Roaming 101

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-04-2011

As roaming with champion is getting more and more interesting, i have written a guide on this topic on leaguecraft. I hope you enjoy reading.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/ga...ming-101.xhtml

Addrenry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-04-2011

nice pointers, there are quite a few "roaming" champions that aren't necessarily support though - particularly the stealthers, twitch and evelynn, another one i sometimes roam a lot with is cho'gath, because he is inherently tanky and can get away with being low level; and shen (again, great for setting up ganks - again teleport here is a key summoner spell)

Kayshin

18-04-2011

The mindset of a roaming champ is that you basically want to have 2 things, if you play the way described in the guide: Sustain (heals and/or high regen) and some form of hard cc (Taric stun, Alistar knockup + headbutt, Janna knockup, Cho knockup + silence) as well as the possibility to be a decent support endgame. As i experiment with stealth champions and other kind as well i will include this as well.

Addrenry

18-04-2011

look forward to that

Wik Zhalifa

18-04-2011

As a roamer you are not dependent on laning to snowball. That's the main point, roamer are self snowballing or snowballing via assists.

A roamer can have long reach, best example is Nocturne (currently best roamer) due to ulti and no need of items for strong 1 v 1, for that reason you can buy massive wards on him and wait for enemy champions in jungle to assasinate them 1 v 1

same as shaco, he has inbuild wards

Roamer are known as either strong ganker or supporter

God Roamer are:
Nocturne, Maokai, Alistar, Shaco, Malphite

Semi God Roamer are:
Taric, Karma, Corki, Irleia, Renekton, Twitch, Akali, Evelynn, Kassadin, Trundle, Nidalee

Else every tank/jungler/support can roam

I don't suggest to roam with Sona tho since she is VERY item dependend.

just to add

else its a very good guide

Addrenry

18-04-2011

Kass is a weak roamer early game, because of being so low on damage and cd dependant.
Doesn't mean it cant work, but compared with some of those, I would say Kass is really far down the list there.

Wik Zhalifa

18-04-2011

lvl 6 -> silence slow -> lane destroyed

roaming isn't meant to start at lvl 1...roaming is at the end of early game start of mid game, roaming is the strongest weapon of midgame, and it leads to splittpushes and 5 v 5 fights on sidelanes...
that's the job of a roamer

aMogg

19-04-2011

Kassadin shouldnt roam untill after lvl 7 and boots + catalyst + mejais. And at this point, laning is usually over anyway.

However I agree that at this point, Kass is a beast when roaming. But then again, is that really roaming?

LilacT

19-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohachhin View Post
lvl 6 -> silence slow -> lane destroyed

roaming isn't meant to start at lvl 1...roaming is at the end of early game start of mid game, roaming is the strongest weapon of midgame, and it leads to splittpushes and 5 v 5 fights on sidelanes...
that's the job of a roamer
true but roaming early game too would help, i think out of most of the champs I have seen do this, alistar and taric seem to work the best level 1 roaming. Trying this in solo queue ranked or normal, though, is risky due to matchmaking being of course random. Viable solo-laners are very much needed too.

Kayshin

19-04-2011

From my own experience, only roaming with Alistar and Taric so far, starting in a lane and getting out as soon as you reach lvl 2, maybe 3 works best for these characters. More will be added to the guide as i try roaming on all roam-capable characters.

As with roaming on non-support characters with high sustain and lower cc, this is still to be tested properly by me so more comments and stuff will be added to the guide as wel, i think the roaming mindset changes a bit when playing these other champions.