Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat restriction!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiwah

01-12-2015

Sorry to burst your bubble but... that 20% statistic comes from Lyte himself, whereas yours is made up on the spot.

It makes sense that consistently toxic behaviour gets reported more often that occasional flaming.

karathon

01-13-2015

Thanx's for your warning, can you explain me why?
Have a nice say sir.

JagPrime

01-15-2015

Voluge is right. On all accounts.
Again, some sycophants that praise the system just to grief. You just have no arguments other than authority arguments.
I can totally see that Voluge (who looks to be a very skilled player) could be trolled in game and getting fake reports. It is easy to imagine, because he is trolled here right now, by you.

This system is failed by design. I got restricted (I deserved it) and got the skin. And I am supposed to believe that the system is accurate as discriminating fake reports from legit ones ? Let me laugh.
I admit that I deserved a punishment for heavy flame.
But the chat restriction as it is now ? Just makes me want to leave the game. If that is Riot's intent, then it was better to ban me.

I just learned that I could mute all players, which I do now every single game. It helps me as I don't read insults and then don't retaliate, because that is where I fail. I answer to provokation. This solves it.

And the fact that I know mute everyone doesn't shield me from sanction. I can still get reports for not communicating, if I have a bad game, people won't report me for unskilled as they know that it has no effect. They will report me for verbal abuse/negative attitude.

We've come from a system that was far too lenient to a system that is far too repressive.

Like Voluge, people who think it is possible to read with enough care the logs are really delusional...
And the ranked restriction doesn't make sense at all. What a great way to grief people. And it has nothing to do with my behavior. It's only chat related, what does ranked have to do in that picture?

Now, I'm forced to play Normal games I don't care about, which doesn't make me happier/less frustrated.
Again, if they wanted me to reflect on my behavior and so on, a temporary ban was more adequate. Now I could just stay away from the game for 6 months, come back and still have the punishment waiting for me?

This is so bad, that it is the first time in what 3 years? that I actually do consider leaving this game for good. Hopefully Blizzard will be able to pull something better designed.

Shiwah

01-15-2015

Quote:
I can still get reports for not communicating

And no one has ever been punished for that.

Quote:
Again, if they wanted me to reflect on my behavior and so on, a temporary ban was more adequate. Now I could just stay away from the game for 6 months, come back and still have the punishment waiting for me?

Temporary bans weren't an effective deterrent, since you can sit them out, and you're implying that you would prefer sitting out a punishment instead of making an effort to deserve your chatting rights.

That's exactly what Riot doesn't want from players.

JagPrime

01-15-2015

Well, in other words: having me playing in a bad mood doesn't help at all. Quite the contrary. You don't risk to flame when you enjoy your game. You risk to flame when it is not.
I will repeat myself:
It just makes me want to stop playing. And not come back. If it is what they do want, it would be less hypocritical to just ban my account. Fair enough. But I guess they still want me as a Customer.

As from now, I SWEAR I WILL NEVER USE THE CHAT AGAIN, so I could not care less about my chatting rights. Whether I'm in chat restriction or not. "/mute all" is the only thing I will type in game.

And again, everyone knows that "refusing to communicate/unskilled" don't get a player to be punished, so they will always use the reports that do when another player is not to their liking.

Of course, when you play against bots, you're not risking any chat restriction... hrm...

Shiwah

01-15-2015

Quote:
JagPrime:
If it is what they do want, it would be less hypocritical to just ban my account.

It's called "giving a chance at redemption". Of course there's also the customer part involved, but it's not everything that's about.

Quote:
JagPrime:
Of course, when you play against bots, you're not risking any chat restriction... hrm...

Lemme guess, you checked my lolking.

*rolleyes*

JagPrime

01-15-2015

Yes my friend :-), and while there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and if you enjoy the game best this way, it is entirely fine.

But you must admit that it makes you pretty immune to any advert effect of the system you defend so harshly (since we've crossed Swords over a few threads already ;-) ). If you are so confident about the system, you should put it to the test :-).

There is theory, which you studied, now is time for practice :-) You will get even better knowledge of it and better arguments.

Shiwah

01-15-2015

Uh, actually my preferred game mode is ARAM. I simply don't feel like playing lengthy games for a while.

I saw people flaming and trolling even in bot matches, don't believe that AI games are immune to those behaviours.