Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat restriction!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nubproof

06-01-2014

Dear fellow summoners.

I want to seize this very special opportunity to share with you my thoughts about the new punishment system for bad behavior....

Whether you have received a 20 or 200 game chat restriction, you truly and sincerely have deserved every single one of them, and it warms my tiny-tiny LoL heart to know justice has arrived :`) Watching you cry on the forum because you've been acting like douchebags while the tribunal has been inactive, and now have to pay the price, well.. It's hilarious

That is all. Enjoy your punishments, and improve your behavior for the future!

Voluge

06-01-2014

Thanks for contributing to become a target of potential reports in the future, where you can be framed for whatever you could have and could not have said, in both pre-game and post-game chats even if you may not have mentioned a single word in the game, for which you're likely to get framed for not communicating with the team, while if you perform poorly in just one game, you're going to get stalked by any potential player who hated your stats, that particular game, thus decided to frame you for it, or that one time you tried to joke around a little and got targeted by reports for playing something "unusual" which again, you got framed by random reports stating things you could and could potentially not have said in both pre/post-game chat. FYI, if you performed badly, then I believe it's likely that you could receive a feed report, even if you only played a support or tank, thus got scores like 0/5 with 5+ assists.

Once again, thanks, do please enjoy your future punishments and improve your non-improveable behavior for the future!

Nubproof

06-01-2014

If you get false reports every game, then surely you must be delusional. False reports will never outweigh real reports if you behave like a normal person. This is exactly the kind of excuses trolls and flamers would use to state their innocence, when the evidence is clearly showing differently. You are welcome btw ^_^

Voluge

06-01-2014

Oh, but on contré, false reports do get through, because you got no way to tell them apart, because the viewer lacks enough information to determine their credibility. If you get reported in 20% of the games you've played the last 3 months, in short, 2 out of 5 games, it only requires one person to report you over and over, if they haven't reported anyone else, their reports alone will give you a warning, no matter how credible they are. Rest assured, in 5 games, you can meet up to 45 people like that, so do please try to play more games with friends, rather than soloqueue, which would nearly guarantee that.

TSMO TriForce

06-01-2014

Quote:
Voluge:
Oh, but on contré, false reports do get through, because you got no way to tell them apart, because the viewer lacks enough information to determine their credibility. If you get reported in 20% of the games you've played the last 3 months, in short, 2 out of 5 games, it only requires one person to report you over and over, if they haven't reported anyone else, their reports alone will give you a warning, no matter how credible they are. Rest assured, in 5 games, you can meet up to 45 people like that, so do please try to play more games with friends, rather than soloqueue, which would nearly guarantee that.

get your tinfoil hats here, this guy buys them on discount.

seriously tough. i would love you to share some of the sources of your info. in particular, id like you to tell me how these people that unfairly report people manage to keep getting in the same game as you, how they manage to circumvent the system that makes the report value of people who make false reports worthless and how they manage to convince riot employees that they are right even tought the person did nothing wrong.

these are all "facts" i would love to know more about

Nubproof

06-01-2014

Well then that's quite odd considering millions of people, me included, have not encountered that problem. I don't know about your current situation, perhaps you've been chat restricted since you're so against this temporary system? Either way, considering millions of people do not have this problem, my guess would be that even if the people who's been punished might not have deserved every report, they earned enough reports on top of the false reports to get caught. So either way it's fine with me. I find it extremely hard to believe and extremely unlikely that somebody gets punished due to false reports alone. We all get false reports from time to time.

Voluge

06-01-2014

What do you expect Triforce, if you don't wait out your time between the games you're playing, then it's highly likely that you're going to be either with or against the same player(s) the next game, given that you are within the same elo "range" or did this fact not magically appear before you as obvious? I'm tired of your constant doubts, so please excuse my rude tone. Meeting even one of these potential up to 45 players isn't unlikely, if you play enough within a short time of frame, you're nearly bound to meet many of them again in a near future, unless you're queueing up with others, which can dramatically lower the amount of new faces. As to how, you're asking HOW people who CAN "reason" CAN get BY the eyes of employees hired by Riot? If you can "reason", then you're bound to "try" to find ways so you "can" do it, otherwise, one is but a naive and lucky individual, if one manage to do so without any "thought".

Nubproof, exactly how many people are playing weekly? Right, it's most likely millions of players if we go by monthly, how many of these millions are playing weekly? Daily? In one week, perhaps at most one million, daily, more like some couple of hundred thousands, ah but do please bear this in mind, this is if we take people from ALL the WORLD into account, of course, these are only rough estimates on my part, using something as simple as the lolking chart, so I could very well be wrong to a certain extent when it comes to numbers. Now then, here's a trick question, how many of these players who are registered as daily/weekly/monthly there, are the exact same people playing over and over again and not different people? I don't have the means to go through that, but if you do, please do give it a check, that could probably settle this whole thing much more peaceful. Ah, but keep in mind, "Truth hurts".

GangrelCat

06-02-2014

Quote:
Voluge:
What do you expect Triforce, if you don't wait out your time between the games you're playing, then it's highly likely that you're going to be either with or against the same player(s) the next game, given that you are within the same elo "range" or did this fact not magically appear before you as obvious? I'm tired of your constant doubts, so please excuse my rude tone. Meeting even one of these potential up to 45 players isn't unlikely, if you play enough within a short time of frame, you're nearly bound to meet many of them again in a near future, unless you're queueing up with others, which can dramatically lower the amount of new faces. As to how, you're asking HOW people who CAN "reason" CAN get BY the eyes of employees hired by Riot? If you can "reason", then you're bound to "try" to find ways so you "can" do it, otherwise, one is but a naive and lucky individual, if one manage to do so without any "thought".

So, by the sheer power of reason one can magically cercumvent automated systems and Riot employees? Please, since from your perspective, we are clearly incapable in reasoning, tell us how.

Quote:
Voluge:
Nubproof, exactly how many people are playing weekly? Right, it's most likely millions of players if we go by monthly, how many of these millions are playing weekly? Daily? In one week, perhaps at most one million, daily, more like some couple of hundred thousands, ah but do please bear this in mind, this is if we take people from ALL the WORLD into account, of course, these are only rough estimates on my part, using something as simple as the lolking chart, so I could very well be wrong to a certain extent when it comes to numbers. Now then, here's a trick question, how many of these players who are registered as daily/weekly/monthly there, are the exact same people playing over and over again and not different people? I don't have the means to go through that, but if you do, please do give it a check, that could probably settle this whole thing much more peaceful. Ah, but keep in mind, "Truth hurts".

There is this thing called Google. It's totally awesome, you can type in a question, or single words even, and it gives you links to answers, just like this;

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/535...active-players (http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5350944/league-of-legends-has-27-million-daily-active-players)

So, 27 million active accounts per day, 67 million per month, across all servers of course. You were only slightly off. As to how many play several games every day? Most likely several million.

Voluge

06-02-2014

Quote:
GangrelCat:
So, by the sheer power of reason one can magically cercumvent automated systems and Riot employees? Please, since from your perspective, we are clearly incapable in reasoning, tell us how.

There is this thing called Google. It's totally awesome, you can type in a question, or single words even, and it gives you links to answers, just like this;

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/535...active-players (http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5350944/league-of-legends-has-27-million-daily-active-players)

So, 27 million active accounts per day, 67 million per month, across all servers of course. You were only slightly off. As to how many play several games every day? Most likely several million.

I'm actually stating that people have people have the "capacity" to reason pass the set limitations set by other similar people who happen to have been set in the positions to make this very system and those very people who are put in charge. Sorry that I'm indirectly comparing you to another human being who could be employed anywhere, I mean, you're certainly a perfect example of how one could potentially translate a complicated text which easily misleads you on the way.

Regarding the actual numbers. That is from January, four months (+ some days), further more, as you can already view in the comments, the numbers could very well have been made public with the thought of "at best" 63 million players "have" been online in one month's time, where about at an optimistic point of view, it could "at best" be about 27 million players online in one single day, however, as previously mentioned, even if one and the same player plays once or even twice a month, it doesn't equal to a player who plays 10+ games a week, meaning 40+ games a month, do they truly "love" this game? Going by your train of thought, one could interpret that these numbers could very well indicate that almost 50% of the LoL community is "playing" every single day, where about, another statement made in the article is that "at best" the amount of players online across ALL platforms were "at best" up from 5 million to 7,5 million players. No then, now that we have "translated" these numbers, how big is the database in reality? How big percentage is the percentage of "active" players which "I" am "referring" to? I'm clearly not referring to the ones who are merely playing once a month or merely being "online" which the number 27 million "could" have referred to.

One last thing, are you one of these "everday experts" who are "used" to reporting in "moderate" amounts?

Jehofi

06-02-2014

Quote:
Nubproof:
If you get false reports every game, then surely you must be delusional. False reports will never outweigh real reports if you behave like a normal person. This is exactly the kind of excuses trolls and flamers would use to state their innocence, when the evidence is clearly showing differently. You are welcome btw ^_^
Erm .. actually if you behave properly the false reports will outweigh the real reports. As there is not much negative behavior to validly report but on average you get a report every 20 games.

Key however is that you are well within the group of averagely reported players and your reported games show nearly now negativity.