Importance of runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tormap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-04-2011

I see players failing every day. And when someone fails badly i tend too look at the profile too see whats wrong. I never stop being surprised at players with 200+ wins (and i assume atleast as many defeats as wins) not even owning a full rune page.
And usually those runes are completely random and 7+ different statistics is not uncommon.

Runes is the recipe for not feeding earlygame. It can put as much at a 15% difference between you and that champion youre fighting in your lanes. Meaning you base ALL your victories on being better than them....equal skilled players will win. Because they have runes giving them an unfair advantage on you. So why do you waste all your IP on champions....champions you can't fully enjoy because you dont have runes.

Heres a few tips. Because you dont need much too close the gap by alot.
These are basic runes, they may not be the best ones but they can be used on all the champions in the game without shaming them. And reduce your feeding

Marks-red- Armor Penetration/Magic Penetration
Seals-Yellow- Flat Dodge/Scaling Mp5
Glyphs-Blue- Flat Cooldown Reduction
Quintessence Flat HP

This is not so much. they are far from optimal for all the champions out there but runes are expensive....you can choose too play your fave until the next jesus comes along...or make a one time sacrifice buying runes you can use on all your future champions until you can afford too optimalize your runes for wichever champions you end up playing.
Im sure you all enjoy feeding about as much as the guy who calls you retard and noob when you do

Sonrangeri

17-04-2011

I prefer Magic resist glyphs. They give nice boost vs. early-game magic damage harass. On other runes, you're mostly right about those.

Rewision

17-04-2011

I leveled 1-30 (and played a good amount of games @30) without runes, but yes they do make a difference.

BladeXD

17-04-2011

i wouldnt go mana reg seeing as quite a few champs dont even have mana, and hp quints are **** nowadays

Marks - Armor pen
Seals - hp per lvl
Glyphs - flat magic res
Quints - Move speed

all of those runes are cheap and can be used on every champion on the game without being useless