Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is Riot's policy on Custom Skins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obsecrarie

05-19-2014

I am just wondering if custom skins are o to use in League of Legends, they do not make the game unfair or anything like that as only the person who has the skin downloaded can see it, it doesnt change gameplay. My friend suggested it to me but I want to be 100% sure it is safe before I do it.

Erämaan Ärjy

05-19-2014

They're kwl.

no controll

05-19-2014

its technically not legal, as you mod the client.

HOWEVER, you won't get banned for it and I believe one of Riot's employees said its alright to use.

Hold on, I will try to find that quote.

edit: can't find the stupid quote

LordYeven

Wrenchman

05-19-2014

I think you talk about this post (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27906871#27906871)?!

Quote:
":
In our case, we've made a decision that custom skins/splashes aren't necessarily hurting the business. Our business is in making our players happy - the ability to custom stuff is likely what keeps certain people interested in our game, and acts as a force multiplier for other people. From that perspective, banning people is incredibly stupid. We're forcing people out of our game, and lessening the experience of other players, for no real clear benefit.

That said, it's important that we reserve our rights to defend the IP here. There may be certain custom skins (Nazi Teemo!) that we may have a legitimate problem with. And there are other modifications (Zoom hack!) that are a certifiable balance issue and need to be prevented. Custom creation will always be at your own risk - updates may break functionality, etc. But we also aren't going to just toss out arbitrary bans. It's not in our players' interests, and so it's definitely not in ours.

Alpha Kitten

05-19-2014

LordYEVEN!
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1723361