About ping on the map...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Huritzen

20-04-2011

Now ill try to explain why, we need a change for ping on the map function. For example, tonight i have played a game, and there is a player who have done an insane use of ping, i think that guy has spammed at least 200 ping or more, without nothing who blocks this. I have finish that game with an headache. And now i want to give some possible solution for this, because free pings, for people who dont use the brain, are the ruin of this game.

Ping is a useful thing but we need a change:

1) Put an interface option for disable pings, so the people in normal games, can decide if want to use it or not. Because, if something is free, people usualy abuse of it.
2) Give a CD for ping on the map, for example: every 2 pings 5 secs of cd.
3) Give a time for pings, example: free pings, but force pings every 1,5 seconds or 2 seconds for the next ping.
4) Give free pings, but if someone use too much this feature, for example 4 times or 5 times less than 2 seconds, gives a temporary ban, and cant use ping for 2 mins, and this ban time can doubles, if a player spam again.

Peoples who spam ping on the map could run other peoples gameplay, if used in a wrong way.

Freenone

20-04-2011

It basically all boils down to manners....and I personally dont agree. For example sometimes I use pings to draw paths on map for mates....but all of ur ,,solutions,, would either prevent me or hinder my communication afterwards...also disabling pings is just one huge no, what are u gonna ask every game if ppl have pings allowed or not?

20-04-2011

I don't run across people who spam pings very often, only happened a few times in over my year here. But I always use two pings to signal missing players from where they left and where they might be going.

The 2nd and 4th options sounds good to me

Oddie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16180339887 View Post
I always use two pings to signal missing players from where they left and where they might be going.
^ this.

I disapprove with the ping cooldown.
While it is annoying to get my map pinged, it's MUCH more frequent to see people pinging several times to draw a way to either warn the mid of a gank or to command a gank themselves, than seeing people spamming it to annoy.

Altough, instead of adding a cooldown to the ping, why not disable receiving pings from people you used the /ignore command? (if it exists. i never used it actually, does it actually exist? o.o)

Jobdone

20-04-2011

Because sometimes it takes 50 pings to get your teammate to get the point.

"Back. Everyone is SS"
-Hm. Maybe he didn't see it.-
-Ping-
-Hm. He's not moving-
"Dude, back."
Ping.
Notice entire team going towards him.
"BACK"
PING.
PING.
PINGPINGPINGPING.
He finally moves.

I'm kidding, he gets ganked and then goes "OMG WHERE WAS SS"
You know how this goes. It's LoL.

Mermantula

20-04-2011

I fully support a cooldown on pinging. I play a ton of normals, and every single day there's at least one silly tard who appears to be having an intimite relationship with it. It's very, very, very annoying, and I usually insta-ignore the ******bag if he keeps doing it after having been asked to stop.

CptJackpot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

20-04-2011

I think that ignoring the player pinging stops it.

hhaavviikk

20-04-2011

**a tower is under attack!*

ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping

in 3 seconds...

죽 음

20-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaavviikk View Post

ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping

in 3 seconds...
/ignore user.

Problem solved.

Jobdone

20-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaavviikk View Post

ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping
ping

in 3 seconds...
Because often if you don't, no one goes to defend the bloody tower.