kayle, Karthus, Kennen, Kog'Maw (AD, AP), Lulu (AP), Miss Fortune, Nautilus, Nocturne, Olaf, Quinn, Rumble, Shaco (AP), Sivir, Skarner, Taric, Teemo, Trundle, Twitch, Udyr, Varus (ADC), Veigar, Volibear, Ziggs.

Tier 4
Aatrox, Cassiopeia, Cho'Gath, Draven, Gangplank, Garen, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Nunu, Renekton, Shaco (AD), Shen, Sion, Soraka, Shyvana, Singed, Thresh, Tristana, Tryndamere, Vladimir, Yorick, Zac, Zilean.

Tier 1 - Generally overpowered in Blind Pick. Will fit well into most comps and do well against many comps.
Tier 2 - Strong champions that often will perform well. Solid picks in the right comps.
Tier 3 - Decent picks that can work, if done right. Tend to be niche and weaker than average.
Tier 4 - Generally weak champions. Some can work, but most are not worth it.

Sylian

Recruiter

06-22-2014

Changelog 2014-10-17

Braum moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Karma moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Maokai moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Rammus moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Corki moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Dr. Mundo moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Sion (AP) removed from the list from tier 3.

Soraka moved down to tier 4 from tier 3.

Hecarim moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Olaf moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Volibear moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Changelog 2014-09-25

The main post edited and trimmed down a bit in general. Tier 1 definition updated.

Alistar moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Cassiopeia moved down to tier 4 from tier 2.

LeBlanc moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Talon moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Tristana no longer listed as both AD and AP in tier 4, just as Tristana.

Yasuo moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Changelog 2014-08-31

Several champions split into different categories. (CDR) stands for max CDR + armor pen builds, also known as AD caster. ADC stands for AD Carry, also known as Marksman.

Ashe (ADC) created and moved down to tier 4 from tier 3.

Ashe (CDR) created and moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Jarvan IV moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Jinx (ADC) created and moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Jinx (CDR) created and stays in tier 3.

Kassadin moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Katarina moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

LeBlanc moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Lee Sin moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Leona moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Lulu (AP) created and remains in tier 3.

Lulu (Blue) created and moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Varus (ADC) created and moved down to tier 3.

Varus (CDR) created and remains in tier 2.

Changelog 2014-08-05

Updated tier 1 description.

Annie moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Nidalee moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Wukong moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Zyra moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Changelog 2014-07-31

Alistar moved up to tier 1 from tier 2.

Anivia moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

AP Sion added to tier 3 (AD Sion remains in tier 4).

AP Warwick removed from the list from tier 2.

Ashe moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Blitzcrank moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Elise moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Kayle moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Kennen moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Lee Sin moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Lulu moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Malzahar moved up to tier 2 from tier 4.

Maokai moved up to tier 1 from tier 2.

Sivir moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Skarner moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Teemo moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Ziggs moved down to tier 2 from tier 3.

Snoop Lion

06-22-2014

THIS IS BS!!!! HOW CAN MORDE BE 4TH TIER WHEN HE CLEARLY IS NUMERO UNO?!?!?!?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ MORDE NUMERO UNO OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ MORDE NUMERO UNO OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

http://www.fybertech.com/4get/13504996493181.gif

BrasoO

07-01-2014

Nice list buddy, keep the good work up!

BronzoO

1 8

07-06-2014

singed tier 4?
funny stuff
i played few games with him
and hes great tanking lots of dmg and zone out people
or just get other points, facing 1v2 or 1v3, running away and baiting them into your own team
he has also good mobility and scales pretty well with items (cause of her passive)
also tear stacks much faster in aram - its full at about 6-7mins because your q is always on

Dadger Ben

07-07-2014

Nautilus below Xerath, Talon in the same tier as all those bad champions(not saying they are all bad but most are)... gr8 b8 m8

Aeronth

07-11-2014

Present some arguments or don't bother criticizing the list. I see nothing wrong with Nautilus, Xerath and Talon by the way.

Quote:
1 8:
singed tier 4?
funny stuff
i played few games with him
and hes great tanking lots of dmg and zone out people
or just get other points, facing 1v2 or 1v3, running away and baiting them into your own team
he has also good mobility and scales pretty well with items (cause of her passive)
also tear stacks much faster in aram - its full at about 6-7mins because your q is always on

Take a loot at tier 1 tanks -- they have strong CC, built-in resists, decent damage and mobility.

Singed has neither resists nor mobility without his ult, and his CC is inadequate on Dom, since Fling is kind of specifically designed for SR, and many high tier Dom picks can bypass slows by dashing.
He can win SR fights by appropriately using Fling on an enemy carry, but this kind of weak, high-priority targets simply don't exist on Dom. Most good picks can deal with Singed, either by fighting regardless of Fling (e.g. high tier tanks and bruisers), or by kiting him (e.g. Ezreal).

He does scale decently, and I do think he's better than most tier 4 champions on this list, but he's still a mediocre tank that doesn't deserve more than tier 3.

Dadger Ben

07-12-2014

Quote:
Aeronth:
Present some arguments or don't bother criticizing the list. I see nothing wrong with Nautilus, Xerath and Talon by the way.

Nautilus, while inferior to a top tier tank like Leona can be a very useful pick. Xerath on the other hand gets absolutely **** on by every assasssin out there because of his lack of mobility, lack of tankiness and reliance on a slow skillshot stun to do anything.

And putting stuff like Rammus and Yasuo in the same tier as Talon/Leona/Wukong is nothing short of a joke. Braum and Annie may be debatable (although I am pretty certain that Braum is terrible) but Yasuo is just a free loss.

Aeronth

07-13-2014

Tier 3 picks can be useful. But Nautilus is still weaker than tanks above him, having lower damage, no resist steroid and CDs a bit too long for my taste (but I may be mistaken).

Measuring a mage's efficiency by how well it fares in a duel vs an assassin isn't very meaningful. I don't know why you're pointing at Xerath, when Zyra has the same weaknesses, and Sylian still put her tier 1.

I think mixing roles in a tier list without providing any explaination can be rather misleading. Most mages require careful positioning, good accuracy, and ideally a strong frontline to protect them (that's where Braum shines the most -- and why he deserves to be tier 1 IMO). Then, assuming you have all these, you may estimate your mage's efficiency by looking at what it provides in return.

Xerath has very good poke thanks to his range, good damage, and even global presence with his ultimate.
Does that make him tier 2? I don't know, and I don't care, ranged champions are for whimps anyway.

Dadger Ben

07-13-2014

Quote:
Aeronth:

Measuring a mage's efficiency by how well it fares in a duel vs an assassin isn't very meaningful. I don't know why you're pointing at Xerath, when Zyra has the same weaknesses, and Sylian still put her tier 1.

You never played this mode competetively did you?
If a mage is bad against assassins in a strongly assassin dominated meta then that is very VERY meaningful. Zyra is different because not only is she better at holding points, her kit also allowes her to potentially 100-0 an attacker when jumped upon which is impossible on Xerath due to his channel times. This is also a point that makes Xerath worse than pre rework because the ability to kill people FAST is so essential in dominion. He was playable before, he feels sluggish now with his Q reducing his movespeed to gain range, his E having terrible projectile speed and his ult revealing his position.

Edit on the Braum thing: Yeah, Talon/Fizz totally care for him standing in front of a mage.