How to Counter Nidalee in lane ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xervensa

23-04-2011

which champ is effective against her ? so far its malzahar but whenever I play another champ:

1. My harrass is inefective against her
2. if she survives my burst with only 10 hp she will heal through the dmg
3. cant seem to get her out of the lane
4. escapes ganks pretty easily
5. destroys my wards with her traps which is really anoying

I want a champ to harrass effectively and deny her farm, because usualy a nid player will take solo lane

Al the Dead

23-04-2011

anything with regen/healing ability is effective. She has good staying power but her harass is limited to spears and traps and her mana isnt endless.

Kagrenac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Dead View Post
anything with regen/healing ability is effective. She has good staying power but her harass is limited to spears and traps and her mana isnt endless.
Actually, a good Nidalee will max her heal first and harass with auto-attacks. If you max your spear first you will run out of mana really fast and leave yourself open to harassment.

@Xervensa:
Nidalee has a lot of problems facing tanky champions such as Xin Zhao, Jarvan, and Malphite.
All of these have crowd control and some sort of gap closer, two things Nidalee hates.
If you feel you can't handle her, switch with someone else.

I must also commend you for asking how to counter a champ instead of just making an OP thread. More people should follow your example.

Zalz

23-04-2011

Truth be told you can't counter a good a Nidalee. She weakens out as the teamfights start happening but on the lane you will only kill a Nidalee if that player makes a mistake.

She can be at your tower and still escape a gank if she is level 6. Harassement is utterly pointless against her since she has heals and her traps make any kind of sneak up nearly impossible.

Get into the right state of mind and realise that you will not kill her. You can try and deny her gold and Exp even though both are unlikely to happen. No champion can defeat Nidalee 1v1 on the lane.

Like i said just start with the understanding that you cannot kill her and try to work from there.

And yes it's kind of bull**** that it's literally impossible to gank her.

Garlix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-04-2011

She is counterable, against good nidalees its ofc going to be hard but she is still counterable.
Every nidalee places her traps at the brushes and if she doesn't put it there you can see it easily. If you are ganking her dont go to the brush because she will definitely have traps in there.
Dodging her spear is easy, you almost know every time when and where she is going to trow it.
You should try to gank her before 6 cuz that is going to be much easier, she just can't go to cougar and jump out of there.

Uuni

23-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsong View Post
@Xervensa:
Nidalee has a lot of problems facing tanky champions such as Xin Zhao, Jarvan, and Malphite.
All of these have crowd control and some sort of gap closer, two things Nidalee hates.
I think that applies to all casters. Veigar, cassio, lux etc. All hate those who can close gaps in and affect CC. The difference being that they have no heal nor escape ability :/

Qebsenuef

23-04-2011

nidalee is squishy champion espcially in teamfights she is nothing she is good at early and mid and diffucult to play. I havent played with her for a longtime if you think she is OP, play with her.

she needs spending much effort. I think she is not OP.

Chimira

23-04-2011

I agree with Leafsong on this one. Nidalee can have a problem with tougher characters, but other ranged like miss fortune or caithlyn can pose a big problem. Yes there will be hell to try and kill her, so unless you are sure you can, just harass her and drop her mana as close to zero as you can, the lower mana the less she can do toward you and fewer heals can be thrown .

So keep up harassing her so she has to heal and cant do much else. Patience is a virtue so dont go diving her or rush things, just keep your eyes on her manapool.
If trying a gank attempt or trying to kill her, ignite is worth gold to lower the one heal she will be able to throw before your burst is over.
It is very likely she will go kitty and jump away, but even if you havent managed to kill her you have achieved something really good - you have gotten her out of the lane and thus managed to get her away from gold and exp.

Again as Leafsong said - cc is great against nidalee, as she is really squishy she cant stay in close range with melee for long without dying so if you trap her with a stun, snare, slow shes as good as dead.

Nizidranamitz

23-04-2011

Most caster with decent mana reg / pool can force her out . Take annie at lv 3 for example , start with sapphire and spam desintegrate, most nidalee will be forced out . if she stays out of range, she doesn't farm and you have won the lane too .

Nidalee is a great laner , but the fact she's considered op is that she mainly go solo top against tank / offtank with poor harassing / healing ability , or both . Against a heavy nuker , I think she wouldnt be that good .

Kagrenac

23-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalz View Post

And yes it's kind of bull**** that it's literally impossible to gank her.
Anyone can buy wards, stop using this argument. Nidalee just gets free wards that people have to walk over. Look at the brush carefully, you can clearly see her traps even on the map.