Firewall blocking LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LP RoXas

15-07-2010

Riot Hi I have a problem since the patch and always when I start League of Legends and go into a server is a problem there:
"Connection to the server could not be established. Wen you have more than one firewall, the connection is blocked by it maybe. More detailed information you can find it in the documentation of the firewall."

Before the patch everything went perfectly and now comes the mistake I don't know much about computers any help would be grateful, perhaps via TeamViewer?
Possesses Windows 7 if anyone interrested.

Here one Screen of the Error: http://www.imagebanana.com/view/ho34nmqe/Unbenannt.png

Thanks in advance: RoXas

Yokatama

16-07-2010

I don't understand German, so I can't help you directly.

In general, it doesn't seem that you are running any custom antivirus or firewall programs, which means windows default protections should be enabled and could be blocking the connection to the game. You can easily check if that's the case by clicking windows button in lower left side of the screen, then going control panel -> windows firewall and disable it. Try to login, if the firewall was the problem, you will be able to login.

I would NOT recommend leaving firewall and/or defender disabled. Ask some friend who knows a thing or two to come over and either install and configure custom protections or reconfigure windows default system to allow connection to the game.

Default windows firewall should ask if you want to block a connection when it detects it for the first time. If you click yes, it won't ask again and block any future attempts. The blacklisted connection can be removed from the list, but I can't give exact instructions, as I'm not running win7 on this PC at the moment.

The message that tells you that firewall is blocking the connection doesn't necessarily mean that it is the problem. There is a number of other reasons that triggers the same message.

Maise

16-07-2010

what antivirus your using?

Snajperov

02-12-2010

hey, I have same situation. Before new patch it was all ok... I thought it was problem with sp2 for vista (that i have)... now I'm trying to install kaspersky and make exception for LoL... hah I'had just bought Troll... ;/

b3lov3d

25-05-2011

I have problem with firewall... it send me message: Unableto connectto the se3rver.If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection.Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry conection?

I tried to disable firewall (by turnoing off but nothing), try to disable firewall from services.msc but same prob... dunno what to do, i dont have an antivirus opnly windows firewall...